St Mirren Game On Thursday

East_Stand_Al

11 duds on show tonight not just quinn if i turn up at work tomorrow and put in a performance like that i would go straight out the door we are talking about pro footballers who cant control a ball or pass a ball to each other on a surface like a bowling green

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with all the abuse for Fitzy and Quinn? Two of the "untouchables" were shite tonight, Clarkson and Hughes. If Clarkson could pass the ball the length of himself we wouldnt have lost. Hughes played ok for a wee while but for 75% of the game he was non existent. I dont like critiscising the team but its unfair how critisicm is levelled at certain players who were no worse than others. I feel fucking robbed to have paid money to watch that shite. Hope the players get their arses reamed for that, a very decent travelling support going home absolutely gutted because of some individuals feeble efforts.

Hughes, Sheridan n Jim O`Brien were the only pass marks in my opinion. Clarky had his worst game for a while, but he will bounce back. Not seen the goal yet, but what the fuck is Craigan doing trying top play offside in the 85th min of a Cup replay?! ;) I like Mark Mcghee, but what has Jamie Murphy done to deserve to get bombed out? Theres no way, anyone can tell me Darren Smith is a better player. (Tell me if u want, but ur just bloody lieing!) Getting beat tonight, actually makes me more up for Sun, players will know they need to get the finger out, no choice!!

Whats with all the abuse for Fitzy and Quinn? Two of the "untouchables" were shite tonight, Clarkson and Hughes. If Clarkson could pass the ball the length of himself we wouldnt have lost. Hughes played ok for a wee while but for 75% of the game he was non existent. I dont like critiscising the team but its unfair how critisicm is levelled at certain players who were no worse than others. I feel fucking robbed to have paid money to watch that shite. Hope the players get their arses reamed for that, a very decent travelling support going home absolutely gutted because of some individuals feeble efforts.

Can't argue with any of that, Clarkson looked tired tonight and had no pace to beat anyone plus was a tired pass to give away possession in the lead up to the goal. McGhee made the wrong choice taking off Fitzpatrick, he was breaking up their play, what did bringing on Darren Smith for him give us? He should have got Murphy and Sutton on for Sheridan who was asking to go off and Clarkson. I'm totally gutted with that performance. St Mirren are a difficult team to break down and we basically had no ideas, poor passing, simple mistakes, giving away possession on short corners etc, if we are working on that in training well more work is required. Also yes we have cut out losing goals from set pieces but does it require everyone back? When the ball drops to us we boot it up and it's straight back. Mehmet stays up for st Mirren and wins and holds ball up. Plus their No 2 Ross was allowed to cross in far too many dangerous crosses. We got what we deserved.

Hope the players get their arses reamed for that, a very decent travelling support going home absolutely gutted because of some individuals feeble efforts.

I think it was more of a team effort (or lack of ) than any individual that was to blame tonight.

I dont think criticism can be thrown at just 1 or 2 players tonight, as they were all below par !!

on the bright side .... we might not have a decent playing surface, but we have a stadium with a bit of character and atmosphere, something that St Midden most definitely dont !

Think it's important how we react for Sunday. Losing tonight, and a rocket up their arses, just might be enough to take a under-performing Shellic side at the week-end.

Sunday's game is the ideal game for Fitzpatrick to be on from start, providing as strong a defence as possible against a stronger team and hope to hit Celtic on the break.

Tonight was against an equally mediocre squad yet the tactics, as for the first half of the first game, were very negative. If that was 4-3-3 then I confess I failed to see it with nearly no threat from 'Well on the left.

Gutted thenite but a couple of things annoyed me. For me, Hammell never tried tae beat a man, he didnt look confident enough to do that. And Clarky looked knackered thenite, just wondered if he couldve been benched then brought onto have a big impact with a half hour to go. And why did Craigan try to play offside with such a short time to go. The only thing the big man done wrong all nite.

An i'm sorry but Fitzpatrick did nothing, canae track a man tae save his arse! Why McGhee even considers him for a place on the bench is beyond me.

