Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle 15/02/14

shanemfc7

Dosser30 i was under heavy pressure thanks to the night befores escapades ! I left a good friend of mine to go down to the game himself but even he understood i was a cabbage due to my stupidity of drinking enough tennents to float a battleship ! Whilst i was in said Wishaw pub i had just walked out the toilets when Sutton scored and i was standing pished saying "we can win this Motherwell" !! And we fucking did :) Happy days troops !!

I don't mind pantomime villains at all but when a player puts in a tackle as bad as he did today I draw the line at that.

From the East Stand it wasn't that clear whether he was off the floor, whether he played the ball or the man or whatever but since no Motherwell player or anyone in the dugout it was right in front of seemed to complain we just assumed it was one of these things that happen in football and he was free of blame.

A great win, best game at Fir Park this season by a country mile.

I agree with an earlier post about ZFA not being a left back. I pointed out to my Dad during the match that we had Mick, Hutch and Hammell all in a line along the defense and ZFA was further up the park than the entire midfield! He doesn't know where to stand at times and leaves us open at the back, he's excellent around the opposition penalty area but a liability near his own.

From the East Stand it wasn't that clear whether he was off the floor, whether he played the ball or the man or whatever but since no Motherwell player or anyone in the dugout it was right in front of seemed to complain we just assumed it was one of these things that happen in football and he was free of blame.

I sit behind the dugouts and was right in front of it. It was a full blooded tackle but Higginbotham got a full foot on the ball. Las looked like he caught his studs in the turf at the same time and twisted his knee rather than Higginbotham actually catching him.

Hammell was giving him spme afters but nobody else seemed to bother much.

Great game of football that had everything in it. Aye, some poor defending but the will to win from Motherwell was top drawer. Took great pleasure in telling the complete fuds that sit behind us in the Cooper to sit down & shut their f*ckin' mouths when we got the winner. They spent the full game (& every other game this season) mumping & moaning that "only one team gonnae win this & it ain't Motherwell". Sad that you end up celebrating a GIRUY moment at your own fuckwit "fans" rather than for your team.

Magic entertainment & once again the manager & team deserve a massive pat on the back for digging that out.

Superb stuff.

The comment of the day for me in the Cooper was when Gunnar made a cock of his punch....

"For fuck sake Neilsen use yer hands " :help:

HA! HA! - reckon that was me - sounded reasonable in the heat of the moment - of course being the pedant you knew exactly what was meant - use both and CATCH THE F.....G thing. Ha Ha. He wasn't even under any pressure.

God don't tell me I shouted it wrongly as well - oh no that's just your bad spelling. laugh1.gif

Spoke to Lasley at his race night after the game, he had no complaints about the challenge. Reckoned it was a strong challenge but it was more down to his studs getting caught in the turf.

Kallum Higginbotham certainly seemed to noise up a few of the players though, splits opinion I think it's fair to say!

Kallum Higginbotham certainly seemed to noise up a few of the players though, splits opinion I think it's fair to say!

I thought his response to the penalty, going up to Gunnar and rubbing it in was a bit classless, as was his going over to the East stand to celebrate both goals. I'm not precious about players giving it out a bit, but I didn't really think any of it was merited. The boy obviously feels he was hard done by last season and felt he had a point to prove.

Way to take responsibility for yourself, Kallum with a K. blum3.gif

First chance I've had to post since the game but have to say I find the Higginbotham chat a bit ridiculous. The guy was a bit part player on loan with us for 6 months who did nothing particularly wrong, actually had a couple of decent games and scored one of the goals of the season yet he has been given abuse from 'Well fans in every game he's played against us.

Whilst I don't particularly care about him getting abuse (even if I personally feel it's unwarranted), I do find it ridiculous that the same guys in the stand dishing it out get all upset when he has a good game and celebrates in front of them. He was hardly out of order and in his position I'd definitely have done the exact same... it all adds to the atmosphere / banter at the football yet some people still seem to be raging about it after the game!

As for the game... not exactly a great performance but dug out a fine win from an entertaining match so have to be happy with that!