The Old Racism Easy Target Manouevre

fatcalf

I don't buy papers as a rule but picked up the Express by chance yesterday whilst waiting on my lunch being made up and read the most curious thing.

Apparently Mark Walters was racially abused by Motherwell fans at Fir Park, so says Partick Thistle fans trying to deflect the accusation away from their club, saying the accuser, yon Aamer Anwaar c**t, got Firhill mixed up with Fir Park. I don't remember Walters having bananas thrown at him here, anyone else? He got abuse same as any h*n c**t would get but I reckon we're just being tarred with the same brush due to past allegations, easy target, no-one bats an eyelid cos it's happened before and all that.

Celtic Park I seem to recall him having bananas thrown at him. I used to read tonnes of fanzines from different teams I'n those days and it was heavily discussed I'n some of the Rangers ones. Had Peter Lawell been Chief Exec in those days I'n sure he would have had the SFA convinced it was all I'n the name of charity and would have had a UEFA award by the end of the week...

There was I believe some racial abuse at Tynecastle too when he went there but there was never any bananas thrown at him at Fir Park and I very much doubt Firhill.

For all it's utter shite it is amusing that someone has had the temerrity to accuse Thistle fans, those bastions of unstinting decency and morality of doing anything remotely naughty.

A guy I used to work with was a Celtic season ticket holder and he told me about the first Old Firm game at Parkhead that Mark Walters played in. He said he was stadning in the queue outside the jungle and was listening to two guys talking behinh him. It was all chat about working in a bank, taking the kids to karate lessons, having to get the grass cut and wash the car the following day. He turned round and both guys were dressed as monkeys. It shouldn't, and frankly I don't know why it does, but it makes me laugh when I think about it. I think it's the fact that two clearly middle class guys thought there was nothin wrong with going to an Old Firm game dressed as monkeys because Rangers had signed a black player...

Over 20yrs ago, but certainly do not remember Walters getting any racial abuse at FP.

He was a regular at the Rococo back then and told me he enjoyed playing at Fir Park as it was an excellent surface, (and they generally pumped us). Doubt he would have said such a thing had he been racially abused.