Dundee Utd V Motherwell 26/04/14

stevie_mfc

Absolutely dreadful showing from our two central defenders, 5 goals right up the middle up the park. McManus sliding at a ghost or something for the first, Hutchinson deciding to try and dribble on the half way line for the second, and rounded it off by getting outpaced by fucking Brian Graham for the final, with another couple of aberrations inbetween.

In fairness, I thought Gunnar did pretty well, particularly that one-on-one with Ciftci.

Nice goal from Ainsworth, though.

Aberdeen can drop all the points they want, we aren't capable of taking advantage of it.

In a nutshell.

We simply don't have what it takes to get results because defensively we are a shambles and we can't rely on Sutton and Ainsworth to bail out our glaring defensive shortcomings every single week.

• Like 1

In a nutshell.

We simply don't have what it takes to get results because defensively we are a shambles and we can't rely on Sutton and Ainsworth to bail out our glaring defensive shortcomings every single week.

Aye only won the 19 games this season you fucking clowndash2.gif

• Like 3

I think you're right, but it's not been difficult for teams to score against us this season. Even the supposed bad ones.

No, you're totally right on that front, and it's something that McCall needs to look at in the summer. We have a decent defence on paper, but we've been struggling to keep things tight all season. With Hutch likely leaving in the summer, it gives an opportunity to re-evaluate and try and build a more solid defensive unit for next season.

But McCall has said multiple times that he'd rather we focus on scoring goals and winning that way, rather than keeping clean sheets, so I wouldn't expect us to turn into masters of the 0-0 draw.

Excactly everyone in Scottish football loses players. It's who you can bring in. 2 of them Humhrey and Higgy we replaced with good players in Ainsworth and Sutton. Our big mistake is our keepers, resigning Faddy and McManus thats weakened us. Add that to Hutchie who's been a bombscare in many games and there you have it. GOALS GALORE AGAINST US!!! It's not rocket science. <_>

What do you want? Systematic lynchings?

That's the way it's gonna be with us and our resources.

Accept it or dont

No, but I think we should question why we are regularly shipping 3+ goals and/or dropping points from winning positions without being shouted down because HALLELUJAH WE'RE TOP SIX NOW RESULTS DON'T MATTER.

• Like 1

In a nutshell.

I would have thought that a club who don't have what it takes to get results would be fighting against relegation rather than challenging for Europe, no?

• Like 2

Somtimes you have teams that just have your number. This season we are just Utd's bitches. Look at Aberdeen, I think they didn't beat hearts at all in 3 games, is that right? So all in all embarrasing, yes, but 1 point from the last 2 games is one more than I thought we might have.

• Like 1

Somtimes you have teams that just have your number. This season we are just Utd's bitches. Look at Aberdeen, I think they didn't beat hearts at all in 3 games, is that right? So all in all embarrasing, yes, but 1 point from the last 2 games is one more than I thought we might have.

I said those first two lines verbatim earlier today. Very odd.

That aside, I don't see the need for a big stramash. I reckon we'll still finish top 3, and that'll do for Europe. Not going mental that we won't catch an Aberdeen team which seems to have been built on a mountain of unsustainable cash.

ETA hammered the bookies today, so that may be shading my reaction to something rather more positive than a scudding would nornally earn.

No, but I think we should question why we are regularly shipping 3+ goals and/or dropping points from winning positions without being shouted down because HALLELUJAH WE'RE TOP SIX NOW RESULTS DON'T MATTER.

What I'm saying is that we should definitely be a bottom six team expecting to get pumped most weeks. That's our rightful place in the food chain. We are extremely lucky that city teams like Hibs, Hearts and rangers are basket cases and that Aberdeen and Utd have under achieved for seasons.

HALLELUJAH we're not bottom six & results do matter overall (ours have been decent). While we've had some humpings this year - we can't forget that we've won loads. it's been an 'all sugar or all shite' sort of season performance wise.

At the end of the day for the doubters, aye today's result was shite and embarrassing but not as embarrassing as a few people on here's thoughts and opinions. Stuart McCall is statistically one of the best 'well managers of ALL TIME. We are a small club and obviously are going to have blips here and there, some worse than others, but we're on the verge of qualifying for Europe for the 6th time in 7th season and if that's not good enough for some on here then they should fuck off along the M74 and support you know who. We should enjoy it whilst it lasts because there is no guarantee that it will.

• Like 3

Well that was a dreadful performance from the manager right through the team. The lineup was ok I thought, Kerr isnt a right midfielder in my opinion but was there to do a job and starting with Ainsworth wouldnt have made any difference as Robertson would have had free reign to join the Utd attack and rip us apart as well.

