Mcghee's Comment In Programme

Steve Diggle

No way in hell unless you're a sports person are you abused or allowed to be abused as much as they are. Even if you earned the same amount of money.

Saying that I did laugh at the huge cheer as the half time whistle yesterday, as if it wasn't for Clarkson's goal there would have been rings of booing! Even though that goal did not improve our performance of the half.

Bull, the only difference is the enviroment, people relax at football and use different language to that of the work place thats why it seems different. The essence of the point is the same.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a grip.

I'm sorry if I was making a total tit of myself in my work somebody (ie the person who is paying my wages) would be on my case, football is no different, my boss wouldn't just shut up about it and hope things got better from a distance. C'mon man get real here.

Lets look at this relatively here for a second. The average wage for a motherwell player must be say around £1000 per week give or take a couple of hundred. How many people do you know who get paid that kind of money a year? £52k is a high pressure job for any other person, football should be no different, whether that means pressure from a manager because you aint earning it, opposition fans beacuse their are rivals in every walk of life, or your own fans because they are ploughing in money and seeing less of a result than they expect, the same as in any job.

Would your boss stand behind you then pointing yelling "BOOOOOOOO" and "Your fuckin' shite, get out".

No, he would take you aside and talk to you in private, like a man. Now I am sure that McGhee is more than capable of doing this when someone isn't playing well. Having morons in the stand getting on your case isn't goin to help. Look at Fitz before, he was beat before he walked onto the park most of the time because he knew what was coming, no matter what.

Seriously, what good is giving abuse to you own players for 90 minutes going to do?

Why not stay in give the wife or kids a tenner and slap them about a bit? Your a fiver up already and you still get whatever is frustrating you out your system.

It wouldn't surprise me if any hope we had of keeping Hughes all but vanished last week after he felt the need to have to stand up for Fitz.

Would your boss stand behind you then pointing yelling "BOOOOOOOO" and "Your fuckin' shite, get out".

No, he would take you aside and talk to you in private, like a man. Now I am sure that McGhee is more than capable of doing this when someone isn't playing well. Having morons in the stand getting on your case isn't goin to help. Look at Fitz before, he was beat before he walked onto the park most of the time because he knew what was coming, no matter what.

Seriously, what good is giving abuse to you own players for 90 minutes going to do?

Why not stay in give the wife or kids a tenner and slap them about a bit? Your a fiver up already and you still get whatever is frustrating you out your system.

It wouldn't surprise me if any hope we had of keeping Hughes all but vanished last week after he felt the need to have to stand up for Fitz.

Okkkayyy and the award for missing the bloody point goes too........

Go and have a read at what I posted earlier on.

And by the way, lets not turn this into another Fitzpatrick bashing, its been done to death.

And lets face it the way motherwell as in the club have handled the whole fan thing is a bit like a "its ma baw" syndrome. "He is my team so your no allowed to play" piss off.

Oh and lenny henry... the wife and kids jibe was pathetic

Bull, the only difference is the enviroment, people relax at football and use different language to that of the work place thats why it seems different. The essence of the point is the same.

No the difference is "supporters" hide behind Stewards and Police and the Mob to shout things they probably wouldn't dare to face to face. Some think it is because those who do it are in a dead end job or ruts and to make themselves look bigger and better than they are. "Bullied Syndrome" it's called or something by Psychologists.

No the difference is "supporters" hide behind Stewards and Police and the Mob to shout things they probably wouldn't dare to face to face. Some think it is because those who do it are in a dead end job or ruts and to make themselves look bigger and better than they are. "Bullied Syndrome" it's called or something by Psychologists.

Im not interested in hiding behind anyone, if somebody is rank rotten they need to be told so. Just as a side point, this whole culture of hiding behind people when things get tough is a societal problem, not just individual to football.

Thank you for giving me such a laugh to compare booing a football player to domestic violence and child abuse truly shows you're level of maturity and intelligence :D

They need to be told by their boss.Since alot of boo boys have been proven they no the square root of fuck all regarding what makes a good footballer in recent seasons.

So if you have a complaint go to their boss (the guy who knows what a footballer is you see). Right a letter of complaint like you would do in any other instance of complaint of service. :D

They need to be told by their boss.Since alot of boo boys have been proven they no the square root of fuck all regarding what makes a good footballer in recent seasons.

So if you have a complaint go to their boss (the guy who knows what a footballer is you see). Right a letter of complaint like you would do in any other instance of complaint of service. :D

Its Motherwell we are talking about here, you think they would give you one back? :D

To be honest I fail to understand why we give our own players so much stick and then expect them to play well, Of someone constantly undermined your ability and performance at work how would you respond ...............probably by getting a job elsewhere.

