Nobby Solano And A London Based Consortium

Welldel

I have never seen the idea of being fan owned as being a good one, not that it's not a nice one. The romance of it has brought many on it's side but in reality a club like Motherwell are going to need real financial backing to an extent the society just can't support. I'm not saying I agree with this London lot, in honesty we don't have enough information yet to pass judgment. We are fast running out of wealthy local business men, so this was going to be on the cards sooner or later.

^ so with the Well Society, it'd be business as normal? Would we have money in the bank? What would happen in the event of a financial shortfall? If we sell a player for £1,000,000, where does that money go?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Noticed this on the consortium

http://www.thefootba...es-asi-tu-madre

good find.

i can't understand how anyone would rather hand over the club lock, stock and barrel to an unknown group who seem to have a poor past record of running clubs and are fronted by solano who is a bankrupt than try and run the club on our own terms.

• Like 1

Surely there is a more credible offer on the table in order for the club to have the 'Well Society jumping through hoops at the moment.

Would the club have the audacity to make an approach to Owen Coyle if the imminent future of the club was so uncertain?

Time to hear from Boyle.

Would the club have the audacity to make an approach to Owen Coyle if the imminent future of the club was so uncertain?

Have they..?? news to me I thought he had distanced himself from the job at least publicly. Haven't heard any new approach from either side since other than some fantasists on here.

Also this Nobbie Solano group, I know Boyle wants rid of his shares but I know that he is very keen in getting the right person(s) to take over the club or he would have already sold it to the one dodgy guy a few years back during the Malpas era.

I can't see this ever happening, no one in their right mind would sell the club, not even Boyle to a Craig Whyte type character again in Scotland.

Have they..?? news to me I thought he had distanced himself from the job at least publicly. Haven't heard any new approach from either side since other than some fantasists on here.

Also this Nobbie Solano group, I know Boyle wants rid of his shares but I know that he is very keen in getting the right person(s) to take over the club or he would have already sold it to the one dodgy guy a few years back during the Malpas era.

I can't see this ever happening, no one in their right mind would sell the club, not even Boyle to a Craig Whyte type character again in Scotland.

Only hope you are right... overtures from those in power at The Well Society haven't exactly satisfied fellow members & those who aren't.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-well-society-pleased-response-171953165--sow.html

"The fans' group has targeted raising £1million in loans on top of the £500,000-plus sum that supporters have already accumulated."

Is it just myself that is a little bit worried that the well society plan on effectively buying the club using a £1m loan? It looks like it would simply add £1m worth of debt and when you consider the club has made a loss each season how would we be able to pay that back without making big cuts to the budget.

The well society are struggling to get money as it is never mind mind borrowing more. Its simply like accepting an 18 year old a credit card, maybe it will be fine but chances are due to naivety it will be harder than they think to pay back.

the club repaid boyle around £500,000 over 5 years without issue so i think this could be budgeted for.

the money we have lost over the past few years is effectively the money we have lost out on because of 5 missing visits from rangers, reduced league sponsorship because of rangers and reduced tv income again because of rangers. hopefully hearts and rangers are promoted and we will be in a far better position next season.

I have never seen the idea of being fan owned as being a good one, not that it's not a nice one. The romance of it has brought many on it's side but in reality a club like Motherwell are going to need real financial backing to an extent the society just can't support. I'm not saying I agree with this London lot, in honesty we don't have enough information yet to pass judgment. We are fast running out of wealthy local business men, so this was going to be on the cards sooner or later.

I disagree entirely.

Motherwell needs to start cutting its cloth to more or less guarenteed revenue streams, ie, our own fans and the bare minimium tv and prize money.

Relying on someone pay your bills is not a very sensible way to go if you are looking for stability.

Another Well Society statement:

The Well Society

1 min · Following reaction to statement: Appreciate people want more clarity but that's difficult until we have a final proposal that we're able to share. Some elements of potential deal must remain confidential during talks and details quickly change. Given reports/rumours, we just wanted to explain that we still have hope of coming up with a community-based solution. If/when we can come up with a definitive plan, then we will share all details with Well Society members and allow them to make up their minds.

It's speculation regarding Coyle but I doubt it is pure fabrication that an approach was made. Obviously we have no chance of getting him. If our immediate future is so uncertain though, I doubt we'd be going down the route we seemingly are in seeking a replacement for McCall.

I hope you are right regarding Boyle's intentions on future ownership. If it is the case though, I struggle to understand the increased pressure that's seemingly been put on the 'Well Society.

the club repaid boyle around £500,000 over 5 years without issue so i think this could be budgeted for.

the money we have lost over the past few years is effectively the money we have lost out on because of 5 missing visits from rangers, reduced league sponsorship because of rangers and reduced tv income again because of rangers. hopefully hearts and rangers are promoted and we will be in a far better position next season.

Not if we're in the Championship. :ph34r:

I understand reservations about the Well Society but at the very least they care about the club.

If a South American consortium came in they could change the name of the club to International de Madrepozo and the next thing you know the club colours are changed to green and white hoops because they are considered lucky in Ecuador.

That would be far fetched if it similar things weren't happening at other clubs right now!

I think we'd be taking a massive risk selling to these guys especially since their previous shambolic attempt at running a club is out in the open now.

Another Well Society statement:

it's good to see that the society is working hard to keep fan ownership alive.

i realise that brian the other board members are in a difficult position at the moment but it's very frustrating not knowing who will be responsible for making a huge decision about the future of the club.

• Like 1

I think that if the Well Society is struggling to get funds now, it's going to struggle to get them in five years. It's a nice idea and one that I myself was a supporter of, but, that was two years ago and things have changed.

The clubs finances are screwed and the WS has already not got enough in the bank to provide another loan. Not to mention the fact that it's considering a loan of £1m to buy the club. It was loans like this that forced Rangers and Hearts into admin. We don't have the fan base to recover like they did.

I think it's come to the time where an external investor is required with or without the Well Society. When the future of the club is at stake, it's vital that the right choice is made. I hope WS can do it, and I want them to do it but I don't think the club will survive without a constant flow of money from someone at the top.

But that's not to say that this consortium is good. I too have looked into the past Solano ventures and found inter Toronto. But the very league is only in its inaugural season as are all 10 (9 without IT) clubs in it. It had its licence revoked for failing to meet league standards with its stadium protocol. That is a staff job, not an owners job.

I hope this is resolved before the Inverness game. We need stability right now.

After all the ownership calamities down Ibrox and Tynecastle way, I wonder if the South American lot would pass the " Fit and Proper" test that surely the SPFL and/or SFA must now look to properly apply to takeovers. Given the recent track record in Canada....where they were thrown out the League for "irregularities".. how can they pass such a test? Our Board don't carry the same clout as the Old Firm, so I don't see a chatty letter from them (as per Rangers re White) promising that the South Americans are good guys will convince anyone.

There's also the Work Permit issue (again part of the irregularities in Canada), although there may be ways round that if a passport link to an EU Country can be established. Maybe that's a reason why they are interested in getting a foothold in Europe having been flung out of the States.