Why I Love Motherwell Without The Politics

Well Well

Due to work commitments its been very hard for me too get to many games, hence why I have been a PATG customer for a good few years. However in taking stock of everything that's going on I wondered why I bothered posting up emotional posts (again sorry Flow, heat of the moment) about Motherwell.

When I go to watch Motherwell I love the fact our stadium is not finished, the fact we have yellow paint all over the place. How our stands are all different sizes. It makes it unique and gives the place character.

I love the fact the Big Higdon comes in and is not the complete striker, has many faults but still comes out as top scorer. How our players want to come back and finish their careers where they started.

How Humphrey can run like the wind but my 7 year old son can cross the ball better. How Lasley is probably the smallest midfielder in the league but is happy to stick the boot in when required. I love the fact that a wee Estonian no one rates comes here and plays for his travel expenses makes an impact and gets a shitload of goals and becomes a fan favourite.

How Murphy can beat 8 players and score wonder goals but then is never seen for another 5 matches.

I love how we have glorious games when we were expected to fail and abysmal failures when expectations are high of a win.

I loved Skippy Sunday, I love 2-0 game against Celtic or the unforgettable 6-6 game against Hibs.

I was shocked when Uncle Phil died but was comforted by the togetherness of the fans and their support of the family and each other. Of the naming of the Stands Davie Cooper and Phil O'Donnell.

The 1991 Scottish Cup run

How the 'well worth saving' campaign rallied us in our darkest hour and then go on to play in the Champions League 10 years later.

How we have one of the smallest squads in the league but had great success on the field.

I wish we had more money as a club but am happy to live within a strict wage structure for the future of our club

I hope we can keep this oddball bunch of players and our old and eccentric stadium going, I hope we are the driving force for change in the game but not for the benefit of one club.

I hope that the directors have the fans and the club's future uppermost in their minds at every meeting they attend and fight our corner against the dominance of the Old Firm and our rights as a member club.

That's why I love being a Motherwell fan.

• Like 15

All of the above........

I also love our colours. They are bright, unique in Scotland and even further afield you can see folk screwing up their face trying to work our who you are.

I love the fact we were the only club to break the OF dominance in the early part of the 20th C to win our only league title.

I love the fact that we took the passing game and shared it around the world in places like South Africa and Brazil.

I love the fact that we were the first non city club to win all Scottish Footballs major honours.

I love the fact that despite all the good players that have left Fir Park over the years we continue to discover exciting new talent and give it a stage.

But most of all I love the fact that Motherwell fans will dig deep and ensure our club survives in these uncertain times for the sake of fairness, sporting integrity and the general good of scottish football.

Champions League......yer havin a laugh!