Straight Question(S) To The Board Of Mfc Re. Sfl Proposal

Steve Diggle

If this is the level of corruption we are willing to reach to shoehorn Rangers into the SPL, then what else can we expect? If Rangers do return to the SPL within a year but are still so financially insecure that they struggle, and we find ourselves in a relegation battle with them in 2013/14, I hope all Motherwell fans are prepared to accept that we will be sacrificed to Division One to ensure Rangers remain in the SPL. No moaning about dodgy penalty or offside decisions I'm afraid, it'll just be a case of accepting that it's the new corrupt way of things to ensure that the glorious Glasgow Rangers (or whatever they're called) continue to line the pockets of those in charge of our game.

you think referees would engage in a conspiracy to fix matches? :blink:

the juniors rejigged their entire league structure for the benefit of the bigger clubs not too long ago.

getting a ten point deduction and demoted to the first divsion is punishment, a lot of people might not think it's enough punishment but it is a punishment. where was your indignation when we got away with being in admin and finishing bottom without even a slap on the wrist?

and obviously i think scottish football is great. i wouldn't go to 40 odd games a season if i didn't.

Just like all the Rangers fans you are going on about punishment for Administration

that was dealt with by means of a ten point deduction - done, dusted, finito, comprende?

again you compare it to Motherwell like all the Rangers fans, in administration being the only similarity to compare everything else was diffiernet, Motherwell could have continued to overspend and finish higher up the league, but no the administrator choose to do his job and take drastic cuts, RAngers continued to overspend by millions of pounds, due to clubs like Rangers being so disgusted by our club entering into Admin, rules were implemented which they were in breach of, Motherwell never breached any rules but hey you know that, your just one of the many blowing smoke around the issue

This isn't about punishment for administration, this is about a fair and level playing field for all participants in the sport, Rangers failed to deal with administration, in part because they continued to overspend chasing glory and didn't take the required cuts, that led them in teh liquidation process and Rangers were no more, that means like all the teams before them they can apply to join the bottom of the professional leagues or the can buy another club if any are open to the sale

the fact that its Rangers means everyone suffers, that maybe brings about the need for change, but that change needs to be done in an organised manner in the future, like the admin rules were changed after our event, but nothing should be changed at present until the matter of newco and their application if ever made to join the league is finalised

BUT hey you know all that , you just seem to get off, on twisting whats happening and going with the opposite view of the majority, not unlike someone else on here

but what about the sporting integrity? :whistling:

we'll do what we have to to survive again and if we lose a few fans then who cares...!! we're better off without those who would happily see the club in financial difficulties or withdraw their support on a whim.

You could argue that a lot of them are fighting harder for the club in the long term than a bunch of old firm lickspitles that cant drag themselves away from the old firms milky teats and are prepared to take a spanking every time they hit town (with players they either don't pay for or that the pay excessively (without tax) and illegally)

If you think that's standing up for yourself - then mind me not to give you a shout come the revolution

you are ignoring the fact that the rules allow newco share transfer. they could have been allowed to remain in the spl entirely punishment free and it would have been completely within the rules.

the rules were changed whilst rangers were in admin to create harsher punishments. the same could have been done to us but wasn't.

the second place team in the first division look like they will replace them. the same thing could have happened to us but didn't.

i'm not saying the two situations are the same but as i understand sporting integrity if you are in admin and finish bottom then you should probably vacate the league.

You could argue that a lot of them are fighting harder for the club in the long term than a bunch of old firm lickspitles that cant drag themselves away from the old firms milky teats

we are facing a long term threat to the club at the moment. i've been told there will be a cash shortfall and that the begging bowl will be coming out to hit the support up for more money.

if we run out of money what is sporting integrity going to do for us?

there was an spl vote scheduled on newco share transfer. society members were balloted on which way the club should vote.

in what way is that a sham?

It could be called a sham if the recent SFL proposal was supported by the board before the offer of a Society Newco vote. I do accept that they may have had no involvement in this latest proposal, however I suppose we will just need to wait and see what they say.

So Rangers are not being demoted to the First Division then. They're being promoted to/entered into..... The SPL have no power to demote anyone at all from their league to the SFL - if they're allowed in of course.

Rangers went into liquidation. The owners thought the SPL clubs would bend over backwards to let newco back into the SPL. The SPL clubs, based on fans reaction such as ours, decided to reject that application.

So the Well Society vote played a part in the rejection of newco application. There was nothing underhand, shady or misrepresented by the club in that vote.