Try laying off the players after all theres a ref and his 2 cohorts to abuse and they deserve it more :D

Okkkayyy and the award for missing the bloody point goes too........

Go and have a read at what I posted earlier on.

And by the way, lets not turn this into another Fitzpatrick bashing, its been done to death.

And lets face it the way motherwell as in the club have handled the whole fan thing is a bit like a "its ma baw" syndrome. "He is my team so your no allowed to play" piss off.

Oh and lenny henry... the wife and kids jibe was pathetic

I did not say anythin about wife and kids, go an have a read what was posted earlier on!

Think McGhee's article is well written and I agree with everything he says. What i dont agree with is him turnin around and shoutin at the whole stand when some supporters are clapping the players off the park!

Good article but MM will never convince me it was 4-3-3 last week. I thought the fans were well behind the team yesterday and pushed them on to the win. The support will react positively if the team are trying to win games.

What he said!

No way was that a 4 3 3!!!

Think McGhee's article is well written and I agree with everything he says. What i dont agree with is him turnin around and shoutin at the whole stand when some supporters are clapping the players off the park!

What???? Is that what he did?? What did he shout??

"Its a 4 3 3, honest"

Our midfield clearly lacks a sweeper upper without Fizzy, it's hard to fathom, but we are so lightweight in their without him.

A midfield yesterday of O Brien, Smith, Klimpl and Hughes was far too weak. Klimpl would win a ball and a challenge would be needed to gain possession and Hughes would ponce in and turn sideways to try to cover his shitebagness as he failed to get stuck in. Fizzy would, and did when came on, just get in there and clear it, which is needed.

As much as many fans seem to dislike the boy, he is vital to our midfield and we are a worse team without him in it IMO.

Agreed. I must admit I thought Smith in for Fitzy was a strange one.

O'Brien, Hughes, Klimpl, Fitzpatrick I think is our best midfield at the moment. I know Fitzy has a tendency to drift inside...but recently Hammell has more than compensated for that.

Again as I said in one of my previous posts, Motherwell fans are currently spoiled. I love Motherwell but in the last two years I have totally lost the love and enjoyment of my fellow fans around me at HOME matches. This year I went to Nancy and found it a wonderful experience. It was great to talk to fans from all over the world. Since I came back, I have met one or two of the people I met at away games, (I normally go on my own to away games) and they have been really accomodating to me. At the hibs away game Keef, who is a cracking guy, sat me down beside him and yir elder. I thought the banter that day beside those guys was terrific and I had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Similar was the atmosphere at dundee united was, again was away.

Let me then take Fir Park, I sit in two different areas in the East Stand. I sit towards the away end first half and the davie cooper the second half. So I see a pretty broad spectrum of the ground. There are guys who have NOTHING positive to say in the whole ninety minutes. I am not criticising those who speak against the grain but be a little objective please. These guys also to me seem the loudest and most confrontational. The number of times I have seen fans shouting at each other in the east stand is growing. There is a really poor vibe amongst the fans. The term 'happy clappers' has been created for fans who provide support to the team. This term to me insinuates a lack of intelligence by these fans who have been put in this banner. I must admit I think next year I will try and find a plot of the main stand with none of these total negative idiots beside me.

I am totally embarrased by the Marc Fitzpatrick affair v St Mirren. It was cringeworthy. The booing v Falkirk 1-1 at the end of a game we dominated is out of order, we aint going to win every game, face facts the team tried verfy hard to win that day to be met with some initial boos at full time? McGhees comments are spot on, get behind the team at the ground and take your bitching out on these boards. Because as I have said before we are spoiled, we wont be so fortunate in the mid-long term, because someone akin to Malpas once McGhee is gone will remind all Motherwell fans to enjoy the better times.

Agree 100%, we are entitled to our opinion because we are paying customers but some of the negativity that comes down from the stands at times is breath-taking. I also sit at the South End of the East Stand 1st half and Cooper end the 2nd and I would say it is much more negative at the Cooper end for whatever reason. People have short memories, I don't mind the negativity when we are shite a la the malpas 'era' but currently we have got it good and should be behind a team that give 100% and would be trying to play good fitba if it wasnt for that surface.

There are fans favourites and fans villains in most teams, but the abuse that Fitz (who I think adds a lot to our team) or Quinn get for a wayward pass compared to the likes of Lasley or Hughes is ridiculous.

What???? Is that what he did?? What did he shout??

"Its a 4 3 3, honest"

Couldnt hear what he shouted but he was mouthin off, leitch had to drag him away! There are a few idiots in the main stand an just with 1 look at them you can tell that they havent kicked a ball in their life and i do find myself telling them to shut it. but that is part of scottish football and he should be able to handle it especially when the rest off the stand is clapping the players off, after they havent played very well. IMO it wasnt right for Mcghee to do that.