• James McFadden
    • Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Craig Moore
    • Zaine Francis-Angol
    • Null Vote

I'm going for Vigurs. He's got a lovely touch, weights his passes beautifully and I thought he was always looking for the ball today. Despite looking tired he was still bursting a gut to make runs at the end and he displayed the best bit of running down the clock I've seen in a long time.

Vigurs. Country mile.

Mentions to Carswell and Sutton (not for his goal, but for his link up play with both McFadden and Moore). Thought Hutchinson did some excellent things but also had a few howler moments. His usual performance, no bad thing, but for me nowhere near MOTM...

The waste of a jersey is turning into our top man.

Head and shoulders above everybody today.

Not an SPL player apparently

Are you just trying to antagonise folk who dont rate him into spamming the board with their equally tedious brand of shite the next time he doesnt have a good game ?

• Like 1

Are you just trying to antagonise folk who dont rate him into spamming the board with their equally tedious brand of shite the next time he doesnt have a good game ?

No.

I'm just making the point that some folk were overly critical early days and never gave the boy a chance.

I like showing these odious cunts up

Simple as that - not really looking for a response.

• Like 2

I've talked up Vigurs ever since we were interested in signing him, always thought he was quality player whenever I'd seen County last season and had no doubt he'd be a great signing for us. Glad to see the doubters are finally coming round. He has next to no pace but he doesn't really need it. His touch, vision and technique are all top drawer and he always capable of finding and/or creating space for himself. Always willing to take the ball and try and make something happen. Even his work rate, which was usually used as a stick to beat him with, has improved in recent times and he's starting to be an integral part of the team.

Vigurs was signed during a major summer overhaul and because things didn't just click instantly for him or the team he came in for a hard time. It was obvious from the start his laid back approach would see him singled out for abuse in much the same way Higdon was, slow, shite and lazy etc. Same pish, different player. No surprise that as the new team has gelled together that Vigurs has settled and started to show his qualities on a consistent basis.

Anyway he was outstanding today and my man of the match.

• Like 1

Glad you cleared that up , it makes the site a much more enjoyable read.

I know

It is indeed much more enjoyable that the prophets of doom are brought to book

I am pleased with your endorsement.

The folk that constantly write off players do my tits in too and I agree that they get too much of a say on here

• Like 1

Vigurs was a class act again today. Things have been working for him recently and its great to watch.

Reid is beginning to win me over too, his first touch let's him down at times but he's pretty fast, fit and solid tackler. A pre season with the team could do him good as well.

Glad I didn't read who everyone else had voted for before sticking Vigurs down as MOTM. Thought he stood out a mile. Great distribution, vision & an eye for goal. Clever player, that if he had a wee bit more pace would be top class. Thoroughly enjoyed his contribution recently.

For me today it was:

1. Vigurs - never wasted a ball, good shooting and crossing and very aware. Great timewasting at the end and seemed right up for it.

2. Carswell - best I've seen him for a while, great running created the first goal.

3. Reid - great reading of the game and his positional sense is superb. Doesn't make many mistakes, I think the capture of him could be the difference between Europe and not. Rate him highly from what I've seen.

Went for Carswell on the basis that I know he won't win it but feel he doesn't get enough votes when he puts in a shift like that. The only time I remember him giving away the ball away today was in the final minutes when he chased it down to the corner and held into it with zero support from his team-mates. Summed up his energy and endeavour for me. Would be putting a four year contract under his nose now if I was McCall.

Thought big Mick was outstanding first half. Solid at back and some great distribution.

Reid stood out for me all game (dont know if thats just because of his blonde hair and running style) but he looks a really solid right back who knows his job and sticks to it. No real mistakes that I could see and his workrate and attitude are spot on.

Faddy and Sutton were good and look a real partnership now.

However, MOTM has to be Vigurs for pure creativity, touch vision and gallusness (is that a word?). Glad to see him starting to fulfil his potential and become the player many of us thought we had signed.