Stewarding Tonight

Frazzie

Why did we have a load of stewards tonight that had never set foot in Fir Park before telling everyone to sit down, yet still failed to stop a bunch of weans getting on the park?

Do we get a refund if they are proven to not be fit for purpose? Of course we don't. The last home game of the season is one that could swing a few peoples decisions on whether to invest in a season ticket for the following campaign and this nonsense rearing it's head again won't have helped with that.

Dont see anything wrong with a pitch invasion (as long as the players dont get kicked! etc)

To fine the club for such trivial incidents is ridiculous when compared to the behavior of old firm fans pretty much anywhere they go. I wonder if dundee will get fined for there title celebrations last saturday? It just highlights more problems with the SFA, SPFL and the total backwards nature of scottish footballs governing bodies

I think the whole idea of a pitch invasion is traditionally that the fans are delighted about winning something / european qualification / avoiding relegation and want to celebrate on the pitch with the players. None of those things were achieved by us winning last night and to be honest I find it ridiculous that people feel the need to do it in any situation anyway.

I think the whole idea of a pitch invasion is traditionally that the fans are delighted about winning something / european qualification / avoiding relegation and want to celebrate on the pitch with the players. None of those things were achieved by us winning last night and to be honest I find it ridiculous that people feel the need to do it in any situation anyway.

Aye, Pittodrie is where the real pitch invasion will be happening yes.gif

Its nothing to do with the SPFL/SFA being overzealous with rules, its a nationwide Health and safety thing for some reason. I personally don't agree with it being forbidden as its just a bit of fun in the end. But there is a certain risk of crushing and serious injury involved.

A fine is fair - better than a points deduction. I'm sure its a relatively low fine as well!

are you serious? it's quite obvious why there was so many stewards, because certain selfish little boys can't take a telling and stay off the park. if the club gets fined, will they stump up the money and pay it? Doubt it!

Uh huh.... And the stewards stopped that from happening, did they?

Didn't seen many polis at the match yesterday - the biggest waste of money in football. So stewards are preferable if we have to have them.

I also don't see any harm on kids running on the pitch at the end of the season as long as it is all in a good spirit.

In the past we've had an undesirable element trying to goad opposition fans and players but from what I saw last night it was just kids running around - hardly a big problem.

There were a few adults though...... :doh:

Uh huh.... And the stewards stopped that from happening, did they?

Wither they stopped it happening is immaterial. The question being posted was; "why an increase in presence" And the answer still remains, because an element of the fan base can't be trusted despite being told twice not to do it.

I've personally never had any issue with stewards inside fir park as i'm sure the vast majority of fans will have found.

I'm certain that one of the guys that was on The Scheme was a steward outside the East Stand last night.

The dad of the family with the lad that went to jail for calling some Asian guy a Bin Laden bastard!

Wasn't even boozing last night too!

I'm certain that one of the guys that was on The Scheme was a steward outside the East Stand last night.

The dad of the family with the lad that went to jail for calling some Asian guy a Bin Laden bastard!

Wasn't even boozing last night too!

I've just had a massive "That's how I know that guys face" moment! :laugh: