Motherwell Vs Ict... 17/08/13

Well 4 Europe

Think McCall getting a bit carried away in his thinking that we are defensively more solid this season.

Looks like the plan was to keep it tight & then bring ZFA & Anier on for last 30mins or so to hopefully make an impact & produce a goal.

The early goal has blown that plan & sounds like we're struggling & could be further behind.

Hoping we can get our act together & get back into the game.

Looks like we cannot score and are struggling to defend.

We are all hoping for a quick turnaround, but so far the signs are this could be a long season.

Top 6 could even be a fanciful notion at this rate.....

Not normally this negative, but our defence was supposed to keep things tight at the back and we keep giving away goals from free headers..

So what's the excuses this week?

No Europe to be tired from, no injuries, another week working together.

I'm starting to think McCall has made several wrong signings.

We are top heavy in areas, yet have literally not one option in others.

Something is seriously wrong with Faddy. He's had a full pre-season after playing 13 games last season wo the "he needs games under his belt" wullnae cut it for me. If he's injured, don't play him.

1376750404[/url]' post='393659']

So what's the excuses this week?

No Europe to be tired from, no injuries, another week working together.

I'm starting to think McCall has made several wrong signings.

We are top heavy in areas, yet have literally not one option in others.

Something is seriously wrong with Faddy. He's had a full pre-season after playing 13 games last season wo the "he needs games under his belt" wullnae cut it for me. If he's injured, don't play him.

We are pish poor this season - that's the bottom line.

I wish I had been around to watch our pish teams in the 70s and early 80s as I would then have a better sense of perspective

Countless games last season were of two halves, a few outstanding comebacks. We're a group we are known by the collective noun of a support not a pessimism. Lets all calm down

You may not be the biggest fan of a player or tactic however may as well get behind them as unless injury steps in they are here till January at the earliest.

From the radio commentary it sounds like a lot more of what I picked up on last week, basics not being done, putting us under undue pressure. Just not clicking. But we are playing the in form team on their own turf, last season's exploits don't guarantee us 3 points in situations such as these, however it would be nicer to hear we were competing more.

Why did we sign Lawson? We had Carswell seemingly ready for first team football and has more to his game than Lawson, my biggest disappointment is that the Lawson money could surely have been spend on natural width, which obviosly we have none of. We r far too easily to play against right now

I like the look of Lawson but his signing was a very strange one!!

Not sure why people are jumping on Lawson. Carswell looks like he might do a job but even if he can step up Lasley won't be around forever.

Lawson I've only really seen against Krasnodar and Hibs and both games he cut a composed figure. Should be a decent acquisition and not to blame for a lack of width elsewhere.