Now we are dealing with the consequences, and hopefully the SFL will follow our lead and not be pushed around.

we are facing a long term threat to the club at the moment. i've been told there will be a cash shortfall and that the begging bowl will be coming out to hit the support up for more money.

if we run out of money sporting integrity what is sporting integrity going to do for us?

Even if everything went the way you want where is the sporting integrity of allowing a club to cheat and defraud everyone and then reward them for it.What is to stop them and other clubs doing it again and again. What point is having cash if the Old Firm can never be relegated. Where is the competitiveness, how is that in any shape or form a football league.

Motherwell will survive short term because we have a very small squad, we have Champions League Football and we have the Well Society for just such eventualities.

Division 1-3 have survived without SKY cash and Old Firm visits for decades without folding.

Without sporting integrity there is no football, there is no league and there is no cash because the fans will turn away in droves and the club will die.

Now go tell your pals on Rangers Media and Follow Follow that is why we want sporting integrity over SKY cash.

• Like 1

you are ignoring the fact that the rules allow newco share transfer. they could have been allowed to remain in the spl entirely punishment free and it would have been completely within the rules.

the rules were changed whilst rangers were in admin to create harsher punishments. the same could have been done to us but wasn't.

the second place team in the first division look like they will replace them. the same thing could have happened to us but didn't.

i'm not saying the two situations are the same but as i understand sporting integrity if you are in admin and finish bottom then you should probably vacate the league.

The rules haven't actually been changed yet but were proposed to ensure the transfer of share to the newco, which would have have only advantaged newco.

But you know that; the rule changes were all about helping Sevco gaining immediate membership of the SPL; BUT the oldRangers fans and the media made out it was just to punish them so it had to be shelved. If they had shut up and allowed the changes through this argument would not be happening Sevco would be playing in the SPL next season with a points and financial deduction,

They had plenty time to do that in a controlled fashion but continued to drive the mismanagement bus down the hard shoulder at 100mph

They fucked themselves

Lets get the h**s punted and start rallying the troops and joining forces with the other clubs and market whats left of ouyr game and fight for our future

I'd much rather survive fighting like fuck

Than die sucking pathetically on the teat of a dead animal that's beginning to decompose

• Like 1

To be honest this is something the board could have started working on if they werent so busy making clandestine deals to allow Sevco to rejoin the SPL as soon as possible.

We are struggling in the middle of a recession, we stand to lose £200k+ when Sevco get punted, we stand to lose money if/when tv + sponsor deals dissappear. NONE OF THIS IS A FUCKING SURPRISE!!!

What have we done as a club? Released a statement indicating the directors wish to vote Yes to newco, released another statement indicating yet more reasons we should keep newco. Got the Well Society involved,but not before making sure we`d worked out a safety net behind closed doors then silence when it breaks that were involved in shameful blackmail. Oh aye and had McCall toeing the party line re Faddy,were gubbed,cant even complete with English Sunday League Teams, and our best player walking away.

What could we have done? well its not rocket science,

First Statement - If Rangers go bust,it will impact on us all BUT if there is a vote to be had, the Well Society will decide our stance

Next Statement - A Rallying call to our support, we need you more than ever! Look at how much impact the Well Society has had on decisions! were 3 weeks from Champions league football

Faddy News/Statement -Faddy is training with us,were hopeful of working out a deal, THATS IT!! McCall,shut your fucking mouth!!!!

Jennings News ? - deadline given to him for last weekend,if nothing, bye bye, we have other options. No stringing along or any pish

Even with the "finance info" sent to Well Society voters, why not say-

without Rangers fans we look to lose approx £250k net, this means we need 660 more paying adults at every game

but no,its all doom and gloom,we cant live without the cheats + the board will find any way possible to ensure their easy ride.

Short Sighted,Shameful + unfortunately when it comes to MFC, not unexpected in the slightest dash2.gif

• Like 1

The thing I don't quite understand is, on the face of it at least, the lack of any preparation for all this by our club.

Rangers went into administration in February. Now obviously at that stage we had no idea how things would develop, but by April/May things were well underway and everybody with the slightest interest in Scottish football knew that there was a more than slim chance of Rangers going into liquidation and perhaps no longer existing beyond this season.

And yet, we were busy offering contracts out to Lasley, Hammell, Jennings, Clancy and Craigan, as well as budgeting (once again) for another season of top six football and cup runs (which in itself is ridiculous).

I'm not suggesting that all planning for next season should have halted and McCall should have scrapped all talk of new contracts until all this was settled, but there doesn't seem to have been any real consideration given to this apparent financial oblivion if Rangers cease to exist for over four months.

