Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

As for the stewarding....why was the whole south stand opened up for 22 fans..........surely they should have been in the main stand

the same at the Fulham game.........why open 3 stands for a pre season friendly.......open the main and the Cooper or East.......if money is as tight we seem to be throwing a lot down the drain for unnecessary stewarding :angry:

to prevent a UEFA sanction

its rules, do you really think the club would do it, for any other reason?

a club that chooses not to open it for any other low crowd event.

we have a stadium registered as a certain category and as such have to comply , with rules that others do not have to, like tractor seats, sitting empty

What do the Old Firm do ? I m sure they let away fans into the same stands..........Liverpool/Spurs as well..... never seen a whole stand dedicated to the away support...........or do they just pick on diddy teams ......any way it still does not make sense for the Fulham game

provide the required segregation.

we have been stopped from using the tractor seats, which rules out the POD, the only other options would be losing large sections (probably two full sections) of East or Cooper. unlikely to encouraged by our forgiving fans.

the fulham game, was PATG, Id guess the South was used , with respect to potential of visiting support

1406069735[/url]' post='416904']

As for the stewarding....why was the whole south stand opened up for 22 fans..........surely they should have been in the main stand

The South Stand was ready to accommodate Well fans should the East/Cooper stand sell out. It was nothing to do with away fans having to be in a separate stand.

I still find the tractor seat issue a strange one as that's what was provided at Levante.

As far as UEFA is concerned each country has its own standards (and they are all different). A club has to comply with its country's standards. Make sense of that if you can. The club has challenged this in the past.

From Evening Times

Hopefully we make it a very disappointing evening for them!

Well tie gets star billing by Stjarnan

MOTHERWELL's Icelandic rivals Stjarnan have billed tomorrow's crucial second leg as the biggest match in the club's history.

The two teams met at Fir Park last week in a tense and frustrating Europa League second round qualifier first leg which ended 2-2 in dramatic fashion.

An early two-goal lead for Stuart McCall's men was eventually broken down by their plucky visitors, who had just 22 fans inside Fir Park to witness their side score a penalty either side of half-time to gain the upper hand in the tie.The two teams met at Fir Park last week in a tense and frustrating Europa League second round qualifier first leg which ended 2-2 in dramatic fashion.

Motherwell are expected to fly out this morning to Iceland, and are well aware of the wave of confidence Stjarnan are currently riding high on.

The European debutants, nicknamed the Star, have now scored 10 goals in their three games so far.

And after a 3-1 win over Fylkir on Sunday, they now sit top of the Urvalsdeild league table, with Celtic's Champions League opponents KR Reykjavik languishing seven points behind in fourth.

Stjarnan bosses have urged their fans to pack out the 1000-capacity Samsung Vollurinn Stadium tomorrow for the landmark moment in their club's 54-year history.

A club statement read: "It was a great experience for Stjarnan to play at Fir Park.

"Motherwell started the first game with power. Our men worked hard and bore great respect for the Scottish.

"The home team came immediately into a 2-0 lead and the layout was not good. But, of course, the team came back as soon as the respect for the Scottish subsided.

"Any real Stjorunmenn need to attend the stadium and encourage our people forward.

"Make sure you target the biggest game in the history of the Star."

A date in the third qualifying round awaits the winner, with either Nomme Kalju of Estonia or Lech Poznan of Poland waiting for them.

The Estonians are currently 1-0 ahead after the first leg in Tallinn.

Perhaps it's a sign of the importance of the game but I've got that nervy/excited feeling when I think about the game already - and I'm stuck in the shire!

They obviously have the advantage in several respects with the away goals, the artificial surface, the match sharpness they have and they'll have the majority of the crowd behind them but there are still areas where we can capitalise on.

It's only their second European fixture so do they how to see it out? Two-nil at Fir Park and looking like they are going to get a hiding, they've little to lose. If we get a goal what's their mentality like then?

Will they be cool enough to handle that or will they shit it and go hell for leather for an equaliser which could leave gaps for us to exploit.

They are talking about it being the biggest game in their history. That surely brings it's own pressure when your club officials are saying things like that.

It's something new for their support to handle as well. Will the level of expectation create tension for their players.

We've shat in the nest on plenty of times, not least a week back, but in our team there should be bags of experience and know how from the likes of Hammell, Sutton, Lasley and McManus to be able to cope mentality with the situation we find ourselves in and get the job done.

2-1 Motherwell on the night.

Perhaps it's a sign of the importance of the game but I've got that nervy/excited feeling when I think about the game already - and I'm stuck in the shire!

They obviously have the advantage in several respects with the away goals, the artificial surface, the match sharpness they have and they'll have the majority of the crowd behind them but there are still areas where we can capitalise on.

It's only their second European fixture so do they how to see it out? Two-nil at Fir Park and looking like they are going to get a hiding, they've little to lose. If we get a goal what's their mentality like then?

Will they be cool enough to handle that or will they shit it and go hell for leather for an equaliser which could leave gaps for us to exploit.

They are talking about it being the biggest game in their history. That surely brings it's own pressure when your club officials are saying things like that.

It's something new for their support to handle as well. Will the level of expectation create tension for their players.

We've shat in the nest on plenty of times, not least a week back, but in our team there should be bags of experience and know how from the likes of Hammell, Sutton, Lasley and McManus to be able to cope mentality with the situation we find ourselves in and get the job done.

2-1 Motherwell on the night.

:)

:ok:

Hopefully we don't leave it as late as pittodrie!

Don't want to jinx it but Motherwell 9/5 with the bookies...

Christ! That's got to be worth £20?!

Got a rule that I never bet on Motherwell but that might have to change for 1 night. Saying that, you don't often see a poor bookie....

That's the kind of odds I'd expect to see. As others have said we're playing against a team top of their league who can't stop scoring, playing away from home on an artificial surface and we have a relatively poor European record. So 6/4 doesn't seem that outrageous and we could very easily go out tomorrow night. Personally I think this could be our last European game for a while but by fuck I really hope I'm fucking wrong.

That's the kind of odds I'd expect to see. As others have said we're playing against a team top of their league who can't stop scoring, playing away from home on an artificial surface and we have a relatively poor European record. So 6/4 doesn't seem that outrageous and we could very easily go out tomorrow night. Personally I think this could be our last European game for a while but by fuck I really hope I'm fucking wrong.

We are building this team up to be something they are not (they are really not that good). If we can’t beat a semi pro side to go into the next round I would be happy for it to be our last ever European game. We are the better team, so no fucking about Motherwell just go out and beat this mob.

Mon the Well!

We don't have a relatively poor European record. We have exactly the European record we're meant to, but carry on with the doom.

We are building this team up to be something they are not (they are really not that good). If we can't beat a semi pro side to go into the next round I would be happy for it to be our last ever European game. We are the better team, so no fucking about Motherwell just go out and beat this mob.

Mon the Well!

Right on, tricky tonight but they were rank rotten and would easily be relegated in our league. They hardly pressed the ball at all and were incapable of retaining possession. Two players through the spine of their team were straight fat.