Motherwell V Aberdeen

MJC_MKI

I fancy us to bounce back in style on Boxing Day and get some revenge for the Cup defeat by beating Aberdeen in the league, just as we did last season. I have a feeling they will play a more open game as they attempt to go for three points giving us the opportunity to exploit them at the back.

Fancy us to give them a bit of a pumping and while we'll gift them a goal or two we'll do enough to send these Dandy bastards home with their tails between their legs,

4-2 Motherwell, Higdon double, Law & Ojamaa with the others...Merry Christmas Broon ya squeaky voiced old weasel :D

• Like 3

MJC predicting a win? :evilgrin:

I wonder with the way the Sheepie-mehs setup against us last time if McCall might be tempted with a front line of McHugh and Ojamaa from the start to get in about them the way we finished off against the Buddies on Friday night.

Like others I am really looking forward to this one- especially after reading Broon the buffoon's latest ramblings about getting back into the top two by beating us again! Mind you this is in response to his chairman saying his contract will be judged on his team's league performance!

I sincerely hope we will be able to help him back into the bottom six.

I hope SMC is able to take a gamble and start with the team which finished at Paisley. Our movement and confidence on the ball was a joy to watch and if it hadn't been for some amazing luck and last minute defending we would have walked away with a victory. The fact that St Midden set up as though they were the away team for the first half and hit us on the break shows that teams have sussed our style and the old B'stard has already suckered us and will probably think he can do it again.

Lets send him back north with his tail between his legs.

As much as we'd all like to see us having a right go from the off. We might be forgetting how exposed and leaky our defense has been recently.

They way we ended up playing on Friday night is all well and good when you're already 2 down and a team are sitting in. From the off in a more open game would give me the fear any time the opposition had the ball.

Would like to see ZFA start ahead of Hammell. I know people seem to think Zaine cant defend and Hammell is a much safer option but would like to McCall take the gamble and go at aberdeen from the off!

Yes, ZFA is due a chance. Ever since his debut Stevie has been very good on the ball but has never defended particularly well. Unfortunately at the moment our right back gets drawn out of position up the field and our left back gets drawn out of position into the middle. Certainly at Pittodrie and Fir Park in the cup Faither Broon targetted our left hand side as have several opposing managers.

Because I want us to win this game soooo much I too have the fear.

We don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet. It all depends who scores first. If they do then like the cup game, they will sit even deeper and hit us on the break.

We need the ball to bounce our way which I do not think it has v Dons in the cup or against St Mirren last Friday.

2-2 is my prediction, but I would settle for 5-1 :-)

we need to try something different at home other teams have sussed how to stop us. Stuart McCall has some decisions to make after the impressive performances from McHugh and ZFA off the bench. Im tempted to go with this line up but its extremly hard to pick who to drop (would be very harsh on higgy tbh)

---------------------randy----------------

hately/kerr/saunders---------hutch-----hammell--------ZFA

-----------------law-----lasley--------------------

humphrey------murphy-------ojamma

--------------Boab McHugh-------------

If we can score first we'll win

• Like 1

1356350791[/url]' post='370191']

we need to try something different at home other teams have sussed how to stop us. Stuart McCall has some decisions to make after the impressive performances from McHugh and ZFA off the bench. Im tempted to go with this line up but its extremly hard to pick who to drop (would be very harsh on higgy tbh)

---------------------randy----------------

hately/kerr/saunders---------hutch-----hammell--------ZFA

-----------------law-----lasley--------------------

humphrey------murphy-------ojamma

--------------Boab McHugh-------------

If we can score first we'll win

wacko.gif Are you on the plant food?

• Like 2

Craig Brown's a wank. Quote on the BBC site where he describes them losing to us in the league the week after they beat us in the cup as

Remember last year we beat them in the cup and then we lost 1-0 to a rather fortunate long-range shot from Stevie Hammell in the league

That goal was a belter and he knows it. Hope we give them a doing on Wednesday, give the old goat something to moan about.

Bob McHugh fully deserves his chance but I don't get this ZFA spunkfest he's a fuckin bomb scare .I'm all for giving young players a chance if they are good enough ......he's not.

Really?Ypu must be watching different games from me - 2 full games he has played we have won! When he comes on he gives us a spark and makes us a bit different from the normal boring high ball to Hopless.

Remember last year we beat them in the cup and then we lost 1-0 to a rather fortunate long-range shot from Stevie Hammell in the league

Aye, almost as fortunate as scoring from a corner which should never have been awarded in the first place when they beat us in the Cup a week before.

Broon's at it.

• Like 2

Just watched the last Sportscene and looking at McGinn's performance against St. Johnstone and then thinking about our defensive problems at the moment, well, it's hard to be too positive.

I'm putting on a crazy coupon with all the Premiership and SPL games on, and I can't very well sit at the game and hope for a draw or lose, so I'm still putting home win on my coupon.

Our leaky defense does not inspire confidence in the prediction game. Suffice to say, if we give up a couple of goals and lose, everyone will be panic stricken again like two weeks ago. I hope we can get three points out of this...a bounce back win would be massive. I'll say 3-2 good guys, but more wishful than confident.