Motherwell Vs Ict... 17/08/13

Well 4 Europe

3-1-4-2

Hollis

Ramsden - Hutchinson - McManus

Lawson

McFadden - Lasley - Vigurs - Zaine

Sutton - McHugh

I think this may prove to be our best formation this year on current personnel.

I think in time Gunnar and Kerr will displace Hollis and Ramsden, and Arnier will normally get the nod in front of McHugh, but understand he play for his country there so may be best used later against Caley.

Carswell should bd knocking at the door, and Hammell will spell Zaine and perhaps be used in 4-4-2.

• Like 1

3-1-4-2

Hollis

Ramsden - Hutchinson - McManus

Lawson

McFadden - Lasley - Vigurs - Zaine

Sutton - McHugh

I think this may prove to be our best formation this year on current personnel.

I think in time Gunnar and Kerr will displace Hollis and Ramsden, and Arnier will normally get the nod in front of McHugh, but understand he play for his country there so may be best used later against Caley.

Carswell should bd knocking at the door, and Hammell will spell Zaine and perhaps be used in 4-4-2.

See what you're trying to say but for me Anier has to start.

Not only is he the only player to have scored a goal for us so far this season he's also been clinical and scored the only two chances he's had. Given that chances seem to be at a premium for us at this moment in time and given ICT will probably score at least one, we will need to be fairly clinical down the other end. So for me our only in form and confident striker must start.

Even if he only lasts 70 mins then we can bring Bob on for him but if we're to get anything on Saturday we're going to have to take what chances do come are way and if there was any player at Motherwell I'd want a chance to fall to at this moment in time it's Anier.

• Like 1

Can't see this being a pleasant weekend to be a Well fan.

They look settled, strong, and more ready for this game than we do.

I'd be happy with a lineup of

Hollis

Ramsden - Hutchinson - McManus - Hammell

Lawson

Vigurs - Lasley

McFadden Angol

Anier

We're going to need the extra man in midfield, I feel, and removing Sutton from the equation in favour of Lawson also stops the temptation to hoof the ball at his head. Especially considering that he's actually relatively weak at knock ons from there, as compared to balls to chest or feet, where he has a chance for a decent pass on.

McFadden looks shocking at the moment, but unless he's injured, he's just going to have to keep trooping through it, unless Anier can play out there, because frankly, Kerr is not an option.

I just don't think we're anywhere near ready for this challenge, though, and can see 3-0 Inverness, with us labouring to get a shot anywhere near the target.

Still, mon the Well, prove me wrong (again).

• Like 1

McManus and Hammell were most certainly feeling the strain of the trip to Russia on Sunday as both players performances reflected it. Having now cost our last 4 goals, I'd like to see McManus have a big performance this Sunday to see him back on track having looked particularly solid against Krasnodar home and Hibs respectively.

I would also say it's time for Sutton to do ANYTHING, or Bob and co. should be screaming the place down to start over him. Anier has really hit the ground running so will surely retain his place.

I think this season is definitely going to bring the well known air of uncertainty back to Motherwell following our consistent performances over the last while, so predicting Saturday's result is nigh on impossible.

• Like 3

They look settled, strong, and more ready for this game than we do.

Agreed, Inverness have changed very little over the summer and should only get stronger. Partick Thistle are another side that look very settled and I am not looking forward to playing them in just over a weeks time (No doubt Lawless and Co will have something to prove.) I would prefer to have been playing St.Mirren, Killie or even Hearts away on Saturday.

We have the players to win this match, it’s just a bit early for our new look team. It’s never easy playing against a settled side as we proved last year.

• Like 1

Agreed, Inverness have changed very little over the summer and should only get stronger.

I'm not quite up to speed with all their transfer dealings, but I thought they brought in about 11 new players?

EDIT: in fact here's the list -

- Norwegian forward Torbjorn Agdestein on a free transfer from Brighton;

- English defender Carl Tremarco on a free transfer from Macclesfield;

- English goalkeeper Nick Draper on a free transfer from Lincoln City;

- English goalkeeper Dean Brill on loan from Luton Town;

-Irish midfielder Adam Evans on a free transfer from Burnley;

- English midfielder Ben Greenhalgh on a free transfer from Maidstone United;

- North Ireland forward Curtis Allen on a free transfer from Coleraine;

- English forward Danny Williams from Kendal Town;

- English defender Harry Hooman on a free transfer from Cheltenham;

- English midfielder James Vincent on a free transfer from Kidderminster;

- Irish defender Joe Gorman on a free transfer from Crewe;

- English midfielder Marley Watkins on a free transfer from Hereford.

I'm not quite up to speed with all their transfer dealings, but I thought they brought in about 11 new players?

- Norwegian forward Torbjorn Agdestein on a free transfer from Brighton;

- English defender Carl Tremarco on a free transfer from Macclesfield;

- English goalkeeper Nick Draper on a free transfer from Lincoln City;

- English goalkeeper Dean Brill on loan from Luton Town;

-Irish midfielder Adam Evans on a free transfer from Burnley;

- English midfielder Ben Greenhalgh on a free transfer from Maidstone United;

- North Ireland forward Curtis Allen on a free transfer from Coleraine;

- English forward Danny Williams from Kendal Town;

- English defender Harry Hooman on a free transfer from Cheltenham;

- English midfielder James Vincent on a free transfer from Kidderminster;

- Irish defender Joe Gorman on a free transfer from Crewe;

- English midfielder Marley Watkins on a free transfer from Hereford.

They did bring in a lot of players but 9 of their starting 11 from their first two games of the season were at the club last season.

Think they have the same back 4, still have Foran's influence in midfield and Doran's creativity and they still have Billy McKay up front.

They've lost a few players, most noticeably Andrew Shinnie but they have pretty much the same core to the starting 11 as last season.

I'm sure their starting line up from last year has changed minimally compared to ours

12 Brill

02 Raven (Devine - 74' )

03 Shinnie

05 Warren

06 Meekings

04 Vincent

08 Draper

10 Doran (Polworth - 86' )

11 Ross

07 McKay

09 Foran

Only 3 of those signed playing last week, we had 5 new signings and 2 players in new roles

And when Esson is fit it'll be two signings starting for ICT

They have brought a lot players in but unlike us they have kept most of the side that finished last season. Maybe when they start to use some of the new signings we may see a dip in their form.

ICT are off to a flyer they haven't even conceded a goal. We looked like we were gonna concede 6 against Aberdeen and Faddy aint anywhere near fit, Caley 3 Motherwell 0. dry.gif

The forecast is for rain, there's no beer in the fridge, the Pringles are out of date.....