Motherwell Vs Hibs 3/11/13

MelvinBragg

Absolutely dreadfull. Probably the worst i've ever seen us playing that 2nd half and winning. Really lucky it was a crap Hibs team cos i believe EVERY other SPL team and most 1st div teams would've gubbed us today. Ainsworth and McFadden absolutely shite. We are really poor and unable to cross balls unable to pass and unable to control even simple passes . Garbage to watch. BUT IT'S 3 POINTS.

Slightly harsh on the crossing front, Ainsworth did put a few good balls into dangerous areas in the first half (though admittedly not always somebody in those areas, so arguably still bad crosses) and one of them led to the corner that we scored from. The quality was certainly poorer in the second half, though.

Hard to argue with anything else either, I'm always amazed especially when we come up against European teams at just how inept we are in comparison at simply passing the ball to each other.

Absolutely dreadfull. Probably the worst i've ever seen us playing that 2nd half and winning. Really lucky it was a crap Hibs team cos i believe EVERY other SPL team and most 1st div teams would've gubbed us today. Ainsworth and McFadden absolutely shite. We are really poor and unable to cross balls unable to pass and unable to control even simple passes . Garbage to watch. BUT IT'S 3 POINTS.

Yet we're sitting joint 2nd.

Calm the fuck down.

Well, that was a bit grim, but I'll take that with the three points (and a clean sheet!) quite happily.

Very flat atmosphere, and the team looked quite fragile, but three points is always a decent quick fix for both of these.

Horrendous refereeing yet again. It's really beyond a joke these days.

Yet we're sitting joint 2nd.

Calm the fuck down.

THIS....22 points from 12 games and joint 2nd.

It was painful to watch at times and if we play the last half hour like that v Dundee United, we will be gubbed.

I thought Faddy played OK in the 1st half. Better than some of this seasons games. A few things he tried came off.

Our ability to retain the ball second half in their half was woeful. Ainsworth and An ier was like bloody pinball which set another Hibs attack.

Still 3 points and a clean sheet. Good Sunday evening.

It was painful to watch at times and if we play the last half hour like that v Dundee United, we will be gubbed.

To be honest, we'd have all said the same thing after seeing how Hibs performed against Celtic.

Most teams up their game against Celtic, so how United did yesterday will have no bearing on how they do against us. I think we'll take a point from them.

Pretty Rank game but its a good win and 3 points, years gone by we would be creaming ourselves with a win against Hibs.

We've been so spoiled over the past 10yrs, that when we have a few dodgy performances, its like an assault on everyone who hasn't given their peak performance!!

Yet again we've lost our best players at the start of the season (for the 5th year running) and we're sitting 2nd top after the first quarter. McCall, the club and the players deserve a fucking medal!!

Get Real, bunch of moany James Hunt's!!

• Like 2

Not pretty to watch, but not as bad as some of our performances this season. The most important thing today was the win so no real complaints.

We really are missing people who can drive forward from midfield with the ball and make things happen. Law and Ojamma could both do that. Now we are overly reliant on the ball over the top, and if the team we are playing against are half competant at defending then we are in bother.

I thought Faddy was shite and offered very little. He did try and get on the ball which is encouraging but he's slower than a week in the jail and on days like today when the silky skills are not paying off then he might as well be sitting on the bench. What he does bring to the team& i noticed it last season is a 'mouthy bastard who wants to ref the game himself'. This is actually refreshing for us to have someone the refs are scared of after years of Scott Brown and Steven Naismith doing it against us.

Ainsworth - dont want to say hes shite but he wasnt at it today.

Next weekend might be a problem if we are missing Hutch, Hammy and Ramsden.

Regardless of my moans, well chuffed with the 3points. Hard fought victory. Onwards and upwards mon the 'well!

Horrendous refereeing yet again. It's really beyond a joke these days.

Yes, thought he was pretty good until he booked Hutchinson for the perfect slide tackle and it was if he realised he made a boob and went on a last 30 minute crash course in pretending to be Stevie O'Reilly.

However, thought we really struggled at the start with Hutchinson being very poor in keeping the ball and Hibs, like they did in the game they won 4-0 last season really cleverly dragged him wide but today without the ability to kill us off.

Hibs should have been 2-0 up before we lost Ramsden but poor finishing kept us in it. It seemed as if Fraser Kerr coming on gave us a bit of belief because the rest of the 1st half was pretty good and Sutton and Carswell both were close and Lasley's long ranger didn't appear to be that far away either. I had a feeling Jimmy Nicholl might gee them up a bit so really wanted a 2nd but it wasn't to be.

Second half they had most of it without ever really looking like scoring until the hairy five minutes at the end. We should have tied it up with the ball Ainsworth should have played Anier in with but for some reason went high and heavy.

No complaints about the red card and I thought we did the defending bit of the game really well after that but on the few occasions we got rid of the ball we should have done better at retaining it rather than inviting wave after wave of attack. You'd think that after watching Aberdeen play the textbook game with ten men on Wednesday for 78 minutes, we'd remember how to do it for five minutes.

However, losing becomes a habit and having lost a couple any win was a big win and that's what that was. 21 points out of 21 against the teams in the bottom six. May not be pretty but we are a damn effective team and do seem to have a great ability of beating teams we are better than, problem comes when we play those at our level and are better than us.

Great win today...it should have been at least 3 by half time, Hibs are utter pish. 2nd half we sat too deep and let them come on to us, but in all honesty they never looked like scoring, Nielsen only had 1 save to make.

Hutchinson was poor, but his pro foul saved a goal and got us the win. Considering we ended the game with only 1 of the back 4 that started, it was a good 3 points.

Joint 2nd and only 5 off the top, we are doing ok

This is what I see when I read your post.

Mmmmmaaaawwwwwaaaaa waaaaaahhhh mmmmaaawwwwwww utrshyscjdghvxdgjjdfhkkvssyjvc

Gfvdghvjgddfhbvjkgdsshhrecjy

That's right - a load of utter bollocks.

• Like 6

Yes, thought he was pretty good until he booked Hutchinson for the perfect slide tackle and it was if he realised he made a boob and went on a last 30 minute crash course in pretending to be Stevie O'Reilly.

From the telly replays it looked like Hutch took at least as much of the man as the ball. If Gary McAllister thinks it was worth a booking, it probably was :P

I thought we played quite well today myself :lol:

Had our finishing been any good in the 1st half we would've been 3/4 up and the 2nd half would've been game over. I like Anier but he was poor today, really should've scored a couple. Thought Ainsworth was pretty decent, a few beasting balls into the box that Higgy would've made 8 or 9 grand from in goalscoring bonuses today alone.

Wasn't feeling the Carswell love in before today, but he was excellent I thought. Defensively won the ball loads and reminds me of Ramsey (Aaron, not Dougie) with his desire to get beyond the front two. Didn't think Hutch was all that bad myself and took 'one for the team' at the end, basically won us the 3pts coz the Hibs boy would've almost definitely scored.

A few great stops from Nielsen and McManus was just class throughout.

A good 3 points, sets us up for a tricky game next week. Half tempted to make the trip down for it!