Commercial Partners Threat To Scottish Football

Brazilian

But this is all built on Doncaster and the Scottish Media's propoganda that there will be NO DEAL WHATSOEVER with SKY, ESPN and Sport 5. But rumours coming from all 3 say there will be, but maybe at reduced terms!

So I'm sorry, I'm not buying that £17m figure. Aye it might drop to £10-12m without "The People" but with that figure split better, rather than half to the Old Firm and half to the rest (know thats not right figures, poetic license) then it would be a significant less hit to all SPL clubs apart from Celtic. ................................................

I'm with this.

If SKY pull the plug on an SPL without the Tax Dodgers then I will be cancelling SKY - that's full TV package, telephone and wi-fi broadband - currently over £80 a month.

Thing is, see if Sky pull out I'm sure STV and the BBC would be in buying it, they had it in the past but were priced out the market by the satellite channels and I remember watching Livingston v Partick on the Beeb. Aye, the deal may be less than now but to work out the losses as the full value of the package is mental.

Sky will lose a lot of money, will they lose 17.5 million's worth, frankly I doubt it. But it is a pricipal thing here.

Sky are in business to make money and if they want to pull out now that rangers will be gone then I can't say much against them. They have no obligation to save Scottish football. They are playing by the rules which is all we are asking that Rangers get treated by the rules.

You might have nothing to say against them, but I bloody do.

I have been saying for weeks now that if the SPL/SFA are bricking it - it can only be down to pressure from our main source of revenue - SKY TV.

They pay us peanuts as it is. For a WHOLE season the SPL gets almost a 1/3rd of what the likes of QPR, WBA and Norwich get EACH. That is right those globally recognised football brands.....

I would love to call their bluff. F#ck of Sky - we will set up SPL Tv or do a deal with ESPN and/or BT.

Now it may just be scaremongering by the powers that be in Scottish football, but the silence from Sky is deafening. They could easily come out and stand by the decision Scottish football makes. They could even word it so it keeps the Newco fans happy.

I am waiting to see the outcome, but if Sky cancel or renegotiate then I will be straight on to cancel.

We should be more vocal and turn our attention on Sky supposed behaviour.

i've already cancelled my sports package.........and as the OP says, you need to give them one months notice. So call up today, give them their notice and tell them why. And if Sky support the deal, then we can all call back up and tell them we want the package again..........SIMPLES!

as much as its starting to annoy me how long this whole thing is dragging on, what is also starting to infuriate me is the lies coming from certain quaters

we are all asking for transparency - not a "tinted specs" version

using the same logic JBA they could hav ehtn epushed back on SKY by telling them that it was never goin to happen so why put it in the contract??

The clause is that they get 4 old firm games a season, not that both teams are in the SPL, although the two are interlinked obviously.

They hav emade noises over the years of going to England or transatlantic thingy? so there was never 100% gurantee that they would be here. Not just relegation that had to be condidered.

If they ever did either of these, they would re-negotiate the deal. Quite simple really.

using the same logic JBA they could hav ehtn epushed back on SKY by telling them that it was never goin to happen so why put it in the contract??

They hav emade noises over the years of going to England or transatlantic thingy? so there was never 100% gurantee that they would be here. Not just relegation that had to be condidered.

Hence why they have built the ability to renegotiate into the contract.

They offer a lot of money because the of are in the league. Without them there's less value. They were the only offer on the table and the spl bit their hands off.

The clause is that they get 4 old firm games a season, not that both teams are in the SPL, although the two are interlinked obviously.

If they ever did either of these, they would re-negotiate the deal. Quite simple really.

If this clause exists... in 2 years time we're going to be playing either 60 games a season or 42 games a season (2x then split then 2x again) when we move to a 16 team league......

Do you think a 16 team league is possible?

It is the proposal in front of the SFL

This Season SPL 12 teams - 1 relegation + 3 promotions

Next Season SPL 14 teams - 1 relegation + 3 promotions

Followin Season SPL 16 teams...

It will not work with a 4 x Old Firm games Clause - a bigger gap will appear between the clubs points wise...

It is the proposal in front of the SFL

This Season SPL 12 teams - 1 relegation + 3 promotions

Next Season SPL 14 teams - 1 relegation + 3 promotions

Followin Season SPL 16 teams...

It will not work with a 4 x Old Firm games Clause - a bigger gap will appear between the clubs points wise...

Sorry for my ignorance. I have no idea how I possibly missed this.

So is this what is happening if the SFL vote a Rangers in to the first division? If so the Belgian model was mentioned and it now makes sense as to why St Mirren favour a Rangers in the first division, because ot was their idea in the first place.

http://www.blackandw...om-fans-meeting

Report from St mirren meeting last night. Grim reading to say the least

I read this last night. Although I still oppose the 'newco to Division One' idea, mainly because it opens the door to full-blown corruption including the likes of match fixing or the pressurising of officials, I do feel like I have a little more understanding of it from a financial point of view.

Thank God there are clubs like St Mirren to keep us updated.

• Like 2

I read this last night. Although I still oppose the 'newco to Division One' idea, mainly because it opens the door to full-blown corruption including the likes of match fixing or the pressurising of officials, I do feel like I have a little more understanding of it from a financial point of view.

A much as I am fiercely opposed to Rangers in any other league bar the 3rd division I could live with the propsal which will lead to the 16 team league. It may be a compromise I am willing to accept, however I have to ask myself whether I will be selling my soul or not.

What I don't get contracts say if the Old Firm leave Scotland - neither team is leaving Scotland if Sevoc are relegated to the Third....

I think it is time that we started getting league members to sign contracts that commit members to the league. Could you imagine if this year Rangers and/Celtic wereupping sticks and joining the Premiership. Would they be giving a monkeys about the good of Scottish football then? No they would be prepared to let all these to teams mentioned go under.

I'm sorry, but the 'compromise' of Sevco in Division 1 is my least preferred option. It's utterly embarrassing that the SPL are threatening the SFL clubs to do their dirty work for them. If we are refusing to follow procedures just to protect finances then put them back in the SPL and that's it done. Stop fucking about 40-odd clubs and actually make a decision.

P.S. Not that I'm saying I want the newco in the SPL. If they stay, I'm away.

Totally agree with this. For a massive proportion of this debacle I've felt that fans are being treated like children, unable to understand the "complex" financial matters. We're told things such as the sky deal will go but with no suggestion of how much we can realistically expect from any renegotiated deals. It's much much easier to understand if we're furnished with hard facts, difficult to accept or not.

A much as I am fiercely opposed to Rangers in any other league bar the 3rd division I could live with the propsal which will lead to the 16 team league. It may be a compromise I am willing to accept, however I have to ask myself whether I will be selling my soul or not.

I don't care anymore. I've reached the conclusion that the supporters are probably going to be shat on in some way regardless of how this ends up.

All I can say is that I have lost a huge amount of respect and confidence in a number of people.

I have also, like many, lost a lot of enthusiasm for the coming season and, to be honest, Scottish football in general.

I'm past wondering what matches, if any, I'll be attending next season. I'll decide that once this parade of shite bags and bottle merchants is complete, we know what's happening, and we know exactly who's been responsible for what.

Hence why they have built the ability to renegotiate into the contract.

They offer a lot of money because the of are in the league. Without them there's less value. They were the only offer on the table and the spl bit their hands off.

They offer buttons. They pay the absolute minimum they can get away with. They should be expected to show a bit of responsibility, it's in their interest not to strangle the game up here anyway.