Hibs V Motherwell 15/12/12

GazzyB

BBC's headline -

"Bob McHugh's last-gasp goal gave Motherwell all three points in a five goal thriller against 10-man Hibernian."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20650190

They only had 10 men for 2 bloody minutes!

It also says McPake was sent off before the winner when it was after.

Do they actually have a reporter at the game?!

Fantastic comeback which indicates a real strength of character. Bold move for McCall to take off Cummins for McHugh. Imagine Fenlon will be getting pelters for his substitutions.

Said after the cup exit that the next 4 games could go a long way to shaping our season. Fine start and I inagine we will take a good crowd to Paisley on Friday.

Well done Morherwell.

First away game of the season for me and what a game . How do you sum it up though, at 2 down and up untill we scored we were utter shite, but then we were superb. As a well fan I'm buzzin but if I was a hibee i would be fuckin fizzin that my team gave a 2 goal lead away in a game they were cruising. Tough shit and get it right fuckin up them ha ha .Mon the well . My man of the match..... The whole fuckin team . yo ho ho.

Inspired subs today to spark a very unlikely comeback win . M/Well playing basically a 3-3-4 , who'd a thunk it ?

Absolutely buzzing after listening to the MFCTV commentary , the guys' reaction when the winner went in was brilliant .

Off to works do now and free bar all night , right in the mood to smash it now . COYW !! .

Anyone got a recording of the 3rd goal commentary ?

absolutely magic result. Must admit I had a feeling we'd win there today which shouldn't really be a surprise with our away form this season. well done to all concerned.

don't know how to post up specific links but check out the Hibees bounce forum www.hibeesbounce.com . Plenty of credit from Hibs fans for our wee band of fans who made the journey up & obviously gave superb backing again. always interesting to read opposition fans versions of a game when you've beat them.

drinks all round the night :cheers:

absolutely magic result. Must admit I had a feeling we'd win there today which shouldn't really be a surprise with our away form this season. well done to all concerned.

don't know how to post up specific links but check out the Hibees bounce forum www.hibeesbounce.com . Plenty of credit from Hibs fans for our wee band of fans who made the journey up & obviously gave superb backing again. always interesting to read opposition fans versions of a game when you've beat them.

drinks all round the night :cheers:

Hibs forum 1 Hibs forum 2

Hibs forum 1 Hibs forum 2

cheers Madscot. Now, even better check out the Motherwell link on hibs.net forum. All McCall's detractors should have a look at that & see what other teams fans think of our management & team. Guaranteed it's not only Hibs fans that think that way. Deal with supporters of most Scottish teams through work & they rave about not only our manager but by & large our players who some of our fans see fit to slaughter either on here or worst still at FP constantly.

We were brilliant after we pulled a goal back, should have won by more! Higdon, Humphrey, Ojamaa all missed decent chances and how Bob missed from a yard out I'll never know but he more than made up for it a few minutes later.

Humphrey was brilliant, 2nd half was one of his best Motherwell displays and he never stopped running. Murphy took both his goals well and was a real menace when moved through the middle. Higdon had a hand in the first two goals with a nice dummy for the 1st and good knock down for the 2nd. Hateley's delivery was better this week, still a bit hit and miss and he seemed to settle a bit better in the 2nd half. We also scored from one of his corners, finally! Law didn't look fully fit but fair play to him for sticking with it. Not Ojamaa's best game but he kept going and set up the winner. Bob never stopped and got his reward. To be fair everyone deserves credit for the fight shown in the 2nd half.

Defence still a concern, Hutchinson lost Doyle for the 1st and Cummins was caught out for the 2nd and I would consider putting Ramsden in there for Friday night.

However fuck the negative shit, today should be all postive. Well done as well especially to McCall, took some baws to take off a centre half for a striker away from home and go for it so well done to him.

Great celebrations at the end and you can see what it meant to both players and fans. Great day out, I do just fucking love Motherwell some times..:cheers:

• Like 2

cheers Madscot. Now, even better check out the Motherwell link on hibs.net forum. All McCall's detractors should have a look at that & see what other teams fans think of our management & team. Guaranteed it's not only Hibs fans that think that way. Deal with supporters of most Scottish teams through work & they rave about not only our manager but by & large our players who some of our fans see fit to slaughter either on here or worst still at FP constantly.

