Motherwell V Ross County 02/05/15

Yabba's Turd

Some fans have given up hope because they are being realistic.

Kilmarnock have lost 6 on the trot and haven't won away from home since 1st Jan. What's unrealistic about thinking we might win, not even will win, might win?

Sometimes I wonder if people on here actually watch any football. Just look at the play off final last season. Can you imagine what the cynics would have said if we went into an away leg 2-0 down? Probably the same we are hearing from them now. And there are a million other examples of very unlikely things happening in football matches.

It's football, anything can happen, and until it can't happen that's the way it will stay.

Question is, why isn't McManus doing this?

Tweed said to me at the game that Sutton, Lasley and Law were the only three that looked like they gave a shit. I'd probably add Hammell to that list, but couldn't argue with the general point.

Look around the team, forget footballing ability. How many of this team would you want beside you in the trenches during a war? Character is lacking in too many...

Thought when we got him in he would be EXACTLY that character. What a letdown.

Kilmarnock have lost 6 on the trot and haven't won away from home since 1st Jan. What's unrealistic about thinking we might win, not even will win, might win?

Sometimes I wonder if people on here actually watch any football. Just look at the play off final last season. Can you imagine what the cynics would have said if we went into an away leg 2-0 down? Probably the same we are hearing from them now. And there are a million other examples of very unlikely things happening in football matches.

It's football, anything can happen, and until it can't happen that's the way it will stay.

Ha ha if we're 2 nil down in the 1st leg of a play of final ( which is very likely If we end up at ibrox )

We're going to the championship!!!!

People trotted out the same line about Thistle being dragged back into it, then it was Hamilton and look how that worked out.

Even if Killie don't win again this season, I still don't think we've got enough about us to catch them.

The big problem is clearly us putting the required points on the board.

Going on our form over the season we're not going to win the next 3 games and avoid the play-off. I really fear for us in a play-off coming up against a team on a high with nothing to lose. That's the reality of it IMO.

You're grasping at straws.

We blew it 2 weeks ago against Thistle, the wind blew right out our arses that day!! That was the end of our glorious comeback!!

It's all about preparing the team for 2 play off games now, next 3 games are about getting players fit again and being able to play a high tiempo game against whoever wins the championship play off......and its no cert who we'll play either, QOTS on an artificial park is not something I relish!!

• Like 1

Frustrating stuff and a great opportunity passed up. All the more exasperating still given the defeats of Kilmarnock and St Mirren.

I don't think there's any doubt we were the better team from start to finish but again our failure to capitalise when on top in a game combined with our most generous of defences has cost us.

Not that we were carving out tonnes of clear cut chances but there was only one team looking to win it, and in it for the most part. First half up until we gave them them the goal I thought it was pretty decent stuff. Good tempo, some good performances and looking lively.

The second half was much more disappointing as we didn't threaten nearly as much.

Penalty for the challenge on Pearson? Would like to see that again. Whether Allan got it right or wrong it was a refereeing performance entirely typical of him. I've never been a fan of his and he appeared to have an ever changing criteria for what merited a card, My particular favourite was allowing Boyd, already on a yellow ball not only to put the ball out the park, but of the damn stadium after the whistle had gone, unchecked!

When all's said and done it's disappointing not to have won. The performance was up I felt on Thistle and Accies and if we are to be in the play-offs it's important to at the very least try to get into them on the backing some reasonable displays and ideally a wee undefeated run.

Yet still, after just a meagre point out of nine, there remains a glimmer of hope and something to fight for. I can't see it now to be honest but the likes of Jimmy Glass at Carlisle, Reid at Pittodrie and the goings on at Vicarage Road illustrate what can happen when the battle is taken to the very last seconds of the season. However forlorn it looks - we fight on!

Oh and Billy Dodds, you always were a bit of a cock!

• Like 1

On another note, I find it laughably ridiculous that our Chief Executive spends the game running up and down the touchline wearing a parka.

FFs mate get a grip .Start watching the game !! thought we were the better team today and probably deserved the points.There no 11 ,wtf was he all about ? I sneezed and he fell over !!BTW the drum in the Cooper was doing my ears in .

On another note, I find it laughably ridiculous that our Chief Executive spends the game running up and down the touchline wearing a parka.

FFS get a grip of yourself ,why are you troubled by what he wears...start watching the game and not the fans...its a lot easier

Lots of endeavour today, disappointed that the RC goal was controlled with his hand, ref couldn't have seen it given that he was behind him. We created lots of opportunities but we seemed to get too close to each other on the edge of the box and snuff our own chances out. Grant's drive would have been a great goal.

LOL it was O'Brien's only decent header all day.

A lot of negativity on the boards yet again this evening, largely unmerited. Let's give the opposition some credit. RC battled hard today, played the referee to perfection and threw their bodies at everything. We matched them and could have with a bit of luck got the win. Let's not forget that this team have been for some weeks now on an incredible run. That does not happen by accident and today was always going to be very difficult.

Much is being made of 1 point in three games but PT have hit a bit of form, their record in the last couple of month's being excellent and Accies are no mugs despite a dip in form.

Yet again people are happy to jump on the Baraclough must go band wagon. I asked about a week ago on the Baraclough out thread for people to give some constructive comments on how the tactics could be improved or the team set up differently to make the difference and guess what there was not one single idea or reply.

I have said for months now that this season was lost back in July. For Baraclough to get us 10th or above would have been a job well done. With three games to go that is still a possibility. That many have thrown in the towel displays the same lack of fight that we criticise the players for.

On the transfer window chat, Pearson should have been a good signing as should McDonald. It was the experience we needed. These two players have not done enough. Grant and Johnston were good signings. Laing in my view has improved the solidity at the back. Long is maybe the one that will divide opinion. The signings were fine for a January transfer window. The problem is that it has not been enough to plug the massive weaknesses in the squad and the experienced players have not done enough. McDonald's decision making today was unacceptable for a player of his experience. I don't know how a manager can influence that.

A win on Friday and it is game on again despite what the doom-mongers would have us believe.

FFS get a grip of yourself ,why are you troubled by what he wears...start watching the game and not the fans...its a lot easier

I'm not troubled by it. I just find it quite amusing in comparison to other Chiefs/General managers (Dempster etc) who sat in the directors box wearing suits.

I'm not troubled by it. I just find it quite amusing in comparison to other Chiefs/General managers (Dempster etc) who sat in the directors box wearing suits.

You are typing pish again , Dempster was always down on the touchline beside Flow .