Ict V Motherwell Fc 01/04/14

Welldaft Mk1

That control from Henri for his goal has to be one of the first touches of the season :drinks:

I heard Hughes last night saying how they had been caught by 2 long balls. Neither of those goals were long ball efforts, but the first in particular was a perfect pass and a perfect finish.

There is a difference between punting long, high, aimless balls up the park in the hope something happens and Kerr splitting the defence open with a 50 yard pass.

• Like 1

I heard Hughes last night saying how they had been caught by 2 long balls. Neither of those goals were long ball efforts, but the first in particular was a perfect pass and a perfect finish.

There is a difference between punting long, high, aimless balls up the park in the hope something happens and Kerr splitting the defence open with a 50 yard pass.

Definately!!! I don't recall what the long ball was liike on the second goal but watching the first one was a joy to behold. You see him look up and then make a very deliberate weighted pass right into the stride of Anier. If gerrard or rooney had done something like that the commentators would have been creaming themselves.

We played a longish ball from the right back area and Sutton won the header, that may have been a bit lucky that he got a winnable header but he won the header but after that we tied the defender in knots. Different passage of play but they lost the game for the same reason we lost to Kilmarnock, cheaply giving the ball away when everyone was up.