I just hope the lads can pick themselves up for sunday.

Ach well, preparations for the shoe-eating have begun - started by sounding out a camera capable of capturing the meal! ;)

Anyway, just in from the game as we had to stop for a jar in town in attempt to recover from a very poor night. As for the game - woeful. Shite football match, shite result, shite atmosphere. The myth that we're a good football side was totally blown away tonight, we won't play on a better surface for the rest of the season and yet we were dreadful. Thought big Cillian was our best player, but overall a very disappointing performance. Once Fizzy went off it changed the game, we no longer had a defensive minded player in midfield and it's no surprise their goal came from the side Fizzy had previously been covering.

Special mention for the Roy Walker lookalike in the 'Well support, I've never heard such a moaning-faced bastard in all my life, absolutely no idea what you actually get out of going to Motherwell games. Believe it or not, if a Motherwell player does well to block a shot, it's a bit ridiculous to then get on his back because the ball didn't then deflect to his own player. It was quite evident on numerous occasions that this guy has never played organised football at any level in his life. The guy was basically the epitome of everything that is wrong with the Motherwell support.

But aye, disappointing evening all round.

Absolutely dreadful result tonight - we just never got going.

Had to endure the full 90 mins in front of some guy who did some screaming running commentary as if he was actually on the park playing. and he was in amongst another bunch of complete moaning faced tossers who were shouting 'shite' almost before the game had kicked off.

Fucking torture all round particularly in the away end

On a side note, obviously most folk will be looking at St Mirren's stadium with the view that we might move to something similiar in the future - if we can get half as good transport links as that ground we'll be absolutely jamming!

Out the train, into the ground, out the ground, onto the train - superb! ;)

Special mention for the Roy Walker lookalike in the 'Well support, I've never heard such a moaning-faced bastard in all my life, absolutely no idea what you actually get out of going to Motherwell games. Believe it or not, if a Motherwell player does well to block a shot, it's a bit ridiculous to then get on his back because the ball didn't then deflect to his own player. It was quite evident on numerous occasions that this guy has never played organised football at any level in his life. The guy was basically the epitome of everything that is wrong with the Motherwell support.

That goes for the 3 fat burds who were sat behind me behind the goals, please god don't let me be anywhere near them in Fir Park, just talked shite all night and shouted even worse, was a shit night with the result and even more shit having to listen to they 3 for the whole game. McGhee McGhee, Fitzpatrick is poor get width on blah blah blah.

Really poor show tonight, very little positives to take, Hughes showed in the second half he COULD take the game by the scruff of the neck but unfortunately everyone else was found wanting.

Other than that, not a lot to be said, it was always going to be one goal that won it, there was never going to be an equaliser and quite how Darren Smith is still in our first team squad amazes me he brings nothing to our team apart from someone to bring on when we're trying to defend a lead to run to the corner flag as tha tis all he does.

Still, it's not like Motherwell to go and play absolutely shite then get a result against the Old Firm....is it?

Watched the game on the box tonight and I feel heartfelt sorry for our fans who went to the game. You were let down very badly. Back to basics I'm afraid. There's no real point in analysing our performance there's much more fundamental problems to address first. My only exception would be to highlight that we've lost yet another goal from our Achilles heel on the left flank.

MMcG fielded the team that I would have done but 3 minutes into the game it was apparent that the team simply wasn't up for the game. Throughout the 90 minutes there was no fight no heart and we treated it more like a friendly than a cup tie. St Mirren on the other hand were up for it and credit where its due they fought for their win. At times they seemed to have 15 players on the pitch. Ok they didn't play much football but they chased, harried and tackled all night and justice was done when Mehmet scored.

The way we played tonight was reminiscent of the game late last year at Falkirk. No fight and no spirit, and lack of effort. Quite plainly we have problems off the pitch. Maybe bonus disputes who knows? But, certainly lack of motivation. This current team are not cut out for cups, that much is clear.

Not good enough Mr McGhee! The fans don't expect good performances or results but they are entitled to seeing the team give 100% and they've been badly short changed tonight.