Zfa

pingu

There have been quite a lot of shouts on this board recently for Agnol to be starting games, sometimes instead of Hammell and sometimes in front of Hammell.

This is not meant to sound negative, but I don't understand why he is so highly rated? He has done nothing of note whenever I've seen him.

Is it a case of wishful thinking, in that way an absent player becomes so much better when they're not there?

There have been quite a lot of shouts on this board recently for Agnol to be starting games, sometimes instead of Hammell and sometimes in front of Hammell.

This is not meant to sound negative, but I don't understand why he is so highly rated? He has done nothing of note whenever I've seen him.

Is it a case of wishful thinking, in that way an absent player becomes so much better when they're not there?

He's due his chance, nothing more nothing less. He's very quick, good on the attack and in my view can potentially defend better than Steve Hammell. Probably Stevie is the better set piece taker. Stevie has never been particularly strong defensively and a bit of competition would be no bad thing.

In left midfield he's a better bet defensively than Jamie Murphy.

What has ZFA done? Well so far he hasn't had much game time but he did set up one goal against Ross County when he came on as a sub.

By no means the finished article. Perhaps his major disadvantage, like Stevie, is lack of height.

From what ive seen of him, hes a better left mid than left back. I was very impressed with his 15minute cameo last saturday. Constantly looking to get the ball, driving at their defence, getting to the bye line and cutting it back. He certainly brought some pace and energy to the team.

Yep, when he's come on he's always looked energetic, comfortable and more than willing to move the ball forward. I've not seen enough of him defensively to judge in that respect but I really like how positive he is, willing to take men on and make runs to create space.

I'm always pleased to see him come off the bench and would be delighted to have him at the starting line up. I know he's not proven yet but there is a lot of potential there so he deserves his chance.

From what ive seen of him, hes a better left mid than left back. I was very impressed with his 15minute cameo last saturday. Constantly looking to get the ball, driving at their defence, getting to the bye line and cutting it back. He certainly brought some pace and energy to the team.

Pretty much agree with this. Looks a lot more comfortable in forward positions. Not sure of him as a left back though.

Against St Johnstone he made a great run with the ball right down the middle of the park from left back, if Murphy had played the 1--2 he would have tapped it in from the six yard box (Murphy put it narrowly wide). The exposure he is getting to the first team can only make him a better player and if he continues to progress I would have no issues with him as a regular.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how some people see things.....was at the game today with my usual mates....and after the game met some other "associates" .........who reckon ZFA is shite ! ie he was all over the place :blush:

Today and the last few game he has come on he has been awesome !!

IMHO think he is the future at the @Arc !!!!!!

• Like 2

Funny how some people see things.....was at the game today with my usual mates....and after the game met some other "associates" .........who reckon ZFA is shite ! ie he was all over the place :blush:

Today and the last few game he has come on he has been awesome !!

IMHO think he is the future at the @Arc !!!!!!

I totally agree.

• Like 1

had a mate who stays abroad at the game today, not impressed at all with Zaines contribution after my earlier praise about him

he'd definitely got talent in abundance going forward, I've raved about him

I'd rather he was one of ours than facing him, but he'll need some more time to develop into the all rounder before probably getting a move down south

Look forward to seeing him progress tho' , what more can a 'Wellfan ask for

Maybe didn't win many tackles, but he never wasted a ball and his running was superb. But he was being flanked by Murphy and Ojamaa who were immense - I think we can judge him when they are having a quiet game and see how he does.

I agree he had a great game going forward ,but i never seen him tackle,let alone win one.A couple of blocks aye .Never a left back.Maybe left mid when Murphy leaves?

Edit . just watched S McCall interview on you tube and its not his usual position.