Motherwell V St Johnstone 30/08/14

Yabba's Turd

We can moan bout fans not attending but some families just cant afford to attend football games as it is so dear to attend. A dont think it has anything to do with performances.we just need to accept that our attendances are going to be around the 3500 mark. For a family of 4 to go yesterday with 2 kids they are looking at paying £56 to get in. Folk would argue this money could be spent else where.its not just motherwell that have poor attendances and it shows all over scotland. If its cheap enough to go then fans will attend.in our situation we cant afford to lower prices as we are struggling for money

Totally disagree that the sub's lost us the game. I blame the same thing that has lost us the other 3 games this season....inbalanced formations, nosebleeds in the final third, no one taking a shot, severe lack of fitness, and the fact the team don't look like they have any direction or idea of how to break a team down.

On the plus side Lawson played well, I have always rated him and hope he can hold down a place this year. O Brien impressed too, reminds me of Reynolds in both appearance and playing style.

Stay away fans are going to bury the club.

Instead of sitting at home waiting for better times, they are going to be sitting at home with no club to support.

Before yesterday we had lost 2 out of 14 home matches yet we are rapidly becoming a sub 4,000 attendance team.

Ive been going to Fir Park since I was 4 and after 27 years,I finally got myself a season ticket 2 years ago for the first time, Myself + my Dad got them for the Cooper as it was the first time we had both been close enough (Edinburgh + Perth) and work allowed us to go. The football was brilliant to watch and we were superb but we decided against renewing due to the fucking around with ko times and dates etc as even with a considerable amount of extra effort and expense to make these games we still only managed 13 or 14 home games.

I started with the notion Id have the season off and look at picking the season ticket back up this year and over last season I made 6 or 7 paying at the gate which was around £60 per match wi travel and food etc. Il be honest, every game was fucking brutal and the "entertainment" served up was non existant. Still, with finishing second and the unbudgeted bonus we got cash wise from that,along with only the potential of 1 or 2 (high earning) players leaving and possibilities of players coming in I was quite excited about this season.

Then we got the price rise, Chief Exec walk away,Cheapo option "reorganization",Physio walk away, Board telling us the Well Society is doomed, Josh McCall from some 9th division English pub league being our only actual permanent signing of the summer and the Stjarnan disgrace and I stood back and thought, what do I actually get from this several hundred quid outlay? Is it worth the time,hassle and expense? So I didnt bother with the ST and to be honest, with the shambles we currently have I honestly dont know when Il want to go to a game again,

We have no saleable assets,play the worst "brand" of football in the league,have the worst fitness in the league,poor organization, a Manager who refuses to develop youth and such a general feeling of apathy and short termism running through the core of our club that it is really putting people off parting with their cash,especially nowadays! Im sure I cant be the only one feeling like this! We need a spark, both on the pitch and in the boardroom

Okay, I think this one we're probably going to have to agree to disagree on this one PW.

You're pretty insistent you think Erwin came on to replace Law at left-midfield.

I'm pretty sure that for the first 20 minutes of the second half Law had swapped with Ojamaa and was playing just off John Sutton through the middle, and that's the position Erwin originally came on at.

Yes at that point we had four players in advanced positions but that was no different to how we had lined up throughout the whole of the second half to that point.

For me your game changers are Ojamaa going off, which if he hadn't I very much doubt Erwin would have been moved out left and ZFA going off which wouldn't have required Reid going over from right back.

You are convinced it's the Erwin for Law change that set the chain of events moving,

I'm sure I'm boring you as well as everyone else so right or wrong I'll leave it at that on this one.

No problem mate......just watched the low lights on the BBC :angry:

As somebody mentioned .somewhere on this post the time and space the St J player had to put in the cross was a disgrace.......... schoolboy basics !

McCall should be ashamed of himself for blaming Erwin :wacko:

Despite being absolutely scunnered after the Stjarnan debacle to the point that I didn't renew the season ticket it seems I still can't stop going to the games.

I've been quite negative recently and I do think the club and even league needs a major overhaul but I actually didn't think we were too bad on Saturday. Certainly no worse than St. Johnstone and the game had 0-0 written all over it until the kick in the baws at the end.

I though the keeper and defence done reasonably well, with O'Brien looking like a decent player, Lawson done well considering he can't be match sharp and Sutton was better than he has been. If we get Hammell and Vigurs back and improve a bit it won't be a great season but we'll have enough about us to be clear of the drop.

My main gripe yesterday was actually the abuse that was dished out to Law - while I don't think he should be a starter at the moment, guys calling him a w**k etc. following a misplaced pass is a bit ridiculous!

• Like 2

Despite being absolutely scunnered after the Stjarnan debacle to the point that I didn't renew the season ticket it seems I still can't stop going to the games.

I've been quite negative recently and I do think the club and even league needs a major overhaul but I actually didn't think we were too bad on Saturday. Certainly no worse than St. Johnstone and the game had 0-0 written all over it until the kick in the baws at the end.

I though the keeper and defence done reasonably well, with O'Brien looking like a decent player, Lawson done well considering he can't be match sharp and Sutton was better than he has been. If we get Hammell and Vigurs back and improve a bit it won't be a great season but we'll have enough about us to be clear of the drop.

My main gripe yesterday was actually the abuse that was dished out to Law - while I don't think he should be a starter at the moment, guys calling him a w**k etc. following a misplaced pass is a bit ridiculous!

I agree with all that. We were no worse than St Johnstone except when they got their free header in the box it went in, when we did it, it ricocheted off their keeper's leg. If ever a game deserved to peter out to a 0-0 it was that one.

• Like 1