Motherwell V St Johnstone

FrazMFC96

Lots of room for improvement for both sides......and I'm sure this will happen. Some really poor football on display at times. Thought Hutch was by far our best player. Happy with a point when defeat almost seemed inevitable when they went in front.

To think Hutch nearly won it for us as well. Onto Killie next week. Hopefully, a free midweek will help.

Ladies and gentleman welcome to the Iain Brines show.

Jumped up, arrogant, inconsistent ring piece of a man!!!

Difficult game, hard fought and we were really unlucky not too win. The block on the line from Hutchy was outstanding.

As Finlay says Hutch was outstanding. Impressed with Rammer aswell yet again. Disappointed in Murphy and OJ and the 45 mins out of Daley.

• Like 2

Ladies and gentleman welcome to the Iain Brines show.

Jumped up, arrogant, inconsistent ring piece of a man!!!

Spot on. What an absolutely horrendous referee. We would have been as well taking Michael Higdon off after 15 minutes once we realised Brines was going to be so incompetent - Brines took Higdon out of the game far better than any defender ever could.

Anyway, right boring game. Their's was a stonewall penalty IMO and by the letter of the law Hammell had to walk. Brines couldn't even do that properly though. Other than that it was pretty dire stuff. We're still lacking a serious cutting edge - we can pass the ball all day on the edge of an opposition box, but if no one's got the ability to create something, we'll struggle to score goals this season.

We got out of jail big time today with that point as we were absolutely awful for the majority of the match. Yet amazingly we almost won it at the death.

We looked tired and that was slightly understandable and it was a hot day out there but my goodness we were poor all over the park and St.Johnstone could and should have had the game out of sight by the time McHugh saved our blushes.

We were second to every ball in the middle of the park and defensively we looked sluggish to put it mildly.

Oh aye and Henrik Ojamaa is gash.

He gets involved and gives his all. He seemed to me to be the only player willing to create something and have a go. Aye, it didn't come off most of the time, but our main problem seemed to be our lack of drive to actually make some chances!

Well played Motherwell.

It wasn't pretty and we were understandably not at our best but for guts and determination and a willingness to fight for the cause that is the best point we'll get at home this season.

First half was all right without being brilliant. St Johnstone would know the exertions we had on Wednesday and their plan was always going to be to let us make the running and then try and hit us later on. And it was working to perfection.

Second half we came out and we were tired, perhaps more upstairs than downstairs but the passes were long or short and we really put a lot of pressure on ourselves. As such more and more of the game was played within 30 yards of our goal and every time we tried to go forward and played a slack pass we were in more and more bother. This culminated in the red card and penalty. I didn't get a right good view of it so not going to comment.

Was a bit disappointed we weren't sharper with the subs after the red card as we were a bit of a shambles at the corner (which from where I was looked like a cast iron goal kick).

From then on it really looked like we had lost as the players looked exhausted, certainly the creative ones like Murphy, Law, Higdon and at the back Hutch and Ramsden looked like they had another goal in them too. But from somewhere a second wind came and Law played in a lovely ball and while the finish was a shank it gave us something to hold onto again and it is amazing how that puts another yard on the legs.

Hateley who looked like a man who could barely stand after 70 minutes was suddenly popping up and blocking things all across the back four and Hutchinson and Ramsden were in control of their battle again. Although we equalised I do think had they kept parity of numbers they would have gone on and won as the fact we were burst did not change and if I was Lomas I'd have been raging with Vine, what an idiotic tackle he didn't need to get into. Also, he could have been off in the first half for a dive after a tackle by Hutch, looked like referee changed his mind when he realised he was booked previously.

Anyway not that high a mark for performance but an 11 for guts and determination and for that alone we deserved our point.

1344702856[/url]' post='355244']

We got out of jail big time today with that point as we were absolutely awful for the majority of the match. Yet amazingly we almost won it at the death.

We looked tired and that was slightly understandable and it was a hot day out there but my goodness we were poor all over the park and St.Johnstone could and should have had the game out of sight by the time McHugh saved our blushes.

We were second to every ball in the middle of the park and defensively we looked sluggish to put it mildly.

Loads of loose women out and about... Time you had your hole. Giving them your best 20 seconds will take your mind off what was a good point given how the Cuntstable Iain Brines ran his show.

PS, nobody in the lodge get this 'orrible c**t blackballed?

• Like 1