Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

1386269613[/url]' post='400541']

Yeah, shame he said it was a very good surface pre-match.

Clearly hurting from Saturday but no suggestion of an apology. Stands by his original comments that a lack of quality against a well organised outfit cost us the game.

Sounds like Ramsden, Vigurs and Ainsworth will feature.

Frying pan and fire spring to mind. One bright spot from last weeks's debacle was his omission. Don't think I've been as disappointed in a signing as much as I am with this fella given the heralding of his arrival.

I don't think we will win or even get a point, but I hope we do for all those stay at home fans that cannae be arsed.

If I was to stop going to games on the back of bad Motherwell results - and yes admittedly Saturday almost tops the lot, then I would have stopped going 25+ years ago - around about the time I started to go to most home games.

I don't think we will win or even get a point, but I hope we do for all those stay at home fans that cannae be arsed.

If I was to stop going to games on the back of bad Motherwell results - and yes admittedly Saturday almost tops the lot, then I would have stopped going 25+ years ago - around about the time I started to go to most home games.

Not being funny if the players cant be arse to turn up then why should I and pay their wages to do so?

• Like 1

I get the anger and the bitterness. Looking back at the Albion goal, the players were jogging about. Anier stopped chasing back for the defence to take care. They never did. And when all is said and done Neilsen could have made a better effort at saving what turned out to be the goal..

They let us, themselves and the club down BIG time.

I don't go to as many away games as I used to. BUT I am a season ticket holder and will travel through tomorrow for the game from Edinburgh. Never crossed my mind not to. Fair enough if I was living in Aberdeen or coming from that far away and it is a night game. But living in and around Motherwell. I don't get it...

Each to their own.

• Like 3

When I was a season ticket holder (which was during some of the worst periods in our history), the sequence for events for me was typically:

- Watch a bad game on a Saturday afternoon

- Saturday evening, vow I'm never going back

- Sunday, revisit the horror in the Sunday papers

- Monday, get the last of the reports out my system in the dailies

- Tuesday, mostly over it

- Wednesday, can't wait for Saturday to come around

I understand why some people will stay away - especially these days with the cost involved. I never managed to get out of the "what if today's the day and I miss it" mentality.

• Like 3

I along with every other Well fan was hurt / angry / puzzled by the Albion defeat but when you think back to administration and then the absolute hell under that clueless bawbag Malpas and only staying up thanks to Dunfermline losing after we threw away a 2 goal lead against St Mirren to lose 3-2 now we have been on european tours been to a cup final etc and now we are in December sitting 3rd in the league after playing shite most of the season, things aren't so bad when you take a step back and look at it. Just need to look at the likes of Killie right now with a poor team, inexperienced manager, crackpot chairman and massive debts whilst looking like finishing 11th and getting a playoff against Dundee or Accies. Things aren't so bad for us when you take a look around. Bring on the Celtic game

• Like 1

Frying pan and fire spring to mind. One bright spot from last weeks's debacle was his omission. Don't think I've been as disappointed in a signing as much as I am with this fella given the heralding of his arrival.

don't fully agree with this big lad.

I agree on the fact that he has been a disappointment but I think last week and the Aberdeen home game he is exactly what we needed to break down a stubborn defence.

He is the only player in the midfield who has or even considers a forward pass or tries something different. Even in a few games he hasn't played well he has still been at the heart of our decent play.

The blame for his performances in my eyes and opinion lies with SMc as he cannot find a system to suit his ability. He's played him, central, left, left central and on the right. Never letting him settle then dropping him the following week.

His best performance was in preseason against Newcastle I think playing in behind the front two. Play him somewhere he can cause a problem !!! Same can be said bout Faddy.

I've said or a few weeks we need to consider going 3 at th back with 5 across the middle and I stand by this for tomorrow's game.

Ramsden Hutch McManus

Kerr. Lawson. Hammell

Lasley. Vigurs

Faddy or Moore

Sutton

This means we have an extra option in the middle for a forward pass and hopefully provide a bit of link up play. No pace other than Moore to buzz around and offer direct running. Lot of work for Kerr and Hammy but the don't have to hit he bye line as would give Vigurs and Las protection for going forward without having to wirk back.

This is similar to what Ross County played last year and got the best from the two players... We then have options with Carswell, Anier, Moore to freshen it up.

I see on a lot of the threads people blaming Faddy/ Vigurs/Lawson an awful lot, to me someone who has been very poor this year has been Lasley, no forward drive and constantly slowing play down. He has been caught out of position on a few occasions also. Against Dons in the cup his pass making decisions were awful.

1386280268[/url]' post='400564']

don't fully agree with this big lad.

I agree on the fact that he has been a disappointment but I think last week and the Aberdeen home game he is exactly what we needed to break down a stubborn defence.

He is the only player in the midfield who has or even considers a forward pass or tries something different. Even in a few games he hasn't played well he has still been at the heart of our decent play.

