Motherwell V Ross County 02/05/15

Yabba's Turd

A just cannae believe people still read the record!

I know! Seriously puts me off reading articles the Wishaw Press and over here in Bargeddieshire the Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser, knowing that the fuckers probably include the click-through in their circulation statistics.

• Like 1

Maybe if more fans phoned these half-wits in the papers and voiced their opinions they would stop attacking the players like Lasley and start pointing the finger at the some of the real culprits in the game like: Mr C. Allan. Can someone tell me what journalists actually contribute to the game of football, especially clubs like ours, Kilmarnock, St Mirren etc. When I challenged Duncan about what he wrote about Keith Lasley his reply was it was his right under freedom of the press. This is a man who comes to Fir Park, gets a free parking space ('Well fans pay £6 to park there), gets in for zilch to the Centre Stand (somewhere most of us cannot afford) and then goes away and writes a column asking why a Motherwell player wasn't booked for persistent fouling??????????? 2/5 Keith Lasley gets booked first touch on Friday night against Killie! If He does I think we can all thank Colin Duncan for that.

QUESTION: What does the Daily Record do for clubs like Motherwell F.C.

Maybe if more fans phoned these half-wits in the papers and voiced their opinions they would stop attacking the players like Lasley and start pointing the finger at the some of the real culprits in the game like: Mr C. Allan. Can someone tell me what journalists actually contribute to the game of football, especially clubs like ours, Kilmarnock, St Mirren etc. When I challenged Duncan about what he wrote about Keith Lasley his reply was it was his right under freedom of the press. This is a man who comes to Fir Park, gets a free parking space ('Well fans pay £6 to park there), gets in for zilch to the Centre Stand (somewhere most of us cannot afford) and then goes away and writes a column asking why a Motherwell player wasn't booked for persistent fouling??????????? 2/5 Keith Lasley gets booked first touch on Friday night against Killie! If He does I think we can all thank Colin Duncan for that.

QUESTION: What does the Daily Record do for clubs like Motherwell F.C.

They give clubs like ours massive publicity, publicity other businesses would have to pay literally millions of pounds to get on an annual basis. That's why 'this man' gets the free parking space and free entry and - gasp - probably a free pie and tea as well.

I don't have time for the Record, I've not read the piece, it may well be utter bollocks, but if that's what the guy thinks so be it. He's allowed to give his opinion and I'd rather that than a situation where the club was signing off Pravda style puff pieces for the media.

If the media served no purpose the club wouldn't put up with them but they do because they do serve a purpose. So you'll just need to put up with them as well.

2/5 Keith Lasley gets booked first touch on Friday night against Killie! If He does I think we can all thank Colin Duncan for that.

Can just imagine John Beaton reading his Daily Record and suddenly desperate to get the card out for Lasley on Friday night because a journalist he's never heard of is telling him how to do his job.

• Like 1