John Boyle

ONeils40yarder

No Nevin was complicit in the club going into administration, he was in charge of a football dealings, he then walked away instead of admitting his part in the mess. Boyle made a mess of a lot of things but Nevin was advising him and spending Boyle's millions on players that weren't worth it.

Boyle lost money. Nevin made a fortune out of Motherwell.

Total fabrication that, and I know for a fact that isn't the case. Boyle & Nevin were really good friends, and Nevin has never spoken to him since administration. Also, Billy Davies has went on the record saying it was his targets.

• Like 1

love him or loathe home, he spent a lot of cash on MFC

He looked quite emotional as he handed the club over today.

Thoughts?

He came in and left us more or less as he found us. An SPL team with a small fanbase and financial issues that seem reasonably pressing if not critical yet.

So ultimately a massive disappoinment as he was supposed to be an astute businessman with money to invest to take the club forward. It was a bit of a rollercoaster ride to say the least. I don't bear any strong grudges he tried and made a pigs ear of it, largely cleaned up his own mess but I won't have particuarly fond memories.

He still for me carries the can for the administration debacle, his leadership and vision led us there and he left many people short changed for the experience. The visibly moany faced overpaid players that lost out I had not to much sympathy for but others I suspect who were getting or owed much less will have lost out.

He came in and left us more or less as he found us. An SPL team with a small fanbase and financial issues that seem reasonably pressing if not critical yet.

Interesting , and maybe a reflective point

Did he really leave us as he found us?

suppose the measures would need defined, core fanbase, Id say we are much worse off, whilst league position... average he probably scores well but left where we are its hard to say.

stadium condition...

infrastructure... have we got a SFA quality accredited system now?

financia turnover has been raised hugely but then is that a good thing when a large chunk of it is paying players....and survival loans

Yeah that would be my favourite Boyle memory.

Think he had some amusing moments. The story of him blootered on the flight home from Romania and hearing the news that Aberdeen got completely spanked off some Czech mob makes me smile. I am sure it was something along the lines of hoping that Mark McGhee's house burned down!

Interesting , and maybe a reflective point

Did he really leave us as he found us?

suppose the measures would need defined, core fanbase, Id say we are much worse off, whilst league position... average he probably scores well but left where we are its hard to say.

stadium condition...

infrastructure... have we got a SFA quality accredited system now?

financia turnover has been raised hugely but then is that a good thing when a large chunk of it is paying players....and survival loans

Well I was trying to be generous. As you say stadium is 16 year older for one thing but we are neither notably better or worse off that I can see.

Yeah but MFC loss was set against profits from his other companies. He didn't end up with £8 million less cash. And some of that 'spend' was loans.

And for that money, he could've built us a stadium - £1 million spent on John Spencer ffs!

Ah.... ifs, buts and only's....

No one complained about us buying spencer at the time. The fans as well as the owner were chasing success. Ps spencer cost £425k not £1M

No one complained about us buying spencer at the time. The fans as well as the owner were chasing success. Ps spencer cost £425k not £1M

Spencer never cost a transfer fee at all as such. We bought out his final year of his contract at Everton (which was around the £500k mark). So essentially, we paid Spencer £500k to sign for us, not Everton!