2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Am I right in saying anyone released from their contract after the deadline shuts won't be able to sign for a new club until the summer, hence all the releases happening before the deadline shuts? If that's the case we won't be releasing anyone, and it'll be loans out.

No, I think when you are a free agent you can sign for a new club at any time. Players are being released from their contracts typically to free up space to bring in new players during the window.

Think Ainsworth's goose is well and truly cooked given that IB favours playing with a pair of wing backs that are willing to track back as well as attack. I would imagine that the players that all the players he has brought in will have at least have the attitude and work rate he demands.

When all bedded in and fit a could see us going 3-5-2 along the following lines.

Long

Laing/Ramsden McManus Straker/Hammell

N Thomas Grant Lasley Pearson Johnson

Erwin/Moore Sutton

Bench - Twardzic, Laing/Ramsden, Straker/Hammell, Erwin/Moore, D Thomas

Think that the upgrade in midfield will massively relive the pressure on the defence and also allow the strikers to spend more time in the opponent's penalty area rather than getting deeper and deeper seeking the ball. Would have liked the commanding Centre Back that was talked about in case McManus doesn't get his act back together again but maybe that's being greedy. Bottom line is that, if the newbies are up to scratch, we at last have a decent squad to pick from.

Hopefully IB can fairly quickly get his first choice team fit and working together. The early cup exit may actually work in his favour as it gives the players more time to get to know each other before the fight to move up the league begins.

He's certainly putting his own stamp on the team in double quick time. Pleasantly surprised to see so much activity during the window as I was only expecting 2, or maybe 3, new faces at most.

Hopefully it's enough to drag us up the table into safety - although it's still a big task.

Should certainly inject some new energy into the squad.

If you are signed to a club now you can't join another club until July.

Is that just in Scotland, or are there other weird local FA rules like the loan rules in England and differences between Premiership and Championship clubs etc.?

One thing that is clear from this transfer window is that we have identified the problems and taken steps to address them, rather than hoping the same squad can get us out of this mess. We can also be sure that with the increased numbers bara shouldn't have to settle for the only player available at most positions, and as such we'll pretty much be seeing his team from now on in, whether that is all the new guys or not.

At Obertraun, no less.

As for the striker chat, I can still see this happening, but wouldn't be too upset if it didn't. Sutton will score goals if he's given service, and hopefully the players brought in over the window will be a bit more accommodating on that front. The continued development of Moore and Erwin will also be of help - I'm actually feeling quite confident now for the rest of the season!

Possibly a good thing we dont have a game at the weekend. Should give the team a lot of time to get used to each other.

Wish the away game would be a bit closer, as a fact it couldnt be any further away.... Would have loved to go and support the team, but Dingwall is a bit too far for me.

Trying to work out if I can justify the journey up would love to see the game could be the start of the revival. Also Ross County will not have a clue what team they are going to face so should be a major benefit.

Is that just in Scotland, or are there other weird local FA rules like the loan rules in England and differences between Premiership and Championship clubs etc.?

Only lower league clubs can take loan players outside the window in Scotland although we can apply for an emergency loan as happened with wee Dan.

Clubs are allowed a max of 4 loan players - cross border loans don't count as loans - and can take max 2 players per parent clubs from clubs outside their division but only one from a club in the same division.

I couldn't stay up to the death and been at work this morning and limited opportunity to check up on all the latest moves. To summarise from what I can gather we have brought in

Thomas - Winger/Midfield

Johnson - Winger

Grant - Midfield

Long - Keeper

Pearson - Midfield

Laing - Central Defender

Straker - Fullback/Winger

Certainly suggests Vigurs and Ainsworth will do well to get game time. With Thomas, Johnson and Pearson not being on loan the other 4 loans deals. Again from what I can gather Grant, Long and Laing look to have futures at their clubs if they kick on and likely to be short term for us. Which is no big deal, staying up is first and foremost right now.

Some hard work in training getting this team to gel but lets face it we need bodies to cover injuries and knock any complacency over starting spot out of anyone in the squad.

Fuck trying to pick a starting XI right now but unless Pearson and Lasley are back fit the two midfield guys would seem nailed onto start given how horrendous we've been getting by using right backs in there.

I saw on twitter somewhere that Marvin Johnson is two and a half years and Nathan Thomas is 6 months with the club having the option of another year.

If we've paid £50,000 for Johnson you'd have to expect it to be a longish deal, so that sounds about right.

If we've paid £50,000 for Johnson you'd have to expect it to be a longish deal, so that sounds about right.

I'll see if I can find the tweet to confirm. It was definitely from a journalist though.

I still can't quite believe we paid money for someone. When was the last time we did that?! Bringing Stevie Hammell back from Southend?

I'll see if I can find the tweet to confirm. It was definitely from a journalist though.

I still can't quite believe we paid money for someone. When was the last time we did that?! Bringing Stevie Hammell back from Southend?

I was thinking that; £100k (ish) if memory serves?

Before that it was Hughes in the summer window, about £50k from Leicester, I thnik.

Since then, not a penny, unless we've had to pay development fees - I don't recall any, though?