Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

1385974519[/url]' post='400233']

Amazed that some people are predicting we will get beat something 1. Right now i'd bite your hand off for a shot on goal that their keeper has to actually save.

This. We'll be lucky to get a shot on target on Friday night, there's not a prayer that we're scoring. A humiliating and painful evening is in prospect because let's face it, if a 'decent' Dundee United side can turn us over 4-0 at Fir Park then how many are Celtic capable of taking off us?. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they hit double figures.

Dunno everything seems to point to a large away win at this one with us struggling against top 6 sides, Celtic freescoring and with the 4-0 mauling by Dundee United last time at fir park you do fear the worst

However with our backs against the wall I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to sneak a 1-0 win either

^^^trying hard as fuck to be positive^^^

• Like 1

Teams rarely win 7-0 two weeks in a row.

So I'll go for 6-0 to Celtic.

Nah, I've been watching football too long to fall into the 'we have no chance' category. Someone said earlier they would rather be playing Celtic coming off this defeat than someone else and I kind of agree.

We have as much chance of beating Celtic as normal, not much, but it is possible.

The big fear is if they score an early goal it could be quite a heavy defeat.

• Like 2

What a load of shite, seriously most people are predicting we'll get beat by 4 or 5? :blink:

We've not suddenly become a bunch of diddies and apart from Hearts and Ross Co Celtic haven't really pumped anybody.Not saying we'll get anything but i'd be very surprised if we lose heavily, 2-1 Celtic.

• Like 1

Thankfully I couldn't get to the game on Saturday, so as bad as I feel about the result, I'm probably cushioned a bit in not seeing the display 1st hand.

I'll be there on Friday in hope more than expectation, but it's the Well, so you just never know :ph34r:

MON RA DOSSERS

Avoiding this completely. First time in all my years supporting Motherwell that I have chose to miss a game. Cant bring myself to spend my hard earned going to watch that.

I've also never chosen to miss a home game that I could make and I've had a season ticket since the late 80s I reckon.

Usually go with my dad, but he can't make it seeing as how they changed it to a Friday night and he's got other plans. We've got season tickets and I was going to take along a mate who's neutral, but I really don't know if I can be bothered with it. Plus it's my birthday and a cold December night watching us try to contain Celtic isn't high on my birthday wishlist. Prospect of sitting in a warm pub with a pint and a couple of mates is far more appealing just now. And if we're getting pumped, I can just ignore the TV or go elsewhere.

After Saturday and this whole Friday night thing inconveniencing fans meaning some can't go, I really don't see why I should make the extra effort to go. Don't think I've ever bought a ticket for a gig and the date's been changed a month beforehand. Football shouldn't be any different as they're also in the entertainment business. Sure this time it's been done for TV, but it's happened before just for the sake of it.

:dash2:

What I'm looking for is a PERFORMANCE not even bothering about the result, so that the players can prove to the fans (and more importantly to themselves) that Saturday was nothing more than a blip and that we're not on an even slippier slope than we think.

If we see another lacklustre performance then I will be extremely worried.

• Like 1

I'm passing my season ticket to my brother in law. I'm not in the mood for the match. I've no idea what the teams attitude will be like, all the matches I've seen this season have shown a bizzare lack of character and class from some guys who are better than what we are currently saying.

There are around 5 starting berths in the team that I couldn't pick a player for because those who might normally fill them have been so indifferent either in attitude, effort, consistency or just plain basic ability.

Have to agree with santheman i just want a performance. 100% fully committed going for every 50/50 chasing every ball closing down at every opportunity and generally getting right in Celtics faces. They like to play out from the back so we need a big shift from Sutton chasing down the centre halfs and who ever plays on the wings pressing their full backs at every opportunity to try and force mistakes from them. If we do all that and still fall short then thats fair enough at least we gave it a good go and its a platform to build on.

• Like 1

I was brought up surrounded by mostly Celtic fans in my family and friends and when I heard this game was moved to a Friday night I was buzzing for the possibility of a glorious win under the floodlights followed by a party into the wee small hours.

As of right now.... couldn't give a fuck. Might not go. That's very worrying for me. Our Scottish Cup exit always puts me on a downer but this one completely takes the biscuit.

• Like 2

Yes I think sadly we're looking at a very low home support for this one, but who can blame any Well fan for staying away and not wanting to part company with time, effort and money to watch our sorry lot get their back doors caved in by Celtic? Add into the mix we've virtually nothing left to play for and we have a manager and squad which is both uninspiring and mediocre. The end of the season can't come quick enough to be honest.

Yes I think sadly we're looking at a very low home support for this one, but who can blame any Well fan for staying away and not wanting to part company with time, effort and money to watch our sorry lot get their back doors caved in by Celtic? Add into the mix we've virtually nothing left to play for and we have a manager and squad which is both uninspiring and mediocre. The end of the season can't come quick enough to be honest.

:doh: In the first week of December? Turn it up.

Could be, and probably will be wrong, but I've got a funny feeling about this one. Fancy a massive performance and a 1-1 draw or 2-1 win. Celtic's domination of Hearts, coupled with our gutless performance against Albion Rovers, and the general feeling of despair around the fans at the moment, just suggests to me that we might be in for a result.

Anything less than a full-on performance though, and I doubt it will be long before a large portion of the fans turn on the team.

I played this as a Game of the Week on FIFA 14 last night.

Lasley had a stinker - could barely find a man with his passing - and Faddy was non-existant. However, Vigurs scored a peach from 25 yards and 'Well ran out 1 - 0 winners.

So obviously I expect the actual match to be a repeat.

• Like 1

1386269225[/url]' post='400540']

I caught the last few minutes and he mentioned about the problems of playing on the plastic pitch (something about he didn't want to make excuses but was only stating facts about this kind of surface).

So why mention it then ? The team should be capable of beating them on a bloody donkey park ffs.