Motherwell V Aberdeen

MJC_MKI

I agree it's time to get Diggle to fuck. He can't handle anyone having a different opinion from him. We won 4-1 today and he couldn't wait to moan. I and others might moan but we don't do it after a win. You can love your team and moan at them at the same time. Diggle is ignorant to that fact and for his last post......facepalm.gif

Like I say, you have absolutely no idea about the level of irony.

I at no point have had an issue about folk who 'moan' about the team. You are correct - you, me, others all do that.

I'm talking about something completely different.

Forgot to add. Nicky Law was outstanding today

Class above everything else, Henrik might have been MOTM and likely deservedly so but Nicky is the footballer at our club right now

Spot on :notworthy:

Absolutely and just shows how much we missed him in the Cup game.

He is a key player in our squad and we are a far poorer side without him.

Super game of football from us today, and to be fair Aberdeen more than contributed to the game, espeically in the first half. I said to my dad we attacked like Brazil and defended like a Boys Brigade team and that was the theme throughout the first half. Every goal came down the left, was the result of some beautiful passing, running and crossing and we looked so multi dimensional today that Aberdeen didn't have a clue what to do.

In my view we did get lucky today though as Higdon should have been off for that tackle on Reynolds. High and dangerous, it ticked every box of being a red card.

Ojamaa, Angol, Murphy and Law were different class. Hope we play like that on Saturday and get one over that arsehole Shiels who is probably third on my SPL manager hatelist.

Pretty sure Higgys boot was almost on the deck and studs down towards the turf and not even with an extended leg

be happy to view it again as I was looking at it straight on, but was surprised it was even a talking too?

but aye, we got a couple of breaks today that let the team breathe and display some great stuff

I don't think we could have complained if it was a red too. My view was that he pretty much planted his studs on Reynolds knee. Might have got away with it because he didn't intend it and use much force. He turned and threw a leg at the ball without really expecting Reynolds to be so close.

I don't think we could have complained if it was a red too. My view was that he pretty much planted his studs on Reynolds knee. Might have got away with it because he didn't intend it and use much force. He turned and threw a leg at the ball without really expecting Reynolds to be so close.

I think we got away with it for the reasons you mentioned and also because Reynolds got up and accepted his apology.

Re: the Higdon challenge on Reynolds, there are some referees out there who would have flashed the red and indeed some opponents who would have rolled about as if near enough dead had they been on the receiving end of that challenge from Higdon. I think it is to both the referee's credit that he gave Higdon the benefit of the doubt and also to Reynolds' credit that he didn't make a meal of it and got right back up again. Being right in line with the challenge I honestly don't for one minute believe that there was any intended malice in it, more a case of a lazy, late challenge from Higdon which caught Reynolds. Higdon is not the type of player who would go out to intentially put that kind of tackle on an opponent and it was good to see Reynolds accept that and get on with the game.

Re: the Higdon challenge on Reynolds, there are some referees out there who would have flashed the red and indeed some opponents who would have rolled about as if near enough dead had they been on the receiving end of that challenge from Higdon. I think it is to both the referee's credit that he gave Higdon the benefit of the doubt and also to Reynolds' credit that he didn't make a meal of it and got right back up again. Being right in line with the challenge I honestly don't for one minute believe that there was any intended malice in it, more a case of a lazy, late challenge from Higdon which caught Reynolds. Higdon is not the type of player who would go out to intentially put that kind of tackle on an opponent and it was good to see Reynolds accept that and get on with the game.

I was in the same area and my initial reaction was that it was lucky to be only yellow.

On the fans thing I think there are some amount of greetin faced pricks in the east who will go absolutely bat shit mental if a 50 50 throw in call isn't given the way they want. I would hazard a guess that a sizeable proportion know fuck all about football.

Anyway an excellent game of football which could have had about 10 goals in it. Not enough of that for the paying season ticket holder in my opinion, more against killie please!

• Like 1

......On the fans thing I think there are some amount of greetin faced pricks in the east who will go absolutely bat shit mental if a 50 50 throw in call isn't given the way they want. I would hazard a guess that a sizeable proportion know fuck all about football......

Spot on mate.:read:.

• Like 1

Super game of football from us today, and to be fair Aberdeen more than contributed to the game, espeically in the first half. I said to my dad we attacked like Brazil and defended like a Boys Brigade team and that was the theme throughout the first half. Every goal came down the left, was the result of some beautiful passing, running and crossing and we looked so multi dimensional today that Aberdeen didn't have a clue what to do.

