League Cup 2014/15

Toxteth O'Grady

Other than the downside of having to play them twice in four days, I'm pretty content with that.

There is plenty levied at Motherwell fans (often much of it by fellow supporters granted) but in comparison to other teams we do treat this competition with a fair bit of respect and when there's an away game travel in decent numbers.

If there's some sensible pricing involved it should make for a decent atmosphere.

This promises to be a shitfest unless we improve.

Even this early in the season Hamilton have shown that they are no pushovers, Motherwell on the other hand have shown the complete opposite. I would go as far as to say that this game is a must win with regards to cup moral. The game is certainly winnable, however, the early signs don’t fill me with much confidence. On the plus side at least we managed to avoid Sevco. ph34r.gif

Even this early in the season Hamilton have shown that they are no pushovers, Motherwell on the other hand have shown the complete opposite. I would go as far as to say that this game is a must win with regards to cup moral. The game is certainly winnable, however, the early signs don't fill me with much confidence. On the plus side at least we managed to avoid Sevco. ph34r.gif

No pushovers? Who have they played like? First division heroes are having a purple patch, while admittedly we're not. I'd wager we'll still be straining our necks looking down at them from above come the end of the season.

• Like 3

I'd wager we'll still be straining our necks looking down at them from above come the end of the season.

I would agree on that one, however, the cup tie is in late September not at the end of the season. At this moment in time our confidence is low, and any team would fancy their chances against us home or away.

Terrible draw, almost the worst draw we could get IMO.

My feelings too sadly.

Everything points to an Accies win in this one. The way we've been playing, their promising start, them being right up for this to get the better of us, our inability to match opponents hunger in games like these, the plastic pitch and our shocking cup record under McCall. This has defeat written all over it.

• Like 1

Terrible draw, almost the worst draw we could get IMO.

Why ? they are a team, who come next may will be struggling at the wrong end of the table, granted they have had decent start to the season, but the bottom line is, we are a better team than them, better individual players (assumming our 1st choice players are fit) so i cant see why we would not be favourites in the match.

Looking forward to this. Will miss the Sat game due to holidays so hopefully a win here to send me away happy. No doubt you will finish above us come May but if your form doesn't pick up in the next couple of weeks we have got to fancy ourselves.

Why ? they are a team, who come next may will be struggling at the wrong end of the table, granted they have had decent start to the season, but the bottom line is, we are a better team than them, better individual players (assumming our 1st choice players are fit) so i cant see why we would not be favourites in the match.

Your powers of premonition are quite extraordinary.

Maybe you think they will be struggling at the wrong end of the table but that remains to be seen.

Even when Accies were ACTUALLY struggling at the wrong end of the table we still managed to struggled against them. Factor in things like the artificial turf, our last calamitous visit to Douglas Park and us losing the last cup tie between the teams, then it's a draw with a lot of bad omens.

We were a better team than them, right now they are a better team than us and that's unlikely to change before the tie is played.

Your powers of premonition are quite extraordinary.

Maybe you think they will be struggling at the wrong end of the table but that remains to be seen.

Even when Accies were ACTUALLY struggling at the wrong end of the table we still managed to struggled against them. Factor in things like the artificial turf, our last calamitous visit to Douglas Park and us losing the last cup tie between the teams, then it's a draw with a lot of bad omens.

We were a better team than them, right now they are a better team than us and that's unlikely to change before the tie is played.

Your powers of premonition are quite extraordinary. :rolleyes:

Another confidence boosting result for our league cup opponents today. This will be a very tough tie.

Every game we play just now is tough mainly on the fans watching it, but i have a feeling that the Ross county league game and the 2 Accies games will finally get our season going. 2 Local derby wins in a week, bring it on.