Kilmarnock V Motherwell 04/04/2015

Yabba's Turd

Also remember a 3-0 win down there when Killie finished with 8 men, Gary Locke walked for swinging an elbow at Scott Leitch and Andy McLaren for going radge after taking pelters from the Well fans. only scorer I recall was Dougie Ramsey.

Back on topic, I'd take a point, a repeat of the 1-1 at FP.

Was his boy not playing for Killie/in their youth set up recently?

His laddy fell out the senior ranks a good number of years ago and was at Linlithgow rose last time I heard.

TC was one the most technically complete strikers you are ever likely to see at a team like ours and up there with davie cooper, probably just behind him in the pecking order although there's no shame in that

Weighing it all up , Coyne is probably the best striker I've seen at the club in my lifetime. Him and Coyle made for some partnership. Everyone talks about achievement of Hidgon being Top Goalscorer in SPL, but Coyne done it 94-95 season up against much better players than what Higdon was.

I'm sure he's the only player I can think of to represent Motherwell at a World Cup, USA 1994.

As for the game, this on paper is our hardest game from our remaining fixtures and would be happy with a point. If we perfrom like we did 2nd half against Accies, all 3 points is definitely achievable.

Unless it's happened already I'm hoping the failure to confirm Locke as the Killie manager going forward will transmit some uncertainty to their players. I thought he'd have been a shoe-in and it would have been a case of simply rubber stamping his appointment.

Any little distraction helps!

Weighing it all up , Coyne is probably the best striker I've seen at the club in my lifetime. Him and Coyle made for some partnership. Everyone talks about achievement of Hidgon being Top Goalscorer in SPL, but Coyne done it 94-95 season up against much better players than what Higdon was.

I'm sure he's the only player I can think of to represent Motherwell at a World Cup, USA 1994.

As for the game, this on paper is our hardest game from our remaining fixtures and would be happy with a point. If we perfrom like we did 2nd half against Accies, all 3 points is definitely achievable.

Wouldn't really count this as he only played 8 games for us and didn't play at the world cup but thought it was interesting to note

'New Zealand have named seven European-based players in their 23-man squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

Blackburn Rovers central defender Ryan Nelsen will captain the side who are appearing in the tournament for the first time since their debut in 1982.

Plymouth's Rory Fallon, Chris Killen of Middlesbrough, Tommy Smith of Ipswich, West Brom's Chris Wood and Motherwell's Michael McGlinchey are also included./

• Like 1

TC was one the most technically complete strikers you are ever likely to see at a team like ours and up there with davie cooper.

Quite a good comparison because like Cooper, Coyne didn't have any pace either. It was all about space, movement, technique with Coyne and again a lot like Cooper, at the end of the day, instinctive ability.

Also remember a 3-0 win down there when Killie finished with 8 men, Gary Locke walked for swinging an elbow at Scott Leitch and Andy McLaren for going radge after taking pelters from the Well fans. only scorer I recall was Dougie Ramsey.

Pearson got the 2nd, and McFadden scored a free-kick to make it 3-0 IIRC.

Gordon Marshall was in goals for Killie, i'm sure.

Quite a good comparison because like Cooper, Coyne didn't have any pace either. It was all about space, movement, technique with Coyne and again a lot like Cooper, at the end of the day, instinctive ability.

Did he track back though? If he didn't, he was obviously mince.

Tommy Coyne was an absolute genius. What a player. My favourite ever Motherwell player (it will take something pretty bloody special to change that) and my childhood hero.

Being 28 now, I only wish I was older when he played for us, so I could've appreciated his time with us more. I always see fans talk about the Coyne/Coyle partnership. He had a great one with Dougie as well. Always loved the throw-in routine they had. TC would come short to collect, throw a dummy, ball would run through to Arnott who would lay it off to Coyne who'd spun round the side.