Hibs Game Moved.

SuperSteelman

Regardless of win, lose or draw its yet another sell-out to television. Late decisions continue with no regard for fans in general and season holders in particular. Another season of change with little notice to almost every day of the week. Obviously no one is listening to the fans but what's new. Disgusted.

nice to know what as expected to happen, did so, despite the assurances that the Friday night football experiment was about getting fans into stadiums, it'll end up being just another TV slot being filled, without even the payback of cancelling the awful Sunday morning slots.

remember getting questioned about what clubs have to gain by skewing the attendances with freebies and cutting prices for the original games, well here is the answer, more tv slots

Friday 2nd December 2011

Motherwell v Hibs 6741 fans (1460 visiting Hibbies, new manager) no TV (match abandoned)

All fans £10 adult £5 juveniles

season ticket holders free ticket for friend

Friday 21st December 2012 no TV

St Mirren vs Motherwell 4023 fans (956 travelling wellfans)

many youth groups given freebies and home kids were getting in for £2 away for £5

Friday 15th March ???? fans

Motherwell v Hibs live on ESPN

just more proof that no one should ever take what Neil Doncaster promotes as "for the fans" is ever the full story

nice to know what as expected to happen did, despite the assurances that the Friday night football experiment was about getting fans into stadiums, it'll end up being just another TV slot being filled, without even the payback of cancelling the awful Sunday morning slots.

remember getting questioned about what clubs have to gain by skewing the attendances with freebies and cutting prices for the original games, well here is the answer, more tv slots

Friday 2nd December 2011

Motherwell v Hibs 6741 fans (1460 visiting Hibbies, new manager) no TV (match abandoned)

All fans £10 adult £5 juveniles

season ticket holders free ticket for friend

Friday 21st December 2012 no TV

St Mirren vs Motherwell 4023 fans (956 travelling wellfans)

many youth groups given freebies and home kids were getting in for £2 away for £5

Friday 15th March ???? fans

Motherwell v Hibs live on ESPN

just more proof that no one should ever take what Neil Doncaster promotes as "for the fans" is ever the full story

Neil Doncaster should take the part of William Wallace in a realistic adaptation of Braveheart, with no props I mean rather than a really realistic adaptation of the story :rolleyes::thumbup:

If my choice is Friday night v Sunday lunchtime, I'd take Friday anytime

There is six weeks notice, aye some folk will have stuff planned but them are the breaks - I missed the abandoned game and the Inverness home game in September because fixtures changed and whilst its a pisser its a known gamble. I'll tell you I wish I had the social life of some of you chaps on here because it seems to be every time a game gets swtiched half our home support can't go.

• Like 2

I was actually hoping this game would get moved, as I can't make that Saturday. Would have preferred the Sunday, but the Friday will do. The one time I was actually hoping for the game to not be on a Saturday at 3pm. Let's just hope it turns out better than our last Friday night game v Hibs.

Why cant the SPL sit down with Sky/ESPN at the start of the season and sort the TV schedule then? Surely not beyond the combined intellects of all involved......but then again!

They do them in blocks.

Makes sense, as they can pick out meaningful games, no point trying to guess what the key games will be in August.

Having said that, in previous seasons the schedule was roughly; rangers away, celtic away, rangers away, celtic away, Edinburgh derby, rangers away, celtic away, old firm game, celtic away, rangers away, celtic away, token Kilmarnock v Aberdeen game, rangers away.....

:lol:

I quite like Friday football actually. Each to their own I suppose.

Big fan of FNF.....but it should be a derby like games......not far to travel....went to St Midden just before Xmas ....nearly a 1,000 Dossers.........if the game was at Easter Road...lucky if we would take 100-200.......Feckin common sense...IMHO !!!