Ross County V Motherwell 14/12/13

Yabba's Turd

You would think playing Stewart made more sense because he'll be training with the players day in, day out & the defence will know him. So to play a total stranger makes no sense, and that's before we ask whether or not he's any good or has any game time.

I dont know how it works but i didnt think the youth team train with the big team? Could be wrong though

I've been stuck in work all day so the only thing i can go by is the BBC website match report, its basically said we were good in the first half but by the end of the game we were clinging on while County missed a number of chances. I obviously can't comment on performances but the result is massive ! It stops the rot and the gap between the top and bottom 6 is growing by the week which looks good for us. Seeing big Sutton back amongst the goals is great as well i just hope this can be the start of the turnaround. It will be a big ask to keep pace with the bigger squads and bigger budgets of Aberdeen and United but if we can get some momentum going and start picking up results against top 6 teams you never know what can happen.

Thank fuck for that!

Not a brilliant game today, but far from the terrible one I was expecting. We played decent in the first half, although County were atrocious. Touch of fortune about both our goals. Think Sutty's first took a bit of a deflection which wrong-footed Fraser in goals. The second one the keeper palmed Anier's shot straight to big John who was able to nod it into an almost empty net.

County improved a lot after the break. The big black boy, Luckasson, was a right handful for our defence after he came on, setting up their goal. We sat back a bit and invited them onto us. Defended fairly soundly, few last ditch tackles and clearances off the line. We created a lot on the break and had about as many chances as they did second half even with all their possession and pressure.

I wouldn't say we had any poor performers today, although Vigurs didn't exactly come back to haunt his old team. Ainsworth was brilliant down the right hand side. He beat his man just about every time. He still needs to work on his crossing but he'd be my Man of the Match. Sutton put in his usual shift and got his rewards. Anier looked a lot better, held the ball up well and could beat a man if need be. Faddy showed some class when he came on, skinning quite a few guys when were keeping the ball in the corner. Everyone else was sound.

The boy Twardzik (and he is just a wee boy) saved his shots well, but gave me the fear when crosses came in. I don't think he even thought about coming for a single one, never mind taking any.

McCall In

Really good win in difficult conditions at a ground where points are hard to come by.

After a truly awful couple of weeks a good result to get us back on track!!

Utd will finish 2nd as they are better than the rest, think we could fight for 3rd if we can get ourselves together.

The boy Twardzik (and he is just a wee boy) saved his shots well, but gave me the fear when crosses came in. I don't think he even thought about coming for a single one, never mind taking any.

Heard him punching out a few in the second half according to the MFC TV commentary -- not my favourite way to see keepers dealing with crosses, but presumably he must have come for them.