Aberdeen V Motherwell 24/10/14

Yabba's Turd

Aberdeen with a score to settle, us in utter free fall chucking in goals left right and centre whilst being unable to score at the other end only points to a sound pumping.....5-0 Aberdeen.

Remember as a nipper goin up to pittodrie wi ma auld man on a wed nite, 82ish n getting pumped after Stuart Rafferty scored for us.... 8-1??????.think we got home 2 in the morn lol

If everyone is fit then the back 4 should be Reid, Kerr, O'Brien, Hammell.

McManus and Ramsden should be nowhere near the starting 11 based on the form they have shown this season.

So by that school of thought, neither should Kerr & I doubt I'll be the only one to think our pursuit of O'Brien was another in a long line of folly? Adam Cummins is certainly no worse...

Main objective should be the protection of the back 4 from their midfield counterparts, we have the resources to do so, time will tell.

We have been very poor but Aberdeen are going through a bad spell as well. The thing that worries me though is so were Partick and Dundee and they dispossed of us fairly easily.

However if we get the first goal I think we'll have a chance. Aberdeen are really no great shakes. If we concede first though I can't see us getting anything but another defeat.

I don't think we'll get 'beasted' but I think Aberdeen will be the bookies favourites.

Struggling with this one. Everyone is underperforming and our experienced players arent vocal enough on the park....but we can't drop everyone! I'd go...

Twardzik

Ramsden Kerr McManus Hammell

Reid Carswell

Ainsworth Ojamma Vigurs

Erwin

McManus stays in but only because all our players who can play centre back are pretty much of a muchness in my eyes. Kerr in instead of OB for a bit of pace but not much in it. We need the back 4 to be settled and get a run of games together too.

Reid and Carsy will run all day and tackle hard. We need them to help the defence out and Lasley and Leitch can't do that role in my eyes.

3 behind Erwin. Ojamma a no brainer...no one else to replace Ainsworth so he starts and Vigurs always has an element of threat and can open up a defence.

Erwin up top as Sutton isn't doing it.

ZFA unfortunate to miss out as his attacking play was decent on Saturday.

Back four needs protection and so I expect Reid to be put in front of it. With the general malaise around the squad, it's hard to be confident in any 11 selected. I do think Thomas deserves a decent outing - even if not from start. I'd go with

Twardzik

Kerr O'Brien McManus Hammell

Reid Lasley

Ainsworth Ojamma Vigurs

Sutton

I'd look to bring on Thomas if Vigurs is hiding and Carsewell if Lasley is tiring.

As for score, I fear a humping if/when we lose an early first goal but will opt for Sheep 2 us 0 but wish for last second dodgy goal for us to make it a 1-0 "steal".

With the folks staying only around three quarters of an hour in-land from Aberdeen this was pencilled for a wee trip north sometime ago. I foresaw the potential for a change in kick off time but never gave any thought that they would pencil it in for the Friday night slot. So I'll be heading to Aberdeen all right .....first thing on Saturday morning.

There is at least the consolation of being able to see the game on TV I suppose.

In terms of actual player selection that remains to be seen but as regards formation we will surely line-up in much the same manner that we did on the two visits to Pittodrie last season and attempt to replicate the smash and grab tactics that proved to be successful.

Clearly not to the same extent as ourselves but they've hardly hit the heights themselves this season and it's obviously irked their support that they haven't pushed on the way they expected to, so had things been different there may well have been some merit going for the jugular early on and attempting to add to that pressure. At the moment though we just don't appear to have the ability or belief to be able to do that, and even if we did, would we have the necessary within us to see out a winning position from early on?

So I can only really see more of the same from our last visits. Take the same outcomes ofcourse :nod:

Its all about trying to frustrate them for at least half an hour, the Aberdeen fans are demanding they turn us over so if we can keep them out for a while the fans will turn on them as they are probably some of the worst fans about for turning on their team in a blink of an eye.

One thing that had me smiling yesterday was reading Aberdeen fans who are ecstatic at our demise, cause it made me realise how much it hurt them being our bitch over recent years and thats a good memory to feast on in these shit times.

Beasted 4-0. They'll have a reaction to the Accies pasting, whilst our reaction will be some form of baffled staring, as they stream past us with ease.

Poor Twardzik. He doesn't deserve the shite he's to sit behind.

I thought good keepers were responsible for organizing the defence? Or is that criticism just saved for Gunnar?

Just realised St Mirren play Ross County this weekend so any one of the various outcomes possible from that fixture makes it even worse for us.

Or everyone of those various outcomes has a potential benefit to us.

Draw = St Mirren only get a point ahead after playing the team at the bottom of the table and Ross County can't overtake us

St Mirren win = Ross County can't overtake us

Ross County win = Ross County probably still won't overtake us and if they do, St Mirren might even end up below us and will at worst remain on the same points as us.

Going by the flood of negativity that's on the go at the moment I rather get the feeling we could go to Pittodrie, win 4-0 and within half an hour of full-time I'll be reading that it means nothing as it was only game wonder and someone will have defeat predicted for our next game.

Honestly this constant searching for new ways to make things appear even worse than they are is really grating.

Honestly this constant searching for new ways to make things appear even worse than they are is really grating.

we've won two out of 13 games all season.

we've played well a handful of times in 2014. we have been comprehensively outplayed by accies, thistle and dundee in our past three games despite their limited squads. we have three extremely difficult televised games coming up which could very well see us become a hibs-esque national laughing stock.

i'm at a loss as to how things could be much worse than they actually are at the moment.

• Like 2