Our Safety Net Being Formed?

Well-Made

I see from the BBC Gossip pages that Strachan wants Hearts, Hibs and The Rangers in the top league, even if it has to be manipulated.

Scotland boss Gordon Strachan says the top flight must be "manipulated" in order to bring back Rangers, Hearts and Hibernian from the Championship. Only two promotion spots are available. (Various)

So does that mean we'll see the league extended to save us whistling.gif

Or more likely the bottom 3 go down, no playoff. angry.gif

There's no way the bottom 3 could be relegated this season, the rules were agreed on before the season starts so any attempt to change them mid season would likely result in all sorts of legal action being taken by teams near the bottom.More likely the league would be expanded but most likely they'll just leave it as is and whoever gets Rangers in the playoff (if they're in it) will get some 'dubious' decisions going against them.

All this talk absolutely boils my piss and Strachan has gone down in my estimations!

All three clubs are in the situation they find themselves in through no fault but their own! Rangers and Hearts spent money they simply didn't have and it's cam back to bite them hard. Hibs were absolutely rank rotten last year and lost fair and square in a play off to the team now sitting top of the league.

It scandalous to think that ANY competition anywhere in the World would put rules in place to ensure certain "establishments" were ever present, no matter how poor, how mis-managed or how guilty of downright cheating they are!

IF - and it's a massive IF - and rule changes are rushed in to ensure all three are back in the top flight next year then I will complete give up on all things Scottish Football - national team and all - cause after all the shite over the last few years, that will well and truly be the baw burst!!

Today's BBC Gossip, no safety net.

Scottish Professional Football League secretary Iain Blair has ruled out the possibility of the governing body granting Scotland manager Gordon Strachan his request to have Hearts, Hibernian and Rangers manipulated back into the top flight. (Daily Express)

Promotion to the top flight needs to be earned, and teams can’t just be ‘manipulated’ back into the SPFL. If relegated you need to serve your time and fight your way back into the top flight.

Unless Falkirk haven't met the dodgy stadium criteria, then it's fine for teams like us not to be relegated. Or if there is a league restructure after we finish in the relegation spot - then it's also fine :ph34r:

Seriously, though, I completely agree. If we don't stick to the rules, then what we end up with is American style leagues.

Today's BBC Gossip, no safety net.

Scottish Professional Football League secretary Iain Blair has ruled out the possibility of the governing body granting Scotland manager Gordon Strachan his request to have Hearts, Hibernian and Rangers manipulated back into the top flight. [/ font](Daily Express)

That's only cause we've not finished in one of the danger spots yet ;)

All this talk absolutely boils my piss and Strachan has gone down in my estimations!

All three clubs are in the situation they find themselves in through no fault but their own! Rangers and Hearts spent money they simply didn't have and it's cam back to bite them hard. Hibs were absolutely rank rotten last year and lost fair and square in a play off to the team now sitting top of the league.

It scandalous to think that ANY competition anywhere in the World would put rules in place to ensure certain "establishments" were ever present, no matter how poor, how mis-managed or how guilty of downright cheating they are!

IF - and it's a massive IF - and rule changes are rushed in to ensure all three are back in the top flight next year then I will complete give up on all things Scottish Football - national team and all - cause after all the shite over the last few years, that will well and truly be the baw burst!!

Totally agree. If anything like this happened I'd be back to fishing every Saturday. Football would be finished for me.