Motherwell Vs Hibs 3/11/13

MelvinBragg

I think tomorrow will be dire.

Sunday morning kick off.

Two pissed off supports who will give this one a wide berth and watch on telly, if at all.

Two teams that have suffered hammerblows and have a severe lack of confidence.

And it will probably be freezing and pissing down.

Will still be there though.

Dont see anything wrong with well 4 europes post tbh. Pretty well balanced. Of course if you spend good money which could go elsewhere, you want a win. Preferably whilst being entertained but like you both say it doesnt always happen and thats football.

I was at aberdeen and watched st johnstone on alba, but if I went to the effort of going up to perth I would have been pissed off even more at both games.

What is on the park needs to be enough for people to want to come back, win lose or draw and thats the bottom line.

Poor reply.

You really didn't read Well 4 Europe's post very well. The boy has a point, we have performed poorly and had 3 shots on goal. £60 down he is entitled to his point rather than just a be shot down by someone resorting to name calling. Sad.

That's very true

I apologise

Like Well 4 Europe, I think we do need to see a reaction after Wednesday.

It's kind of a no win situation for the team on Sunday.

If we put in a performance people will say "why didn't you do that on Wednesday?" and if we don't well all the criticisms will be repeated and fortified.

Apologies if posted elsewhere but is this game on TV/sky/ whatever??

I'll be stuck at work and would be grateful if someone could post a link.

BT Sports 2

Usual links should be available nearer time, First Row Sports / wiziwig etc.

Motherwell: Nielsen, Hammell, Ramsden, Hutchinson, McManus, McFadden, Sutton, Lasley, Carswell, Anier, Ainsworth

Subs: Stewart, Lawson, Vigurs, McHugh, Francis-Angol, Kerr, Moore

Faddy starting, hopefully fully fit & not just a gamble by McCall after Wednesday's disappointment.

Like the look of that line up, hoping for a good performance & 3 points but still hurting after the last 2 games. A win today please so we can start to fade them out of memory!

Absolutely dreadfull. Probably the worst i've ever seen us playing that 2nd half and winning. Really lucky it was a crap Hibs team cos i believe EVERY other SPL team and most 1st div teams would've gubbed us today. Ainsworth and McFadden absolutely shite. We are really poor and unable to cross balls unable to pass and unable to control even simple passes . Garbage to watch. BUT IT'S 3 POINTS.

A win is a win and never to be sniffed at.

Missed today's game due to work but having spent £75 on petrol and entrances fees watching Motherwell in the last week, plus the lingering downer of Wednesdays keech I wasn't really that bothered about missing a game for once.

How was Faddy?

Turgid. The standard of the SPL is appalling, cant see that pulling the viewing.figures for bt sport! We all know the problems in the game and thats another story.

Did well to keep the lead and there was some excellent defending in there from the likes of kerr, hutchinson, mcmanus and carswell. Mcfadden was rotten. The win will do though

The main thing today was that we won and we did that. It wasn't a classic win, performance but I think it was really important to put midweek to bed and we've made a step toward that.

First half was as I expected it would be like. Two teams, lacking confidence, both looking fragile. Hibs probably started the better team but I felt it was mistakes by us rather than Hibs showing good play.

McManus took his goal well and afterwards we looked to show some of the confidence we'd been lacking before hand and created perhaps three good chances to finish the match as I didn't think Hibs would come back from 2-0 down.

The second half was poor, we seemed to just want to hang on to our lead, we created next to nothing and our wide players were very poor again.

We hung on, mostly down to poor finishing from Hibs.

Dire refereeing, I don't know what we've done to referees to deserve the standard of refereeing that we've seen at Fir Park. Sutton was literally fouled every time he went for a high ball today and the referee did nothing.

Will take the 3 points and hopefully we can move on from the disappointments of earlier this week but it wasn't pretty.

Two woeful teams that would go a long way to getting football stopped.

Heard McCall saying that the back 4 went into the game carrying knocks so we've done well to grind out 3 points. However, our standard of play and general fitness isn't up to scratch, regardless of budget.

Look forward to a half decent Dundee Utd coming to Fir Park next week.