The blame for his performances in my eyes and opinion lies with SMc as he cannot find a system to suit his ability. He's played him, central, left, left central and on the right. Never letting him settle then dropping him the following week.

His best performance was in preseason against Newcastle I think playing in behind the front two. Play him somewhere he can cause a problem !!! Same can be said bout Faddy.

Sieb, Vigurs comes up against stubborn defences week on week and doesn't break them down so I'm not quite following your train of thought.

Yes, Stuart McCall needs to shoulder some blame for not playing to his strengths, but, can good players not adapt?

He's a player who arrived with better stats than he who joined The Rangers- 9 goals and 9 assists. Milk turns quicker, very one paced which is slow, awareness that rivals McHugh and an unwillingness to defend when required... base line attributes I'd have thought?

Could well have had his best performance in a training game against a Newcastle reserve side- was a fine finish to a good move as I recall. We were on the end of a shoeing when our opponents upped the ante though.

When I was a season ticket holder (which was during some of the worst periods in our history), the sequence for events for me was typically:

- Watch a bad game on a Saturday afternoon

- Saturday evening, vow I'm never going back

- Sunday, revisit the horror in the Sunday papers

- Monday, get the last of the reports out my system in the dailies

- Tuesday, mostly over it

- Wednesday, can't wait for Saturday to come around

I understand why some people will stay away - especially these days with the cost involved. I never managed to get out of the "what if today's the day and I miss it" mentality.

Those sequence of events also apply to the drinking

-Saturday night, mwi

-Sunday, deid, never again

-Monday, still dying

-Tuesday, feeling alright again

-Wednesday, ch-ch-ch-choking for it

• Like 1

Sieb, Vigurs comes up against stubborn defences week on week and doesn't break them down so I'm not quite following your train of thought.

Yes, Stuart McCall needs to shoulder some blame for not playing to his strengths, but, can good players not adapt?

He's a player who arrived with better stats than he who joined The Rangers- 9 goals and 9 assists. Milk turns quicker, very one paced which is slow, awareness that rivals McHugh and an unwillingness to defend when required... base line attributes I'd have thought?

Could well have had his best performance in a training game against a Newcastle reserve side- was a fine finish to a good move as I recall. We were on the end of a shoeing when our opponents upped the ante though.

I know that, my thoughts are more along the lines of against Dons and Rovers he would have more time on the ball and space to create chances, due to 10 men, lower league etc.

I think in a few games he has been our most creative player, not saying much for sure but I think your being very harsh. I get the impression he's a player who needs to be built around and not have the responsibility of defence as much as others..... Can we afford that... I think so as we are heavy based on defensive players and short of creativity.

His stats are totally different to what we are seeing that's for sure but in my opinion there's a Definate top player in there but it's just getting the best from him.

• Like 1

This thread has went from 'we're gonna get pumped' to 'optimistic, we might even get something' :lol: I think it will be somewhere inbetween or a-a since it's meant to be snowing heavily around 9.

Still undecided whether to go to this or sit inside in the warmth and watch it on the telly. If I had to estimate the crowd for this one I reckon it could be as low as 6000-6500 (pretty poor for a Celtic match)

Even for a shite meaningless game we still get more than that, they'll take about 5000 and i'd be surprised if there's less than 8000.

Doubt I'll be able to make this one (that could be a blessing though). I'm heading down from Inverness after work, was always going to be tight, but with the weather the A9 will be slow-going I'm sure.

I struggle to really see how we are going to hurt them. I keep hoping that Faddy will finally come up with the goods, but that is looking less likely with every passing week (and month!). Our defence really needs to be on top of their game as well. None of the standing off nonsense like when we played them at Parkhead.

This has got 3 (going on 6) nil written all over it. I'll go for 2-1 to the good guys however

I'll be there tonight, supporting the team and hoping for a reaction - the result doesnt majorly concern me - its the players attitudes I want to see different. I want to see McManus or Hutchy wipe out Stokes. I want to see Carsy, Las, Lawson whoever wipe out Brown.

I want to see that the players are hurting and I want to see that it means something to pull on the C&A jersey

"wiping these players out" some might say thats anti football, but its what we need to do. They are considerably better than us, but they need to know we are up for it and that we are going to give them nothing.

If we lose 5 nil, and I can see that theyve done their best - blown out their arses - then thats good enough for me

performance and attitude is everything tonight, although if we dont turn up and win 1 nil - i might be able to accept that!!!

The greatest fans in the universe will no doubt be ripping us a new arsehole

right from the start, but as unlikely as it may be, if we somehow get a decent

result against them, how good will be ramming it right up their hin'

end ......... as they slaughter their ginger messiah

I live in hope :yahoo:

MON RA DOSSERS

The news I heard from the club last week is that Celtic had almost sold out the South Stand and it was looking like they would have sections at both ends of the Main Stand

If that’s the case it looks like I will need to revise my 6500 figure to a more respectable 8500. Looks like we could be outnumbered more than I first thought.