Motherwell Vs Inverness Ct 4/1/14

Tassinari

All the money used on drainage over the years has been money well spent then.

Have to agree with that..i bet we will be the only game off today, the rain is not that heavy and no doubt if the game had been scheduled for a sensible time then it would be on.

Now it will be rearranged for a midweek date, less crowd, less revenue etc.

Given the money that has been spent on that pitch, it should be able to handle some heavy rain ffs, every other top flight ground seems to cope.

This gives the other teams around us a chance to make up some ground, points on the board are always better than games in hand. We have pitch covers why were they not used.

Have to agree with that..i bet we will be the only game off today, the rain is not that heavy and no doubt if the game had been scheduled for a sensible time then it would be on.

Given the money that has been spent on that pitch, it should be able to handle some heavy rain ffs, every other top flight ground seems to cope.

This gives the other teams around us a chance to make up some ground, points on the board are always better than games in hand. We have pitch covers why were they not used.

Like at Firhill and Paisley who have both had games abandoned this season because of waterlogging?

And take a look at the fixture list for Scotland and see just how many games are actually scheduled to be played today. We might well be the only game off, but there are only something like half a dozen scheduled in the first place,

The west coast has taken the brunt of the bad weather but as it stands the Dumbarton game is going ahead. Your right spider were the only team in the land that has postponed. Most junior games through here in West lothian are going ahead as well.

Like at Firhill and Paisley who have both had games abandoned this season because of waterlogging?

And take a look at the fixture list for Scotland and see just how many games are actually scheduled to be played today. We might well be the only game off, but there are only something like half a dozen scheduled in the first place,

Yes games will be called off under extreme conditions, but a bad as this rain is it is hardly monsoon material. The club has spent a fortune on the pitch and the 1st prolonged spell of shit weather and the pitch is unplayable!!! If it cant cope witb this have the old issues been fixed and if not why not ?

• Like 1

1388837373[/url]' post='402821']

Yes games will be called off under extreme conditions, but a bad as this rain is it is hardly monsoon material. The club has spent a fortune on the pitch and the 1st prolonged spell of shit weather and the pitch is unplayable!!! If it cant cope witb this have the old issues been fixed and if not why not ?

facepalm.gif Extreme? So 6 times the average rainfall isn't in the extreme? YOUR contradiction lost on you? Doesn't have to be monsoon material...

Hasnt stopped hammering down fir nearly a week, how extreme do you fuckin want.

Never ceases to amaze me what folk on here will moan about, the park is waterlogged, mccalls fault if you ask me.

Hasnt stopped hammering down fir nearly a week, how extreme do you fuckin want.

Never ceases to amaze me what folk on here will moan about, the park is waterlogged, mccalls fault if you ask me.

This is Scotland thats all it does is feckin rain..the point i am making is that only a handful of games scheduled for today at all levels will be called off, and very few if any of those will be top flight games. As for it raining for a week, the pitch looked fine on Wednesday, so 2 days of rain and its now unplayable how can that be acceptable.

This is Scotland thats all it does is feckin rain..the point i am making is that only a handful of games scheduled for today at all levels will be called off, and very few if any of those will be top flight games. As for it raining for a week, the pitch looked fine on Wednesday, so 2 days of rain and its now unplayable how can that be acceptable.

The pitch may have looked fine on Wednesday but it most certainly did not in the days leading up to it, where it was commented upon by club employees either via official or personal social media accounts (I can't remember which exactly) that the pitch at that stage was unplayable.

It has also been remarked upon that floodlights have been spotted on at "odd" times this week so clearly there has been considerable efforts made to get to both the St Johnstone and Inverness games on, a fact that the referee who conducted the pitch inspection made a point of stating when interviewed on SSN this morning.

Sometimes circumstances just go against you, no matter what preventions you take or efforts you make. Blame doesn't have to be apportioned every time.

• Like 3

Because it is, stop filtering out the actual facts and get over it.

consistent rain, saturates and raises level of groundwater, only needs four or five hours clear to allow enough capacity to host a game, like the other day,

that couldn't be guaranteed today after, forecast clear spell didn't happen.

scheduled for TV and long distance for travelling fans, would nudge towards early decision

Club will be the most upset, they are the business that losing money

forecast unlikely to clear up = gamble that even more money would be lost

PS other games in area also being called off, must be you wringing your knickers out.

Proposal move Fir Park to Dumbarton rock or Inverness, so water can drain straight to coast, no wait that could backfire as it does there as

• Like 1

The pitch may have looked fine on Wednesday but it most certainly did not in the days leading up to it, where it was commented upon by club employees either via official or personal social media accounts (I can't remember which exactly) that the pitch at that stage was unplayable.

I tweeted Motherwell and the Saints game was in danger, however, a dry night saved it. If the game had been on the Tuesday it would have been called off.

It has also been remarked upon that floodlights have been spotted on at "odd" times this week so clearly there has been considerable efforts made to get to both the St Johnstone and Inverness games on, a fact that the referee who conducted the pitch inspection made a point of stating when interviewed on SSN this morning.

Sometimes circumstances just go against you, no might what preventions you take or efforts you make. Blame doesn't have to be apportioned every time.

I am not trying to apportion blame i am sure the groundstaff did the best they could to get the game but as you say sometimes it makes no difference. The main point however is valid ie did the pitch works a sort out the drainage issues as Fir park still seems to get more Call offs than other grounds. Time will tell but if they are having to work hard to get games on then there may still be a problem

I've been away for a few days to Argyll so missed the St. Johnstone game and was looking forward to this. Planned to drive back late morning, drop the family at home in Glasgow and continue on to Motherwell. Then I found out it was a lunchtime kick-off so we all had to get up early.

Struggled to get the wife and kids up, 2 hour drive home, ran into the house to get scarf and season ticket while my wife emptied the boot - then I got a text telling me the game was off.It's fair to say I'm not very popular!

It didn't cross my mind the game could be off but it's no great surprise considering it was chucking it down while I was away and the main road was closed because of flooding.

I am not trying to apportion blame i am sure the groundstaff did the best they could to get the game but as you say sometimes it makes no difference. The main point however is valid ie did the pitch works a sort out the drainage issues as Fir park still seems to get more Call offs than other grounds. Time will tell but if they are having to work hard to get games on then there may still be a problem

What are the figures for call offs in the last 2 seasons compared to the rest of the league? I don't remember many since our last round of pitch updates.

I'd be interested to the pitch at 3pm today because playing ICT at lunchtime meant no chances would be taken by the officials.

Regardless, we won't be the only game off today.

I'm glad the games off.

Playing on that today would have ruined the pitch for the foreseeable future.

Charlton played a televised game on a saturated pitch a good few weeks back - their pitch is completely fucked an I'm sure I read their game being off in the last couple of days.