Straight Question(S) To The Board Of Mfc Re. Sfl Proposal

Steve Diggle

Got to admit, back when the world was a far simpler place and it was just really a debate of 'yes' or 'no' to a newco in the SPL, I stated that I would more than likely walk away from SPL football (or at least at grounds of those who vote 'yes') but I did recognise in the back of my mind that it would be a very difficult thing to do and I couldn't say 100% that I wouldn't fold.

However, if I'm being brutally honest about it, I've been left so scunnered by everything - the folk who run our game, Rangers, the media, even our own club at times - that it feels like that with every passing day, it'll become far easier to turn my back on it all.

Today our Champions League ticket sales went on sale. And yet, I've had a text from one regular at Fir Park and a phone call from another - both half-jokingly discussing who would be worth supporting from next season onwards, with no mention of the CL (admittedly because they might not know they're on sale). It's an absolute riot.

Could this be the real reason for Mr Weir stepping down as VC yesterday?

Ok we will let the society members vote and if it's a yes we will vote yes and champion the society and say it was a fan decision.

If it's a no vote then we will say it was only a consultation process and say we know best.

I just bought a season ticket today, and bought a shirt aswell, with the financial hardship the club are going to have to face in mind.

If the club turn their backs on the vote and vote yes I will feel personally ripped off and fuking raging.

Your not seriously suggesting the club should now be responding to every blog release are you??

No just wondering if they still agree with the following statement.

"It is our view that in the face of this we will be best placed if we live by the spirit of the model we are seeking to achieve.

"We believe it's mission critical that we both listen, and are seen to have listened, to the views of our members and shareholders on whom our club relies now and for the future. Under all scenarios we need to come together as a club to see this situation through.

Although I'm pleased with the (expected) results, I'm disappointed with the statement - assuming that was it.

I was under the impression that we had to wait until today as Leann Dempster was in meetings all day yesterday and would therefore need more time to draft our official statement. If that's the labors of her work then it's a bit of an anti-climax.

No just wondering if they still agree with the following statement.

Fair enough.

I dont see why they wouldnt be voting with the consensus of the fans. I havent seen anything yet to suggest otherwise.

Would expect that if they went against an 82% majority they would have far more problems to worry about than had they not offered the fans the vote in the first place

The Board of Motherwell FC asked members of the ‘Well Society and shareholders to vote on the question of whether Motherwell should vote to allow a ‘Newco Rangers’ to remain in the SPL in 2012/13 season.

The results of the ballots returned were are as follows:

Yes: 119 (18%)

No: 542 (82 %)

Votes not returned: 247

According to the earlier post earlier Motherwell FC had not issued the results as they were preparing a statement and Leann D was out of the office. So where is the statement?

Also the count took a long time supposedly due to the large number of votes cast, according to this there were 671. Not exactly a massive amount that it took 3 days to count. Western Isles and Argyll and Bute can count the electoral votes covering a wide geographic area quicker than it took the Club.

So do the Club think we are mushrooms and happy to live in the dark and be fed ....

I also felt it only fair to come back on and update everyone regarding the ballot, given it was me who posted on Saturday about it.

The results have now been independently verified and agreed.

No statement today though. Leeann D has been in meetings all day today and will play a part in penning our formal response. She is due back at Fir Park to finalise results and statement tomorrow.

Cheers

Flow

So where is the statement ?

Is Boyle not owed £300k odd from the club according to the letter that was put out with the newco vote?

If so he might be exerting more influence behind the scenes than what he ought to, if he believes that his money might be at risk by no voting the c***s back. In addition i don't seem to recollect any confirmation of him handing his shares over to the Well Society yet. All very strange with Mr Weir stepping down from his position yesterday as to what's going on.

SSN have it on breaking news Motherwell will vote no. I don't see that anywhere. I'm all for sporting integrity but not ahead of reality. If the board feel they need to do what is best to allow us to survive then I'll back them. I want to be able to continue to watch Motherwell in the top division in Scotland no matter who against and no matter what the league is called.I voted for vote yes in the online poll a while back and know I was in a minority.

I want to be able to continue to watch Motherwell in the top division in Scotland no matter who against and no matter what the league is called.

Why does being in the top division have to be a factor?

For those who never actually heard what was said on the radio...erm, what actually was said?

And by whom?

On Sportsound the guy that reads emails and breaks any latest news said "I have just been handed a piece of paper, now you'll remember we were told that Motherwell fans will decide how the club vote but we have learned that isn't necessarily the case....." Then he read out the results, that coupled with the silence on the issue from the board and Flow making several responses in the CL thread makes me extremely concerned. How hard is it for them to come out and say "We will be voting......."

I want to be able to continue to watch Motherwell in the top division in Scotland no matter who against and no matter what the league is called.

Even if it's against teams who are effectively placed there by the authorities rather than earning it, and who will be kept above us at all costs?

Even if it's against teams who are effectively placed there by the authorities rather than earning it, and who will be kept above us at all costs?

and to watch a football in a league in which two teams rule supreme and will never be held fully accountable for their actions.

On Sportsound the guy that reads emails and breaks any latest news said "I have just been handed a piece of paper, now you'll remember we were told that Motherwell fans will decide how the club vote but we have learned that isn't necessarily the case....." Then he read out the results, that coupled with the silence on the issue from the board and Flow making several responses in the CL thread makes me extremely concerned. How hard is it for them to come out and say "We will be voting......."

It's all a bit suspiscious, but I'm hoping it's because either they know now that there won't be a vote tomorrow (because it's a foregone conclusion) or because today's discussions with SFL/SFA etc. mean it won't be yes/no but voting on other proposals.

So if we get relegated next season, will you be offski?

I don't think I've read anywhere that any teams will be kept above us at all costs. I'm sure other clubs probably felt same when we finished bottom and were not relegated. Like I said personal choice and don't care who it is against.

So if we get relegated next season, will you be offski?

Nope not at all all I said was I would prefer to see us in the top division.Which ever way the board chose to vote I'll back them.If it becomes a secret ballot will we ever know?