The "formation" though shows us how much of a fucking idiot McCall really is. Vigurs + Lasley in the middle and Leitch left mid? The young lad kept drifting inside meaning Hammell continually had acres of space on the left with no-one on front of him which stifled any attacking play we built as we ALWAYS had to check back and end up lumping a long ball up to Sutton,or at the times when Sutton or Anier went left to support Hammell we were then left thin up top! And Uniteds strength ,4-2-3-1 with fast mobile midfielders, so we match them up against Vigurs + Lasley? Suicide! And it was shown with every united break, Vigurs was left in the utd half,Lasley was running through treacle and Hutch + McManus were forced to try defend against 4 mobile,technical + fast attackers. He made the subs at half time but why he didnt change the midfield + swap Vigurs for Leitch even after their 1st goal Il never know. The subs he did make also didnt help stopping United as the stronger we got in the middle with Leitch being there, we were left with Robertson running up as Ainsworth had absolutely no fucking interest in running backwards to help.

Player wise, Hammell was pretty poor, Reid was ok but limited. Vigurs was poor in the first half and deserved the hook, Lasley was a total waste of a jersey, Sutton was too (all down to the so called referee) Anier + Kerr werent great and Hutch + McManus were pissing into the wind with the lack of support they were afforded. Moore looked bright but had nothing to work with, ZFA as well and Ainsworth scored but was hopeless defensively. Leitch played well considering how pish we were and big Gunnar (cant believe im saying this) was our best player by a mile and it could have been 8 without him. His 2 saves,1 in each half, from Ciftci were superb.

The "Referee was a total fucking disgrace, how this clusterfuck is allowed to go home with £900 after that performance is a mystery. Sutton was wrestled and molested everytime the ball came to him and was penalised everytime, I honestly do not know how McLean can say Sutton has fouled the defender when the defender has 1 arm across Suttons face + the other dragging him down? And it happened to a couple of United strikers in the second half as well. Utd denied a stonewall pen,inconsistent with cards and generally looked fucking miles out his depth.

If we`d taken one of the 2 or 3 chances we made at the start of the second half it might have changed the game but it would have been papering over the cracks. Utd were devastating on the break but we did our utmost to help make it easy for them. Overall a bad day at the office and no doubt McCall will come out in the post match interview with his usual "we will learn from this/United were brilliant today/were hurting and we will make sure this doesnt happen again" etc etc pish but we really fucking need to pull the finger out now.

Aberdeen now have Celtic + Utd at Tannadice so 2 home wins could see us go into the final game at least level and possibly 2 points ahead in second, quite how that the case is a fucking mystery even Columbo couldnt figure out as we have been generally murder this season,but we still have a massive opportunity to add some much needed pennies to the coffers.

Mr McCall + the squad, its time to earn your corn and stand up + be counted! No more talking or excuses, Now is the time!

• Like 2

At the end of the day for the doubters, aye today's result was shite and embarrassing but not as embarrassing as a few people on here's thoughts and opinions. Stuart McCall is statistically one of the best 'well managers of ALL TIME. We are a small club and obviously are going to have blips here and there, some worse than others, but we're on the verge of qualifying for Europe for the 6th time in 7th season and if that's not good enough for some on here then they should fuck off along the M74 and support you know who. We should enjoy it whilst it lasts because there is no guarantee that it will.

Excactly everyone in Scottish football loses players. It's who you can bring in. 2 of them Humhrey and Higgy we replaced with good players in Ainsworth and Sutton. Our big mistake is our keepers, resigning Faddy and McManus thats weakened us. Add that to Hutchie who's been a bombscare in many games and there you have it. GOALS GALORE AGAINST US!!! It's not rocket science. <_>

Resulting in what? Relegation dogfight?

Well that was a dreadful performance from the manager right through the team. The lineup was ok I thought, Kerr isnt a right midfielder in my opinion but was there to do a job and starting with Ainsworth wouldnt have made any difference as Robertson would have had free reign to join the Utd attack and rip us apart as well.

The "formation" though shows us how much of a fucking idiot McCall really is. Vigurs + Lasley in the middle and Leitch left mid? The young lad kept drifting inside meaning Hammell continually had acres of space on the left with no-one on front of him which stifled any attacking play we built as we ALWAYS had to check back and end up lumping a long ball up to Sutton,or at the times when Sutton or Anier went left to support Hammell we were then left thin up top! And Uniteds strength ,4-2-3-1 with fast mobile midfielders, so we match them up against Vigurs + Lasley? Suicide! And it was shown with every united break, Vigurs was left in the utd half,Lasley was running through treacle and Hutch + McManus were forced to try defend against 4 mobile,technical + fast attackers. He made the subs at half time but why he didnt change the midfield + swap Vigurs for Leitch even after their 1st goal Il never know. The subs he did make also didnt help stopping United as the stronger we got in the middle with Leitch being there, we were left with Robertson running up as Ainsworth had absolutely no fucking interest in running backwards to help.