Hibs.net

Copied from hib.net

Being honest they are probably the best team I've saw at Easter Road this season. Done their best to keep it on the ground. Played with two pacey wingers and in all honesty got what they deserved.

Why can't we do it? Wish we knew cause we could maybe sort it. But there is attitude problems all around and that's the biggest thing for me

Can we sign Hateley, Higdon, Hammell and Law in januray?

They have what we've not had in 5 or 6 years - pace, width, drive. Great side to watch in full flow - credit to McCall and 'Well, great wee side

Fair play to Motherwell, they totally deserved their victory based on their second half performance. The last half an hour was probably one of the most dominant performances I have seen by an away team at Easter Road this season.

The culture at their club is better than ours.

Fitness, work ethic, discipline.

Running hard, putting tackles in, keeping going for 90 minutes

Terry Butcher has it at Inverness. Not the most skillful but honest pros.

If you thought Motherwell were poor in the 2nd half then we're really in trouble. I thought they were excellent.

All copied from hibs.net

What a performance that was. The first half was a game of absolute turgid shite. To be honest I didn't really think Hibs had done enough to merit their lead but their goal did come from the one bit of quality from Wotherspoon on the wing and a very clever header by Doyle.

Even before they scored the second one I felt the game was turning our way but I was worried when they went 2-0 that the momentum would sink and it could go the same way as the game back in October. However to our credit we seemed to take it as a spark and we turned in 40 minutes of football from the highest order.

Few star performers for me. Henrik Ojamaa was outstanding in the 2nd half. Not so much the stuff he did the ball which was all right but not special but his running off the ball was outstanding, he was dragging defenders all over the place and while he was doing it Murphy, Higdon and latterly McHugh were making the most of the space he created.

Lasley had a super game breaking up the midfield from Hibs, moreso in the 2nd half but Hibs did knock the possession out of themselves by taking off Doyle and Griffiths which gave us the ball so often whereas in the 1st half we had to work to get it back.

Hateley was miles better than Tuesday, some telling balls and some good interplays with Humphrey and Ojamaa - bounced back from criticism superbly.

Finally I thought McCall had lost his marbles with the change he made of McHugh for Cummins but he was proved right because the threat from Hibs had tapered because of the changes Fenlon had made and that meant we could forfeit a man at the back.

Law looked a yard off the pace today but his reputation caused Hibs problems as they couldn't leave them.

Hibs.net

Copied from hib.net

Being honest they are probably the best team I've saw at Easter Road this season. Done their best to keep it on the ground. Played with two pacey wingers and in all honesty got what they deserved.

Why can't we do it? Wish we knew cause we could maybe sort it. But there is attitude problems all around and that's the biggest thing for me

Can we sign Hateley, Higdon, Hammell and Law in januray?

They have what we've not had in 5 or 6 years - pace, width, drive. Great side to watch in full flow - credit to McCall and 'Well, great wee side

cheers again boss.

just wish our fans appreciated Motherwell as much as others seem to :whistling:

• Like 2

Where to start? Have had just about the perfect day out ever. Few pints before the game with some pals to recover from my work night out (fortunately just live 10 mins walk from Easter Rd).

First half was okay, nothing special, but we definitely didn't merit being a goal down. Had about the worst possible start to the second half with their goal, but then...2 things happened that changed the game completely.

1. Hibs took Griffiths off - do not underestimate the importance of this moment. By removing Griffiths, who was having a poor game by his standards, they removed a point of potential worry, and someone we had to police, no matter how poorly he was playing. His pace and movement was a worry, even if he did nothing all game.

2. McCall reacted to this and brought on McHugh, changing our shape to reduce the numbers at the back and add more up front. This suddenly gave Humphrey and Higdon a hell of a lot more space and support, and immediately allowed us to get on the front foot.

I know there are those who complain about McCall's lack of a plan B, but the way he reacted to Fenlon's change was superb, and completely changed the game. Bringing McHugh on for Cummins totally changed everything and suddenly, we had them under the kosh.

Aside from his lapse at the first goal, I thought Hutch was superb. He marshalled Griffiths perfectly and kept him quiet. All the while, Murphy ran them ragged today, once allowed off the leash. Ojamaa worked hard and was unlucky, but his tenacity created the third. Humphrey was simply phenomenal once he got the space to work the man on the right side, and Higdon linked stuff up superbly.

Brilliant comeback, and should help satisfy those who question whether this team has the mentality to dig deep and pull out a result.

• Like 3