There's just something that doesn't quite seem right to me - we had the club putting forward the case for a 'yes' vote including saying that we have contracts that need to be honoured, and yet I've not really seen it mentioned that a couple of those contracts (and it could have been more) were offered to players when the rest of us were watching Rangers slowly creep towards complete obliteration.

• Like 1

From the herald

Hearts season ticket surge

Published on 30 June 2012

Hearts have reported an increase in season ticket sales in the wake of Vladimir Romanov's emphatic comments over newco Rangers.

A Hearts spokesperson said: "It is reassuring to know that in such testing financial circumstances for the game in this country, supporters are playing their part in providing significant support.

"We are very grateful for this backing and we hope that it will continue in the days and weeks ahead in order that the club can build on its recent progress."

SPL clubs have been warned to expect financial repercussions of not having Rangers in the top flight. However, Hearts will be buoyed by season ticket sales now standing at 8000 for the 2012/13 campaign.

From the herald

Hearts season ticket surge

Published on 30 June 2012

Hearts have reported an increase in season ticket sales in the wake of Vladimir Romanov's emphatic comments over newco Rangers.

........ However, Hearts will be buoyed by season ticket sales now standing at 8000 for the 2012/13 campaign.

Poor journalism from the Herald. Hearts season ticket sales went through the roof in the run up to the Cup Final. Final tickets were tied, to a large extent, to purchase of season tickets. There may well be other factors at play of course but the Cup Final was, at the very least, a very significant influence on sales.

Poor journalism from the Herald. Hearts season ticket sales went through the roof in the run up to the Cup Final. Final tickets were tied, to a large extent, to purchase of season tickets. There may well be other factors at play of course but the Cup Final was, at the very least, a very significant influence on sales.

Just the same as ours have gone up because of CL qualifying games?

MOTHERWELL have revealed their season-ticket sales are up 30 per cent – despite the uncertainty surrounding next season’s SPL.

But the club also confirmed some fans are refusing to renew unless the Fir Park board reject a newco Rangers’ bid to join the top flight with some demanding a refund if they vote in the Ibrox outfit’s favour.

Motherwell spokesman Alan Burrows said: “At this time last year we had sold just under 1600 season tickets but now we’re past 2100.

“We try to put extra value on our tickets by allowing parents to bring in kids for free and giving discounts to local firms.

“Finishing third and having Champions League qualifiers to look forward to has also helped.

However, we've also been subject to threats of non-renewal from supporters who are waiting to see whether or not we support Rangers’ application to join the SPL.

“And some fans who have already bought their season books have said they’ll demand their money back if we do back them.”

I really object to this part massively i didn't want to renew but not as a threat to Motherwell but because i dont want to watch a fixed league and if Motherwell helped that happen then i would be off. I have renewed on the faith of the vote we were given as society members but i now feel that was an attempt at smoke and mirrors.

Prove me wrong i'm waiting and the silence is deafening.

I really object to this part massively i didn't want to renew but not as a threat to Motherwell but because i dont want to watch a fixed league and if Motherwell helped that happen then i would be off. I have renewed on the faith of the vote we were given as society members but i now feel that was an attempt at smoke and mirrors.

On your first comment yes, but to a far lesser extent.

On your second comment everyone is entitled to renew or not and shouldn't be criticised for their decision. However many have chosen to publicise their thoughts on renewal, as they're entitled to do, and however you dress it up they are tantamount to threats of non renewal...thats a fact. Some others may not renew but have not made that public on forums.

One or two such as AlanR have decided not to renew because the club was too slow in announcing its position and fair play to him.

It's not threats its a choice each person makes. Maybe Flow should have chosen his words a little bit more wisely especially as he is the official spokesman for the club. He could have said people have 'chosen' not to renew rather than a provocative word like threats. No doubt he will be kicking himself a wee bit when he realises the context it could be taken especially at such a sensitive time with the club's director's position of being SPL panel members and 'the' document. (and its not a bloody criticism before the happy clappers go nuts on this site its an observation)

I'd like to think we'll see a statement at some point today.

I think I'd be right in saying there are about 700 members of the Well Society and only adult members were balloted. So, say that's about the 500 mark. Given the deadline for voting was yesterday, the votes should either be already counted or will be shortly - it doesn't take long at all to count about 500 votes.

So after that's done, there's no real excuse for the club to remain silent.

I'd like to think we'll see a statement at some point today.

I think I'd be right in saying there are about 700 members of the Well Society and only adult members were balloted. So, say that's about the 500 mark. Given the deadline for voting was yesterday, the votes should either be already counted or will be shortly - it doesn't take long at all to count about 500 votes.

So after that's done, there's no real excuse for the club to remain silent.

According to the website there is 1028 members.