Spfl Prize And Tv Money

Spiderpig

How would the £75 be split, given that some clubs charge more than others for entry?

Just in my opinion, but the club that accepts the ticket would submit it to the SPFL for 1/5th of the £75.

MFC raised this idea several years ago and discussed it with other SPL clubs. One or two agreed (Kilmarnock and Dunfermline come to mind) but many opposed it - mainly the city clubs. The issue would be trying to get agreement between club representatives. In the SPL that was virtually impossible, with bickering, squabbling and the usual horse trading going on.
This is another reason we need a governing body that makes the decisions and not the clubs. anyone who has an official club affiliation - past or present, should not be allowed to sit on the SPFL or SFA board.

I posted about this quite some time back. I can't mind which season it was but at the back of the season ticket book there were "vouchers" for Rugby Park, Love Street and Tynecastle which if presented at the turnstiles at these grounds let you in for £10.

There may have others, I can't remember but I recall getting in at these 3 away grounds for £10 which I thought was a brilliant idea. I don't know whether or not we had a reciprocal arrangement with these clubs but I would imagine we must have had.

It was a great way to encourage supporters to go go to away matches where the clubs concerned were getting £10 they otherwise wouldn't get plus maybe some additional income from programmes, catering etc.

It was obviously considered and tried by some clubs, ours included, previously but for some reason it was not continued.

Surely it can't be beyond the wit of the SPFL clubs to arrange something along these lines. After all it's for mutual benefit.