Page Leaves The Club

eaststandfan

Personally dont think we saw enough of Page to say whether he wouldve made it with us or not. However, given our defensive deficiencies this season it would appear that the manager hasnt seen enough in training to convince him that he was the answer which must say something.

Wish him all the best in finding a new club though.

i don't see how ramsden offers any more than page but obviously his face doesn't fit.

That quote gives me the fear! With McCall in charge there's prob a good chance this summer we will lose Randy, Saunders,Hutch,Law,Humph,Ojamaa,Zfa,Higdon while Ramsden & Omar will get extensions. They should be first out the door!

I thought he looked mostly decent, but he has been with the club under McGhee, Gannon, Brown and McCall and only managed 14 appearances. It's possible they could all be wrong, but it seems more likely they are seeing something that we don't.

While I agree mostly with you I do think that's a little harsh considering the majority of that time he was behind Craggs/Hutch. Haven't seen enough to make my mind up properly but he has impressed in most of the games he played & spent a good time on loan at Stirling Albion where he looked fantastic & scored regularly. Was he just not up to it? Was he meerly unlucky? We will prob never know

While I agree mostly with you I do think that's a little harsh considering the majority of that time he was behind Craggs/Hutch. Haven't seen enough to make my mind up properly but he has impressed in most of the games he played & spent a good time on loan at Stirling Albion where he looked fantastic & scored regularly. Was he just not up to it? Was he meerly unlucky? We will prob never know

Aye, that's true. McCall has had the chance to use him more often, but his 3 predecessors had a pretty settled defence.

Hopefully he will find first team football somewhere (and I'm not just saying that because I bought is training gear on MFC ebay and want the price to go up!)

The few times I saw Steven Lawless he looked a real player so I was very disappointed when he was released.

I can't say Johnny Page had quite the same impact on me but I'll echo the sentiments of some and say he never struck me as a significantly worse player than some of the guys that have been turning out for us this season in defence.

Should he have been given a chance instead of bring in Fraser Kerr on loan? Perhaps.

I think the only surprise here is that is that Page was allowed to go with six months still left on his deal.

It was fairly apparent that McCall didn't particularly rate him, hence the loan to Accies despite the fact we appeared light at the back. I had head stories that even a year ago the player was desperate to go out on loan just to play football but that McCall was reluctant to let him go so when he bowed to that it seemed sort of inevitable that his time at Motherwell was coming to a close.

I think there may be a player there. I think it may well tell take a Craigan like spell in the lower leagues for him to build himself up into a player with sufficient ability and perhaps just as importantly confidence in his own ability to succeed in the SPL. Not sure we've quite had the time and the circumstance to afford him that space to do that in recent times at Fir Park.

Disappointed that we released him for free.

Even a nominal fee would have done the job.

We will have not needed to pay the rest of his contracted wage - that might have been the agreement. So no fee is involved.

Also maybe it's a chance to free up a wage for a new player in January?