Partick Thistle V Motherwell 29/12/13

superwell87

I tend to agree that we should have enough to win, but it seemed like they were unlucky not to beat ICT so hopefully we don't take the victory for granted. Would be excellent to go into the New Year on the back of four wins on the bounce, especially with our rivals dropping points at the same time.

Its been a tough few weeks for us as a club with some truly honking performances, falling attendances and feelings of indifference or ill will towards the manager and some of the players.

However, it looks like we may have turned a corner, so time to get off those armchairs and rallye behind the team.

Its the anniversary of Phils passing as well, so the timing is perfect. Lets regroup and show what being a Well fan is really about.

COYW!

• Like 1

When i've seen Thistle this year they defiantly look a better side than the others in the bottom 6 in my opinion. All they miss is a goalscoring striker although Doolan does seem to be slowly finding his feet in the top league. That all being said i'm confident if we play to our best we'll be too much for them. I'll say 3-1 Well Sutton (2) and Anier.

If we were to get four wins on the trot it would be a sensational end to a month that started so badly for us. However I reckon we'll struggle here as Thistle are probably one of the better bottom six sides and we tend to struggle at Firhill. I can see them winning 2-0 here sadly.

1388155199[/url]' post='402117']

If we were to get four wins on the trot it would be a sensational end to a month that started so badly for us. However I reckon we'll struggle here as Thistle are probably one of the better bottom six sides and we tend to struggle at Firhill. I can see them winning 2-0 here sadly.

blink.gif We tend to struggle at Firhill? Deary me, history books require to be dusted down to see when we were last there!

Thistle as the home team will be expected to carry the game to us, leaving the gaps we can expose... Apply themselves as they have done recently and we can continue into the new year as best of the rest.

blink.gif We tend to struggle at Firhill? Deary me, history books require to be dusted down to see when we were last there!

We've lost our last three league matches there, scoring none and conceding six in the process. Granted, the last time we played them there was ten years ago this month and therefore doesn't have much bearing on Sundays game but the point that we tend to struggle at Firhill still stands. It's not an easy ground to get a result from and the home crowd tend to be noisy and right on top of the pitch and I can see that being a factor.

Had this game earmarked as a good day out since the fixtures were announced.

Thistle have missed a bucket load of chances in their last 2 games and I think that has been the story of their season so far.

Think this could prove to be tougher than some anticipate but hopefully our good form can continue in front of a large travelling support.

We've lost our last three league matches there, scoring none and conceding six in the process.

Hmmm. So applying that same logic, and given that we hadn't lost at Pittodrie in our previous 7 visits, I imagine you predicted at least a draw for us in the Boxing Day game?

We're getting nothing but pumped here. It'll be a long time before we beat this lot again I reckon.

5-1 to them.

Damn.

• Like 2

Yet by history no defeats in 5 years = automatic defeat :doh:

Anyway, 2-0 Motherwell.

We've lost our last three league matches there, scoring none and conceding six in the process. Granted, the last time we played them there was ten years ago this month and therefore doesn't have much bearing on Sundays game but the point that we tend to struggle at Firhill still stands. It's not an easy ground to get a result from and the home crowd tend to be noisy and right on top of the pitch and I can see that being a factor.

Ten years? Won't have much bearing? You're hilarious.

• Like 1

1388158276[/url]' post='402126']

Hmmm. So applying that same logic, and given that we hadn't lost at Pittodrie in our previous 7 visits, I imagine you predicted at least a draw for us in the Boxing Day game?

Damn.

There's no need to get hung up on a mere statement of fact for goodness sake. facepalm.gif Like I said in the next post, our last match there was ten years ago so doesn't have much bearing or effect on what's going to happen on Sunday. It will be a difficult game, that's the point I'm making, regardless of what our previous record there is. I think we'll struggle and won't be surprised if we lose, I might be right and I might be wrong but my balls aren't made of crystal so I'm only guessing...just like everyone else is. rolleyes.gif

I shall say no more on the subject until after the game now.

It is the Motherwell way to win when we least expect it and lose when we most expect to win.

My fear is that Thistle have been missing glaring chances for fun - their luck must turn at some point.

I still feel confident of getting at least a point hopefully 3, but I would be very surprised if this was anything other than a real battle and we must play as well as we did v St Mirren to get anything.

I will go 2-1 for the good guys.

One enforced change with Hutchy suspended, looks like big Mick could be back so that'll be fine. One more change for me, no need for an overly defensive set up so Vigurs in for Lawson. Don't expect it to be easy, and with Thistle still awaiting their first home win there's cause for concern. They don't score many goals so one would be enough for a draw. However I'll go for a 2-0 victory.