Stuart Mccall

Well Well

glad that McCall has committed for another 2 yrs

we've not heard much chat this year of the budget being slashed, so hopefully what we have now is also available for next season too

if we offer Higgy a new deal on similar terms, then i think he'll stay. The problem arises, as I mentioned a while back, if Daly goes to Rangers. United will come sniffing about. Thats means more money for him and he doesnt need to uproot his family (which is his main priority)

I think Randz and Law are offski - too good for us, and deserve to play at a higher level

I think Hateley will have his head swayed by his dad - he's been a great servant to us. Not sure he can play at a much higher level than us and for that reason, I think he'll chase the £££ while they are on offer (that may mean Rangers or going down south)

I think seeing all the young boys sign on means that McCall sees some of them as a more central part of the team for the next few seasons

it would be a nice send off if these players can get us that 2nd spot

I'm quite happy he has signed on again

not elated like some, Stuart McCall has many good skills and redeeming features,

I still see him having the need to develop on some technical aspects of the game and on his stubborness to drop tactics or players that are not working during a game or run of games as well as the sidenote of the nedd to talk up our positives instead of the oppositions, but he IS a very successful Motherwell manager and I am appreciative that it was unlikely we could have taken on a more experienced well rounded manager.

Stuart deserves this deal, and I expect he really wants the opportunity of gaining another Euro spot and the prize of managing again in European competition if he gets there.

with the expected budget cuts (SFL have all but kiboshed the restructure next season), I think we'll be lucky for him to see out one full season of the deal, with him moving on for compensation, and us continuing to develop or resurrect managers careers as well as players

Thanks for signing on Stuart, good job, so far, lets hope you can drag a little bit more success out

Something which I think sometimes get lost is that McCall seems to want to build us an attacking attractive team. Look at the players we have, look at the number of times this season we have been scoring 3+ goals.

Yes, we have been conceeding as well, but its refreshing to see a team go out to try and entertain. Compare that with the dross served up by Scotland under Levein, or the multitude of teams in the SPL that just don't want to lose. By all accounts McCoist seems to still be playing 1 upfront in division 3.

Maybe its McCalls philosophy or perhaps its part of the Motherwell business plan to get fans back to Fir Park. Im certainly enjoying it this year, probably the most since McGhee's first season.

I get as pissed off as the next fan when we get beat, but he number of times I've come away from Fir Park absolutley buzzing for days due to not just a victory, but the manner of the victory is pretty good. Im thinking Aberdeen, ICT, Hibs etc. Those sorts of performances are what we need if we are to attract fans back.

Guess what Im saying is I can accept McCalls points that the Brazilian raises because they are more than made up for with not only a winning team, but an entertaining team.

Mon the 'well!

• Like 2

I'm delighted he has re-signed, and he was as good as his word by having it done by the Dundee game.

I think we now have a much better chance of keeping the out of contract players now although I think that Randolph and Law are off. If they move down south to bigger clubs then we can't grudge them it one bit as they have been fantastic servants to us. Big, big players to replace though.

If any of our players go up the circus car crash that is Sevco then hell mend them!

I think everyone else will stay though. Except Daley who will deservedly be punted.

I think Hateley will have his head swayed by his dad - he's been a great servant to us. Not sure he can play at a much higher level than us and for that reason, I think he'll chase the £££ while they are on offer (that may mean Rangers or going down south)

40k newco fans in Ibrox and Hateley is booting corners off the first man/straight out for a bye kick,the shit he gets from the odd punter in the East Stand will seem like a picnic!

• 3 weeks later...

Decent day for the 'Well today! smile.gif

Staurt McCall Manager of the month, Nicky Law SPL player of the month and Craig Moore on loan at Cowdenbeath has won the SFL1 young player of the month.

Well done to all and fully deserved...Our recent run has been fantastic and Law has been excellent. Can't say I've seen any of Moore but he's got five goals in six starts and it would have been 7 if the game against Partick hadn't been abandoned after he already had a brace.