Ict V Motherwell Fc 01/04/14

Welldaft Mk1

Tough game in prospect. If they win they will only be 2 points behind United which is incentive enough.

Yesterday was coming from the last few games. Still think a draw was fair, but we have struggled to defend from midfield and Angol and Ainsworth if they are not attacking offer little cover to the full backs.

Hope Faddy is fit as he gives other teams something to think about and we are a better team with him in the side. I felt against Ross County the game turned when he was subbed. A bit like the Hibs game away.

With United playing Celtic this weekend it is another opportunity over the next 2 games to give us a bit of a better margin come the split. Knowing our luck they will beat Celtic, but if not a couple of wins would see us with a nine point margin. After yesterday I cannot see us winning both games, hopefully we won't lose the two games. I think 2 drawsor a win and a draw will be the likely outcome.

Now is the time for the boys to stand up and be counted. If Ainsworth is not fit don't play him - if both Angol and Ainsworth are playing they NEED to be told to give 100%

These next two games could well define our season, so no lack lustre St Johnston type performance please....

Now is the time for the boys to stand up and be counted. If Ainsworth is not fit don't play him - if both Angol and Ainsworth are playing they NEED to be told to give 100%

These next two games could well define our season, so no lack lustre St Johnston type performance please....

Agreed Iain. Should we wish to play someone else wide right midfield then Fraser Kerr is now fit. Not his best position but he's very fast and good in the air.

If Kerr plays right wing again then I'm sending my season ticket back.

You would send your season ticket back over a team selection that you didn't agree with?

Should Stuart McCall decide to play someone other than Ainsworth at wide right midfield who would you choose?

I'm afraid to say that Fraser Kerr is even more murder at right midfield than he is at right back. After his pitiful display against the mighty Albion Rovers (one of the worst I have seen in over 25 years of watching the Well) it is clear to me that he is miles away from top flight quality and is basically a waste of a wage.

You would send your season ticket back over a team selection that you didn't agree with?

Should Stuart McCall decide to play someone other than Ainsworth at wide right midfield who would you choose?

I'd move Vigurs to the right and Angol to the left, far from ideal but preferable to Kerr. For what it's worth I'm not going to send my season ticket back, but I might be mildly disgruntled.

Kerr is one of these guys who could be invaluable to us because he can be distinctly average in a number of different positions and when you are on a small budget that is useful. However, if he has become first choice anywhere, we have a problem.

• Like 1

I'd move Vigurs to the right and Angol to the left, far from ideal but preferable to Kerr. For what it's worth I'm not going to send my season ticket back, but I might be mildly disgruntled.

Didnt really work on Saturday when he did it and hasnt before either with Vigurs out there. Vigurs needs to stay on the left as thats where he is most effective. If we go 442 I would stick Anier or Moore there and see how they do if . For what its worth I do like Kerr and he can be ok moving forward right mid is not his position.

I would go with 4-2-3-1...

Gunnar

Reid-Hutch-Mick-Hammell

Lasley-Leitch

Anier-Moore-Vigurs

Sutton

If Faddy and Carsy return swap out Leitch and Moore.

• Like 1

I'm afraid to say that Fraser Kerr is even more murder at right midfield than he is at right back. After his pitiful display against the mighty Albion Rovers (one of the worst I have seen in over 25 years of watching the Well) it is clear to me that he is miles away from top flight quality and is basically a waste of a wage.

I have liked him at centre back and with a run in the position would be decent I reckon. Right back and right mid he as been ok at best.

I don't dislike Kerr at all, he has all the physical attributes to be great for us but (understandabley seeing as he's never had a run in the team) the technical side of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

Good cover all across the defence but never in a million years is he an SPL winger.

Edited by Yassin

I think a win or a draw more or less guarantees at least 4th place in the league and if we manage that we'll have achieved roughly what I think we should have done over the season. Given that Inverness have drawn 4 of the last 5 at home I think we have a pretty decent chance of getting at least a point.

Of course, a win is the preferred result as it enables us to do perhaps even better in the league.

4 points from the next two matches would be a decent tally.

Really need to take a point from this, and a win on Saturday also.

Any news on Faddy and Carswell?

I'd play Leitch as a straight replacement for Carswell if he's out rather than shunt Vigurs about. Should've really done that on Saturday there aswell....

I don't want to see Kerr anywhere near right mid!! If Ainsworth isn't contributing then I'd put Moore there.

I'd play Leitch as a straight replacement for Carswell if he's out rather than shunt Vigurs about. Should've really done that on Saturday there aswell....

Absolutely. Vigurs can't be expected to do the donkey work in the middle and be at his best as an attacking threat. Having Carswell/Leitch in the middle with Lasley as the ball winners should help a lot. If Faddy's fit, I think we could do with him starting as we missed his creativity and link up play with Vigurs on Saturday. If not, then Anier to step in. I don't think Moore was bad on Saturday at all, but struggled a bit against a big, strong Killie defence and was pushed off the ball easily.

Absolutely. Vigurs can't be expected to do the donkey work in the middle and be at his best as an attacking threat. Having Carswell/Leitch in the middle with Lasley as the ball winners should help a lot. If Faddy's fit, I think we could do with him starting as we missed his creativity and link up play with Vigurs on Saturday. If not, then Anier to step in. I don't think Moore was bad on Saturday at all, but struggled a bit against a big, strong Killie defence and was pushed off the ball easily.

Moore won a lot of fouls on Saturday, although some of them were a bit dubious! That's an asset that we didn't take advantage of.