Motherwell Vs Ict... 17/08/13

Well 4 Europe

Said last week if we get tae mid October and were still playing poorly I will be concerned. Agree with Well 4 Europe that we could give a couple of youngsters a bit game time.

Reading between the lines of McCalls post match interview on MFC TV He said if players don't do their job they will be replaced, we cannot buy loads of players so the only option is some of the youth being promoted sharpish.

If/when that happens these boards will meltdown but when you think we are not getting results as is could it be any worse?

Anyway back onto the football..

I see McCall said in his post match interview that he still needs a pacey winger, not trying to be funny but surely there must be someone in the U'20's that's a pacey winger? Is that wee guy that went to Morecambe, Paul McCafferty not a fairly nippy right winger? Now I don't know if he'll make the step up but surely it would be better to give the young boy a chance for the last 15 mins than bring Fraser Kerr on at right wing like we did against Aberdeen last week?

Today for example we had three strikers on the bench; Anier, Moore and Erwin. Why? We were never going to use/need all three. Despite the fact he's been on the bench a few times Erwin's never even made an appearance yet and Moore's only played 10 mins in Russia. Again however we brought on a full back in ZFA to play a left wing role. Our wide men have created bugger all so far, surely one of the younger boys who's a natural winger couldn't do any worse or at the very least be a better attacking option off the bench than putting fucking full backs on the wing.

Also Craig Moore notched 7 goals in 12 games for Cowdenbeath last season yet despite our scoring problems he can barely get a sniff. I noticed he scored another double again for the U'20's in midweek. Now I know service hasn't been great so far but Sutton has started 4 games without scoring, McHugh has started two and came off the bench a few times and not really impressed, surely Moore must be due a bit of game time soon?

We may have a fairly thin squad with a few young laddies in it but why not give one or two the chance to impress? Surely got to be better than having square pegs in round holes. We have a fairly experienced starting 11, perhaps an injection of youth could add a spark to the team that's been badly missing, who knows. It might even give one or two the boot up the arse they look like they need.

Just a thought of mine having watched 4 or of our 5 games so far.

Think McCall had the 3 strikers on the bench basically because that was every fit 1st team squad member available.

Cummins and Murray were both injured and Stewart wasn't included.

McCafferty imho is a tidy player who will run all day but at the moment is a wee bit away from being able to fulfill the role needed by the 1st team.

Young Dom Thomas, who plays on the left side, looks, again imho, a better bet to step up as he carries far more threat going forward but physically and tactically has a bit of developing to do.

Persnally I think Moore will become more involved as the current strikes, Anier apart, don't look like scoring.

I think overall you are right suggesting using the youth more but i don't see SM doing it unless forced to.

Think McCall had the 3 strikers on the bench basically because that was every fit 1st team squad member available.

Cummins and Murray were both injured and Stewart wasn't included.

McCafferty imho is a tidy player who will run all day but at the moment is a wee bit away from being able to fulfill the role needed by the 1st team.

Young Dom Thomas, who plays on the left side, looks, again imho, a better bet to step up as he carries far more threat going forward but physically and tactically has a bit of developing to do.

Persnally I think Moore will become more involved as the current strikes, Anier apart, don't look like scoring.

I think overall you are right suggesting using the youth more but i don't see SM doing it unless forced to.

Surely he couldn't do any worse coming off the bench for the last 10-15 at right wing than Fraser Kerr?!? He might not be ready to start, you certainly watch a lot more of the U20's than I do and are far better placed to judge but he could at least offer us natural width and a bit of pace off the bench. He made the bench against Kuban when we obviously were short on numbers, I'm just surprised he hasn't been on the bench since considering our lack of options out wide.

I saw Dom Thomas in the Cowdenbeath friendly and was hugely impressed a he looked a very good talent, the only reason I didn't mention him was because as you mentioned he's left sided and at the minute we already have Faddy, Vigurs, ZFA etc. And what we really needed is someone to play wide on the right.

I hope you're right about Moore, would love to see him get a proper run out on Saturday.

Surely he couldn't do any worse coming off the bench for the last 10-15 at right wing than Fraser Kerr?!?

I agree with this point re Kerr playing wide right, but I feel that at that stage of the game an 'impact' player would be needed and I just feel Paul is a wee bit lacking in the kind of searing burst of pace and directness required.

He is quick but in a consistent way (I know that sounds a bit whacky) and can run all day but I just feel he's not physically strong enough for 1st team level at the moment.

I know this is a wee bit out of left field but I would give C. Moore a go wide right; he has the strength, tenacity and bit of pace needed and gives another goal threat.

It would also give the option of switching him to a more central role if need be.

As I say it's just my opinion and I could be way out with my views, maybe the winger on trial will be the answer ?

Watched it a few times and I am unconvinced. Vigurs makes it a hard decision for the referee because he seems to be collapsing before the defender slides in and I think that is what puts doubt in Brines' mind. On the flip side it is a tackle the defender does not need to make as Vigurs is having to take the wide line and he could easily have nipped it out which makes me think he clipped him. Actually having seen it several times I'm still unsure and as much as it annoys me on this occasion, if there is doubt the referee should not give a penalty and on this one I can understand why he chose not to give it.

Watched it a few times and I am unconvinced. Vigurs makes it a hard decision for the referee because he seems to be collapsing before the defender slides in and I think that is what puts doubt in Brines' mind. On the flip side it is a tackle the defender does not need to make as Vigurs is having to take the wide line and he could easily have nipped it out which makes me think he clipped him. Actually having seen it several times I'm still unsure and as much as it annoys me on this occasion, if there is doubt the referee should not give a penalty and on this one I can understand why he chose not to give it.

Stonewaller mate............defender no where near the ball.........hacks through Vigurs

Cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could have any doubts over that penalty decision. Complete stonewaller. Take a look at Keith's reaction. Never seen him as angry as that before. It tells you it was a shocking decision. Anyone trying to give Brines the benefit of the doubt there must be related to the guy or something.

Anyone having doubts about the penalty decision just take a look at the defenders reaction after the incident. He's just lying there saying oh fuk i just let them back in it. You can always tell from a defenders reaction if he's caught the player or not & if he didn't catch him he would be up calling him a diving b & not just lying there knowing he's made a howler.

First chance had to post since coming back from Inverness game, all i can say was a brilliant wee away day completely ruined with utter crap produced on the pitch once again, i dont think the Inverness GK hardly had a save to make, the defence were shocking and midfield were very poor, really missing player with pace out wide and up front well until they forward players start getting decent service then they wont have chances to take to see if they are any good. All in all we are in trouble unless we sign 2 new wide players with pace. Glad thats my last away trip for a while until i see an improvement as wont be wasting another penny watching that again!