2013/14 Fixtures

Wellfan1984

aberdeen away on boxing day is a disgrace. Don't think there will be many travelling fans going to that one

Disappointing time for that fixture but they were here this time last year, unfortunately Dundee Utd is the only SPL ground within 100 miles of Aberdeen this season so with three rubbish days for public transport being used this year (Boxing Day, Sunday between Xmas and New Year and Ne'er Day itself) someone was going to have to do it.

Thistle away on Sunday December 29th - belter!

This has got a boozy night in the west end written all over it. I'll only be back up the road for the Christmas games I'd imagine. Aberdeen away on Boxing Day is a bit of a pain in the arse, but does mean I'll be able to see some pals up there, get blazed and potentially jump off the train at my Girlfriend's in fife on the way home for a wee sleep. Tidy.

aberdeen away on boxing day is a disgrace. Don't think there will be many travelling fans going to that one

My initial thoughts are that I quite fancy the trip with the potential of being off work on the 27th.

And I suppose the Sheepies end up with a journey at this time of the year on a fair number of occassions, so maybe due a turn at home - as mentioned, outside of Utd and maybe St Johnstone, it's a journey for everyone

MON RA DOSSERS

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure BT have chosen 5.30PM Saturday as their live time for SPL games all season.

That's not exactly going to help with promoting our beautiful game in the far east.... that'll be way after midnight out here.

5.30pm is much much much better than the Sunday lunchtime nonsense! Extra couple of hours in the pub before hand might liven up the atmosphere a bit too :whistling:

I suppose it depends upon the importance of the fixture ofcourse but the Scotland v Italy game at Hampden was something like a 5pm or 5:30pm kick off. I can barely remember being in a crowd as smashed out their faces as I was that evening. Those extra two or three hours were deadly for many!

I suppose it depends upon the importance of the fixture ofcourse but the Scotland v Italy game at Hampden was something like a 5pm or 5:30pm kick off. I can barely remember being in a crowd as smashed out their faces as I was that evening. Those extra two or three hours were deadly for many!

In fairness a Scotland game is a whole different kettle of fish! We were also half decent at that point and generally when people in Scotland are up for an event they just drink to serious excess... I would include myself in that mind!