Inverness C.t V Motherwell 22/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Well, going by the highlights 3-1 flattered us and ICT could easily have had 5 or 6.

The defending on display was real schoolboy stuff. Back to being a complete shambles after a decent display against Utd.

I was there and the defence was a shambles,you are right ICT could have had another 2 or 3 at least, bad finishing and some cracking stops from Twardzik limited it to 3. We offered nothing at all Ojamma was the only one who looked like he was interested the rest apart from Twardzik were pish.

guess that was aother two weeks holiday for the international break as I had feared

not even doing the basics like playing to the whistle, staying on the post, challenging every ball.

Caley Thistle should have destroyed us, maybe we would have seen the players that are more than pathetic being dropped, some of them are embarassing

I think the press coverage of our performance and the highlights make it look worse than it was. Firstly, Inverness were excellent. I've never seen a team press so well and then pass so well when they get the ball. They are streets ahead of what I have seen from United and Aberdeen this season.

Throughout the game, when we got the ball they constantly were on us and there was no obvious forward ball on which led to us doing one of two things - going backwards or playing a ball with little chance of success and losing it. Given that, we did well to a degree as in the first half they only had two real good sights on goal - the goal and the one Twardzik saved from Christie. They had all the possession and territory but apart from one slip we were very well positioned and robust off the ball.

Second half we weren't quite as good as when Doran came on they stretched us a bit. Now, from the BBC highlights it looked like a procession but at the time it didn't feel like one. Although they had two or three chances at 1-1, I felt we were right in the game against a very good side.

Unfortunately when they scored the second one we changed our shape to give us a bit more hope up top. In doing so we lost the midfield and we could have shipped any number at all and certainly from then on I was concerned we could suffer a right mauling but for the first 70 minutes, against a team that are a good bit better than us we competed very well.

Of course, you could argue that given they have similar crowds but haven't had the experiences of Europe we have had they shouldn't be a good bit better than us and that is maybe something to look at internally but over the 90 minutes of the game, I thought we competed decently. I thought Black's comment that the fans had more enthusiasm was disgraceful. We maybe lack ability, decision making, pace but to say they lacked desire, I thought was out of order from what I watched.

We're in a league where there are at least four teams (Celtic, Utd, Aberdeen and ICT) that are miles better than us and I think we should be looking at points v those four as a bonus. What has been very disappointing is that we have picked up precisely nothing against the ones in the middle order (Hamilton, Killie, Dundee, St Johnstone and Thistle) and we must look to improve that or we will come 12th, no question about it. Ever since this season started to unravel in September/October, the last three games in December looked massive and we're almost at them. We must have a plan when we hit them.

I remember a Motherwell defence that had Kevin Christie, Greig Denham and the comedic delight that was Gunni Johnsson all performing their magic at the same time so I'd have to say no to that one!

I too remember those players and as bad as they were, I don't think think played in a team that lost 7 out of 8. (Although to be fair I don't think Gunni Johnsson even played that many games for us!)

Ever since this season started to unravel in September/October, the last three games in December looked massive and we're almost at them. We must have a plan when we hit them.

You're right Tweed, but what do you think the plan is? This isn't just a bad run but the fans as always are being treated like mushrooms; fed shit and kept in the dark!

You'd like to think double, even triple, training sessions were the order of the day and a diiferent approach to tactics considered. I see Craig Reid has been topping up on his tattoos so that, for me, certainly suggests a good few days off recently rather than more time on the training ground!!

Failure to take anything less than 6 or 7 points in the upcoming games v Ross County, St Mirren and Partick Thistle doesn't even bear thinking about but since the whole team has barely put a shift in between them this season I fail to see where the sudden turn around in fortunes is going to come from.

I think the press coverage of our performance and the highlights make it look worse than it was. Firstly, Inverness were excellent. I've never seen a team press so well and then pass so well when they get the ball. They are streets ahead of what I have seen from United and Aberdeen this season.

Throughout the game, when we got the ball they constantly were on us and there was no obvious forward ball on which led to us doing one of two things - going backwards or playing a ball with little chance of success and losing it. Given that, we did well to a degree as in the first half they only had two real good sights on goal - the goal and the one Twardzik saved from Christie. They had all the possession and territory but apart from one slip we were very well positioned and robust off the ball.

Second half we weren't quite as good as when Doran came on they stretched us a bit. Now, from the BBC highlights it looked like a procession but at the time it didn't feel like one. Although they had two or three chances at 1-1, I felt we were right in the game against a very good side.

Unfortunately when they scored the second one we changed our shape to give us a bit more hope up top. In doing so we lost the midfield and we could have shipped any number at all and certainly from then on I was concerned we could suffer a right mauling but for the first 70 minutes, against a team that are a good bit better than us we competed very well.

Of course, you could argue that given they have similar crowds but haven't had the experiences of Europe we have had they shouldn't be a good bit better than us and that is maybe something to look at internally but over the 90 minutes of the game, I thought we competed decently. I thought Black's comment that the fans had more enthusiasm was disgraceful. We maybe lack ability, decision making, pace but to say they lacked desire, I thought was out of order from what I watched.

We're in a league where there are at least four teams (Celtic, Utd, Aberdeen and ICT) that are miles better than us and I think we should be looking at points v those four as a bonus. What has been very disappointing is that we have picked up precisely nothing against the ones in the middle order (Hamilton, Killie, Dundee, St Johnstone and Thistle) and we must look to improve that or we will come 12th, no question about it. Ever since this season started to unravel in September/October, the last three games in December looked massive and we're almost at them. We must have a plan when we hit them.

So, not the first time we've been well beaten by a John Hughes team. For all his critics, he is capable of getting a well drilled team on the park playing good football. The results just don't seem to be sustainable over a season.

Black's comments post match were in stark contrast to what we've came accustomed to during the McCall years. Rarely has the player's dedication and desire been called into question.

What do you mean by that? What is it the club should be talking to the fans about? Genuine question btw, not being sarky.

They should be telling us why several, well paid professional footballers have downed tools for most of the season. The more games we play, the more apparent the disgraceful and down right unacceptable displays by some of our squad become. I've seen plenty of shit Motherwell sides, but this one looks totally devoid of effort, desire and motivation bar a select few.

So, not the first time we've been well beaten by a John Hughes team. For all his critics, he is capable of getting a well drilled team on the park playing good football. The results just don't seem to be sustainable over a season.

Black's comments post match were in stark contrast to what we've came accustomed to during the McCall years. Rarely has the player's dedication and desire been called into question.

On Hughes, he has an exciting and effective team at Inverness. Taken them to the next level after Butcher and Malpas.

As for Black, I think if you are going to slate the team you need to manage when you do it. For a man who doesn't have the job I think this was the wrong time as could lose them and I wonder if this was a comment for the benefit of McCall who he feels they let down. That being said I think McCall was soft on them sometimes.

1416818424[/url]' post='425684']

This pressing game that a few teams seem to adopt, e.g ICT, Hearts Hamilton,Dundee Utd, as well as some really successful European teams,why can't we do it?

If we ally that to some of the better footballers we have, it might work wonders

This pressing game that a few teams seem to adopt, e.g ICT, Hearts Hamilton,Dundee Utd, as well as some really successful European teams,why can't we do it?

If we ally that to some of the better footballers we have, it might work wonders

Requires mobility, not something our assembled squad is blessed with a lot of...