European (Third) Kit For Next Season

WilliePettigrew

Celtic play with many hoops in the champions league do they not?whistling.gif

The backs of their shirts are normally plain white in European games are they not? The issue is with the visibiltity of the numbers. I'm fairly sure that our shirt had the hoop replaced with just a band at the front last time.

There has been so many kit threads that I’m not sure where the old ones are.

Personally I would love either a Sampdoria inspired blue top or a revival of our classic Summer Cup away. Here’s two old examples that I found on my computer.

w3gjc.jpg

Crackers!

The backs of their shirts are normally plain white in European games are they not? The issue is with the visibiltity of the numbers. I'm fairly sure that our shirt had the hoop replaced with just a band at the front last time.

Correct.

just what is knitted cotton ????

Not sure I am with you...

Fact is that the material for the away top feels inferior quality. You go into JJB and feel the quality of a Man U top or an Arsenal top and it IS a lot different. They are bigger clubs and sell 000 more tops, but the point I make is that would be fine if we paid £20 less for our tops, but they are still near enough £50.

Don,t know if is all that Puma offer us or because the quality is is not top notch it is cheaper to produce......

then dont get a full band? easily fixed :P

100% incorrect. I've got a player's shirt from the Euro campaign of 2009 in the hoose. Full hoop.

EDIT: just seen UBH's post. Point proved :wink:

I personally can’t see a problem on having a full hoop on any potential Euro shirt. The numbers on our 2009 shirt where clearly legible enough for UEFA or they wouldn’t have allowed us to wear it.

Correct.

100% incorrect. I've got a player's shirt from the Euro campaign of 2009 in the hoose. Full hoop.

EDIT: just seen UBH's post. Point proved :wink:

:doh:

Yes, in 2009 the shirt had a hoop. Mad Dog was talking about our last Euro campaign though v Breidablik, Aalesund and Odense. I was confirming that was the case.

Motherwell_1703069c.jpg

You may wish to withdraw your "100% incorrect" now. Cheers. :wink:

Not sure what the ins & outs are regarding rules with hoops etc on jerseys (can certainly remember Celtic have a white square on the back of their jerseys in the Champions League).

I would also at some point like to see a one off reintroduction of the hooped sleeve on our home top. It might be too rugby for some, but I quite like it.

Yet another mock up from last year, complete with black socks!

2urqd61.jpg

That shirt is stunning. Shame the hooped sleeves always remind me of the Malpas regime.

I'd be surprised if we have a white away shirt next season given that the current one is silver. Wouldn't mind an all claret one if the petrol blue is deemed too radical a change!

I would also at some point like to see a one off reintroduction of the hooped sleeve on our home top. It might be too rugby for some, but I quite like it.

Yet another mock up from last year, complete with black socks!

2urqd61.jpg

I would buy TWO tops :notworthy: One long sleeve and one short sleeve