Europa League 2012/13 Discussion Thread

David

Right, the chances of us doing anything in the Champions League qualifiers is pretty slim, which means we'll be more than likely dropping down into the Europa League.

We'll drop into the play-off round, meaning we're two games away from making the group stages proper, which would be fucking huge in my book.

As it stands the following clubs have qualified for the play-off round;

Sporting CP

CSKA Moscow

PSV Eindhoven

Bordeaux

Stuttgart

Metalist Kharkiv

AZ

Hapoel Tel Aviv

Lazio

Trabzonspor

Newcastle United

Levante

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

Dinamo București

Atromitos

Heart of Midlothian

Lokeren

Midtjylland

Luzern

Not to mention that we'll possibly see the following clubs coming through the other qualifying rounds of this tournament;

Twente

Rosenborg

Inter Milan

Liverpool

Marseille

Athletic Bilbao

I'm not sure if we'll be seeded in the play-off stage? Anyone care to enlighten me?

If and indeed when we land here I'll be hoping Newcastle or Liverpool I think. Cheaper away trip.

Fuck that. We can do Hearts home and away :thumbup:

• Like 1

Fuck that. We can do Hearts home and away :thumbup:

Bricktop :notworthy::notworthy:

Fukk, the CL Simplified thread was confusing enough .................. without thinking about the ifs/buts/maybes of this.

Besides, I believe we can win thru this CL 3rd round quaifier ................ then Europa League, (at least) is guaranteed.

Go on the 'Well :thumbup:

http://kassiesa.home...seedel2012.html

That is how the seedings look just now......With Newcastle being my fav English club for me that would be a complete dream

Based on us going into that the now we'd be seeded boys :yahoo:

So, we only need Liverpool, Inter, Athletic Bilbao, Twente, Marsellie ect all to crash out in the 3rd qualifying round and loads of nae seeding teams to come through instead :rolleyes:

More likely that we make it into the CL group stage than that though.

Who the fuck are you ???? Last week you think you are Gok Wan, and this week you think you're a Moderator. Who/what you gonna be next week ?

i just don't see the point of starting a thread about a competition we're not in and don't want to be in.

no matter who we draw on the 20th of july i hope we approach tie the with the attitude that no team is unbeatable and that we can progress. posters hoping we get pumped out the champions league qualifiers so we can get pumped again by the likes of liverpool or inter in the europa qualifier is pathetic imo.

i just don't see the point of starting a thread about a competition we're not in and don't want to be in.

no matter who we draw on the 20th of july i hope we approach tie the with the attitude that no team is unbeatable and that we can progress. posters hoping we get pumped out the champions league qualifiers so we can get pumped again by the likes of liverpool or inter in the europa qualifier is pathetic imo.

Pathetic? Really?

We are guaranteed to be in the Europa League.

I doubt for one second ANYONE on this forum is hoping "we get pumped out the champions league qualifiers so we can get pumped again by the likes of liverpool or inter in the europa qualifier". That is crazy talk.

Like most, I see the chances of progression in the Champions League as slim. Talking about the POSITIVE that is the Europa League if we don't progress certainly isn't a negative in my book. We should be monitoring where we end up and what teams we could get.

Good grief mate, it's post/pre season .............. with the biggest game of our history only weeks away, why not let folks discuss the iffs/buts/maybes of CL and/or Europa League. Just look at that list of teams being mentioned in the same sentence as our wee Motherwell. What a mouthwatering prospect. Who would ever have thought it.

It's pub chat, and no harm in it. Besides it makes a pleasant change from all things Govan way does it not.

Get a grip, no one wants to see Motherwell lose any game, but the chances are that we'll end up playing Europa League football this season, hopefully more than one tie right enough!

It's simple, if you don't want to discuss it then why not just not post in the thread?