Lee Hollis

mosquito

Hollis suffered from following Randolph and Ruddy in the same way that Moyes suffered from following Ferguson. It was asking a lot to match up to two of the best keepers I've seen at Fir Park.

I suspect that Hollis is no better or worse than a lot of keepers in the first team at SPL level (keepers in the SPL last season, outwith Forster, much of a muchness). His injury record leaves a lot to be desired which didn't help him get a run of form last season.

I'd have him ahead of Twardzik but Nielsen ahead of them both. Still can't believe we signed Twardzik this summer when Jamie McDonald was available...

Is that the defenders' excuse for giving away so many cheap goals from set pieces last season? "I didn't pick up my man because Hollis made me feart".

Don't be such a pedant if possible.

You know fine well a defender having confidence in a keeper coming off his line at set pieces to collect a ball can have an impact on how many goals they concede.

In your opinion he does. I don't agree so in my opinion he doesn't.

You don't need to be that old to remember Woods FFS. He didn't exactly play in the 70's.

Its all about opinions at the end of the day, fora like this wouldn't be as much fun if it wasn't. I personally don't agree with yours but I respect your right to have it.

I was being self-deprecating and ironic with the old statement, those of us in the throes of mid-life take their fun where they can.

Chill.

Hollis suffered from being absolutely gash, he wasn't even a decent shot stopper and I distinctly remember thinking he looked like a bad 5 a side goalie after he let a shot right through him the first time I saw him play for us.

Up at Aberdeen in the last game of the season he threw the ball out to Reid when he wasn't looking and almost cost us a goal. He also lost the flight of the ball in the air and it clipped the inside of the bar much to his bemusement. His kicking that day was also terrible as normal.

A thoroughly nice guy by all accounts and yes unlucky with injuries but when he did get his chance he just wasn't any good.

Hollis suffered from being absolutely gash, he wasn't even a decent shot stopper and I distinctly remember thinking he looked like a bad 5 a side goalie after he let a shot right through him the first time I saw him play for us.

Up at Aberdeen in the last game of the season he threw the ball out to Reid when he wasn't looking and almost cost us a goal. He also lost the flight of the ball in the air and it clipped the inside of the bar much to his bemusement. His kicking that day was also terrible as normal.

A thoroughly nice guy by all accounts and yes unlucky with injuries but when he did get his chance he just wasn't any good.

Reid was looking then did the cardinal sin of not turning and facing. In the same game he challenged Anderson twice as our defenders shat it, despite being fouled. He made less mistakes than a lot of our keepers. And much less than the men in front of him

• Like 1

Reid was looking then did the cardinal sin of not turning and facing. In the same game he challenged Anderson twice as our defenders shat it, despite being fouled. He made less mistakes than a lot of our keepers. And much less than the men in front of him

Reid didn't show for the ball because he clearly didn't want it. It wasn't on and Hollis shouldn't have thrown it to him. That was his mistake IMO.

Maybe our defenders were expecting him to come and claim a cross in his area.

Maxwell was the first goalkeeper I seen in a 'Well jersey.

Hollis gave everyone around him the fear, not just us fans sitting in the stand.

Despite us having some poor keepers, with most being named, none of them are as bad as this imposter!

On the subject of Stevie Woods. He is always remembered for the high profile mistake against Rangers but he doesn't even make the top 3 shit keepers we have had in the last 25 years.