Player wise, Hammell was pretty poor, Reid was ok but limited. Vigurs was poor in the first half and deserved the hook, Lasley was a total waste of a jersey, Sutton was too (all down to the so called referee) Anier + Kerr werent great and Hutch + McManus were pissing into the wind with the lack of support they were afforded. Moore looked bright but had nothing to work with, ZFA as well and Ainsworth scored but was hopeless defensively. Leitch played well considering how pish we were and big Gunnar (cant believe im saying this) was our best player by a mile and it could have been 8 without him. His 2 saves,1 in each half, from Ciftci were superb.

The "Referee was a total fucking disgrace, how this clusterfuck is allowed to go home with £900 after that performance is a mystery. Sutton was wrestled and molested everytime the ball came to him and was penalised everytime, I honestly do not know how McLean can say Sutton has fouled the defender when the defender has 1 arm across Suttons face + the other dragging him down? And it happened to a couple of United strikers in the second half as well. Utd denied a stonewall pen,inconsistent with cards and generally looked fucking miles out his depth.

If we`d taken one of the 2 or 3 chances we made at the start of the second half it might have changed the game but it would have been papering over the cracks. Utd were devastating on the break but we did our utmost to help make it easy for them. Overall a bad day at the office and no doubt McCall will come out in the post match interview with his usual "we will learn from this/United were brilliant today/were hurting and we will make sure this doesnt happen again" etc etc pish but we really fucking need to pull the finger out now.

Aberdeen now have Celtic + Utd at Tannadice so 2 home wins could see us go into the final game at least level and possibly 2 points ahead in second, quite how that the case is a fucking mystery even Columbo couldnt figure out as we have been generally murder this season,but we still have a massive opportunity to add some much needed pennies to the coffers.

Mr McCall + the squad, its time to earn your corn and stand up + be counted! No more talking or excuses, Now is the time!

Would appear i posted a few minutes too early, jesus christ facepalm.gif

I'm all for an attacking, entertaining team and I don't want to see us grinding out results but you can't have a situation where we are conceding over 2 goals a match on average.

The number of times we have conceded 3 or more goals in the last couple of months is shocking and it simply cannot continue.

I don't think today was, as some have said, about playing Dundee Utd. In recent times we've conceded 3 goals to St. Mirren, Hibs, Partick Thistle, all times scrapping against relegation.

This goes much deeper than simply one team having a sign over us this term. This is something that is happening week in and week out.

There must be reasons for us conceding so many goals and McCall really need to address these because it should not be happening with the players we have available.

As for 2nd, I think we can still do it if we win the final three matches, so we just have to take each game at a time and try and take it to the final day. However we are going to have to defend a lot better than we have been doing to have any chance.

Before the game today I said we had to be aggressive and physical from the start, thus seeing how many United players would have been up for that or would want to avoid injury with an eye on the Cup Final, instead we stood off them and allowed them to run through the defence unchecked and unchallenged.

We shot ourselves in the foot today another big game with a big support the script was written.

It is theoretically and arithmetically possible to get 2nd but it depends on too many variables.

I'm all for an attacking, entertaining team and I don't want to see us grinding out results but you can't have a situation where we are conceding over 2 goals a match on average.

The number of times we have conceded 3 or more goals in the last couple of months is shocking and it simply cannot continue.

I don't think today was, as some have said, about playing Dundee Utd. In recent times we've conceded 3 goals to St. Mirren, Hibs, Partick Thistle, all times scrapping against relegation.

This goes much deeper than simply one team having a sign over us this term. This is something that is happening week in and week out.

There must be reasons for us conceding so many goals and McCall really need to address these because it should not be happening with the players we have available.

As for 2nd, I think we can still do it if we win the final three matches, so we just have to take each game at a time and try and take it to the final day. However we are going to have to defend a lot better than we have been doing to have any chance.

Just tead your post.bloody hell mcall meeds to address this!then as for 2nd we can still do it if we win final 3 matches! Well I would take every single year 3 games to go and if we win final 3 matches we are 2nd.some of the statements on here as ever after a defeat are ridiculous.We have never had it so good !!fact

Am wondering if that old twat who was shouting down at McCall as he was going down the stairs today got back to the old folks home safely for a cup of tea and a lie down .How embarrassing im sure the manager was feeling shitty enough never mind listning to that shite .I bet he wasn't saying that last week about him. Anyway Utd were deadly fast today and as we know, clinical on breakaways and not to good in defence. We had to take our chances and didn't bad day at the office today but on to the next game .We are not out of the challenge for second place just yet.