In my view we did get lucky today though as Higdon should have been off for that tackle on Reynolds. High and dangerous, it ticked every box of being a red card.

Ojamaa, Angol, Murphy and Law were different class.

Fair comment. I though we were outstanding today especially in the second half and our attacking football was a joy to behold. Best entertainment I've had in along while at Fir Park.

If we are going to debate red cards why wasn't Clark Robertson not sent off for his challenge on Henrik? Henrik had beaten him all ends up and was about to turn in on goal with only Langfield to beat - clearly denied a goalscoring opportunity.

Yep. I thought it looked more like Higdon stumbled at the challenge rather than threw himself at it, which in my view, merited a booking rather than a red card. At the same time, I'd be surprised if the replay doesn't show that he could've quite easily been chucked off.

As mentioned, we were absolutely tremendous today. Ojamaa was excellent, Murphy and Higdon too, but Law is just brilliant. Been one of my favourites since he first turned up in that Leeds friendly and cuffed their right side with a shimmie. Was speaking to my faither about 'what ifs' before the game. 'What if' we'd been able to keep some of the players we've lost over the past few years, rather than losing them to higher wages down south. Regardless of who has come and gone, I'd take Law in a first XI of our best players of the past few years. Top man, top player.

over three thousand members of these forums.....

about 12 posters are ruining the forum for all the other readers...

Merry Christmas Bring on the Killie

Well said Iain. This has been needing saying for quite some time now. We have to ask why so few of our 3,000 members now post. I've lost count of the number of members, who no longer post, who have said exactly this.

• Like 1

Well said Iain. This has been needing saying for quite some time now. We have to ask why so few of our 3,000 members now post. I've lost count of the number of members, who no longer post, who have said exactly this.

As brazilian says 12 posters or trolls are wasting the forums .Thats life i suppose .

I have to admit when I saw the starting 11 yesterday I huffed "what are you playing at Stuart, leaving Hammell and an in for Humphrey on the bench". Just shows you why I'm paying 300 quid for a season ticket and he's getting paid. What it has also done is rest a couple of good players while getting a cracking victory.

The team were fantastic yesterday and it was 4-1 going on 9-1. Ojamaa was senstational yesterday and I also thought that Zaine Francis Angol had a brilliant game.

By the way get it right round you Craig Brown, your team were beat by the better team. We had more desire and more class than your boys and that fact will never change despite the shite you continue to spout.

Had to work yesterday so couldnt get up to the game. Gutted to have missed such a great performance but delighted for a whole host of reasons.

Sounded like the crowd got behind the team.

The manager proved he IS aware of our deficiencies at home and willing to think out the box with a change of tactics.

It appears some of the players getting most criticism put in better perfornances.

Most importantly we got 3 points playing attacking attractive football at Fir Park!

This is the way watching a team in 2nd place is meant to be. Here's hoping we can carry this feeling onto Saturday which is an important anniversary for us all.

"We are all Stuart McCall"

Said to my 8yr old on the way to the game, that if we got the 1st goal in early then we would give them a cuffing and that's exactly how it played out. For Broon to say that the score line flattered us is utterly bizarre, yes they had a couple of good early chances but over the course of 90mins we utterly destroyed them in every area of the pitch - it was really impressive stuff.

Tactically, smc out thought the two auld pricks, and I'm pretty sure that had we gone with our conventional formation then we may not have had the same outcome. What was the formation, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-2-1? Fuck knows!!!

A few quick points;

The interplay, movement and fluidity of our players in that formation was great to see, Lasley popping up on the left, Ojama and Murphy swapping endlessly, Law roaming, Hateley, ZFA and Kerr joining in on attacks. The only players who really remained in the one position were Higdon, hutch and Ramsden/cummins.

Higdon could easily have seen red, but then again so could their guy when we got the pen

Aberdeen are fucking abysmal, they really are, and that's the only negative feeling I had leaving fir park yesterday, how did we manage to lose to that lot in the Cup?? Broon goes on about his injury list, but what difference would the likes of Hughes or Naysmith have made to their performance? Not much probably, ad when you sign guys of their age or with their track record in terms of injury then you have nae excuse.

Hutch was all over the place in the early stages of the match, and while I'm a big fan of his, he hasn't filled me with much confidence this season. Was he toiling with the new formation, has he toiled because crags isn't there anymore?

Ojama looked back to his old self, Aberdeen couldn't live with him at times yesterday and his set up play for Higdons goal was sublime.

Please don't let Murphy hit another penalty

I'm not convinced by young Angol. Early stages of his well career of course, but I don't think he will be a long term replacement to Hammell, as his positional awareness seems to be lacking. Long term replacement for Murphy, would seem more plausible to me.

Overall, it was a devastating performance from us, which was long overdue at fir park this season

Good performance for the home fans yesterday, and great to hear the whole stadiumget behind the team. Hateley getting a great goal early on set us up to go at them and at times Murphy and Ojamma were unplayable. A bit slack at the Dons goal but ZFA showed great feet to set up murph just before the break. A pleasant change not looking to get the ball to one or two indiviuals, instead every one of our team took responsibility on the ball and worked very hard off it.

Same again on Saturday will do nicely.

Just about the perfect day. Watched Motherwell serving up an absolutely sensational performance & then after a wee cargo up to Melting Pot at Girdwoods to continue the party with another 30-40 Well fans givin' it large to some fantastic choons. Totally buzzin' after a great day & night.

:thumbup: to all concerned.

Very occasionally there are some results that you would be be quite happy if you didn't have another game for a while simply so you can spend time reflecting on just how good it was without it quickly being nidged into the background by the subsequent fixture.

For me this is one of those.

It was a bold selection by McCall. The last few games we've been "in the zone" going forward at points during recent games where the situation has demanded a fast-paced, sustained attacking approach. I got the impression that McCall wanted to let them loose from the word go yesterday to make sure Aberdeen didn't get the foothold in the game that would allow them to dig in and then look to nick one as is their way.

When Brown goes down the "I'm not one for making excuses...but..." line post-match you know that he's been tactically outdone and so it was yesterday.

We rode our luck a little in the opening couple of minutes and I was getting increasingly edgy as we inched towards half-time but over the piece we delivered a raally memorable attacking display that was all the more enjoyable given the opposition.

The third was crucial for me. It completely changed the outlook that Aberdeen were forced to take as they looked to rescue the game and afforded us the breathing space to continue to do what we were doing. The subsequent tactical switches they made just played right into our hands leaving their defence exposed time and time again as we tore them to ribbons.

What a shame Murph wasn't able to get that hat-trick or Ojamaa a goal that he richly deserved with his performance. That we decided to coast home in the last 10 - 15 minutes also perhaps spared Aberdeen further embarassment.

But glorious, glorious stuff!!!!

To the folk arguing, just let it go. I wanna read about our performance today, not who's missed what point etc.

Great 3 pts today, results elsewhere were awesome too.

Being one who regularly managed to get involved in such tete a tete's I realised that they are as boring as fuck for everyone else on a forum who actually wants to discuss the topic at hand in the thread.

If you guys have such a hard on for each other PM each other and gies peace.

I'm not convinced by young Angol. Early stages of his well career of course, but I don't think he will be a long term replacement to Hammell, as his positional awareness seems to be lacking. Long term replacement for Murphy, would seem more plausible to me.

On the contrary I think we have won a watch with ZFA. Not sure what his best position is and he is suspect defending, however is that such a surprise for one so young.

His wing wizadry set up 2 of the 1st half goals. What more do you want from someone who is normally on the bench. I also felt he played well when he came on against St Mirren last Friday.

As for the game and result. Enjoyed that result more than any other this season.

Being one who regularly managed to get involved in such tete a tete's I realised that they are as boring as fuck for everyone else on a forum who actually wants to discuss the topic at hand in the thread.

If you guys have such a hard on for each other PM each other and gies peace.

All well and good & point taken

What about the regular posters who have all but fucked off because they're fed up reading that McCall Must Go or that Higdon / Ojamaa / Hateley / Kerr / ZFA etc are useless c***s for example?

By calling out certain behaviours to stop - who are we preserving the forum for?

Regular posters who want a discussion?

Or the bipolar wife beaters who cant decide if they want to bounce up and down in joy or seriously verbally abuse one of our own?

Just asking

All well and good & point taken

What about the regular posters who have all but fucked off because they're fed up reading that McCall Must Go or that Higdon / Ojamaa / Hateley / Kerr / ZFA etc are useless c***s for example?

By calling out certain behaviours to stop - who are we preserving the forum for?

Regular posters who want a discussion?

Or the bipolar wife beaters who cant decide if they want to bounce up and down in joy or seriously verbally abuse one of our own?

Just asking

I would class myself as a semi regular poster who wants to read and talk about the team and I don't mind reading criticism but despair when that criticism crosses the line into abuse.God only knows what the players must think when they look in here which they will invariably do from time to time