Motherwell V Partick Thistle 23/05/15

Yabba's Turd

As a support we have taken the constant shite this season far too meekly. The players have been given fantastic backing at the last 3 "must win" games and have responded with frankly disgusting levels of apathy. The club is now on the brink of dropping out of the top flight for the first time in over 30 years and too many folk seem to be accepting this too easily for my liking.

The time to let them know what they have delivered on a weekly basis stinks is surely here?

Protests? Walk out? Backs turned as the teams walk out?

Our should we just turn up, pay our money and shuffle in our seats?

They'll be taking the piss if they even think about having a lap of honour at the end!

A lit of the apathy and the ones who won't be back ,will be gone with a good result in 1st leg of play off,in fact it will be a sell out at FP,if there is something to play for in 2nd leg

very much doubt that, cant remember the last time fir park was sold out...prob when Boyle brought in the £5 and £1 against Dundee utd on a Sunday night, but i could be wrong.

The club have mentioned that a few players are a booking away from picking up a suspension, from what I can gather that relates to McManus, Lasley and Pearson so I would imagine they would be three that won't be risked here. You can argue about McManus fair enough but we'll definitely need Pearson and Lasley at their absolute best to have any chance in the play-offs so giving their ageing limbs a rest here might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Wouldn't make wholesale changes, although I admit it is tempting but I'm not sure how beneficial it would actually be, however I would like to see the likes of Dom Thomas and Moore get a start to show Baraclough that they might actually be useful players to have on the pitch instead of just warming the bench. Would probably give Sutton and Ainsworth a start as well to stake a claim for a place in the team ahead of the play-offs.

Will see how I feel on the morning of the game. Just now i can't face it.

Might be easier to go for a practical sense of picking up tickets for the play offs

The Hibs - Rangers game is on Saturday so I doubt they'll have tickets on sale before they know who we'll be playing.

The Hibs - Rangers game is on Saturday so I doubt they'll have tickets on sale before they know who we'll be playing.

Tickets should be on sale as soon as possible

Club should be looking to give ST Holders option to keep seat, then general release

Game is happening no matter the opponents

And even the date is fixed

It perhaps depends upon how on the ball the club are and how accommodating Rangers and Hibs are.

In principle if we were able to sort out provisional allocations and pricing with each of those clubs in advance of the conclusion of their games then they could put tickets on sale for Motherwell fans without the ticket specifying an opponent, or saying Rangers of Hibs. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

The limited window of opportunity for these play-offs does illustrate how beneficial it would be if we were able to offer a print your own ticket facility. I've used such a facility when buying Glasgow Warriors tickets and it makes a fair old difference not having to visit Scotstoun beforehand, or having to get there early to queue.

Perhaps it might even be something that would help with the sale of the Flexi Ticket package going forward if the club were to consider its introduction.

Can't make the game fortunately. But will be at both legs of the dreaded play-off...

To be honest, if I were Baraclough, I have absolutely no idea what I would do. It's probably too late to make wholesale changes to the side, but on the other hand the players that he has stuck by have let us down drastically over the past half dozen matches.

The only realistic changes I could imagine would be Concrete Boots in for the Australian fanny, Ainsworth in for the poor lad who has been shunted around the fringes of our midfield and possibly Wee Dan The Midget in for the big calamity fae Sheffield.

This is a total non event game. I'd rest Hammell and play Twardzik to see if he's up to playing in the play off games. Frankly both our keepers are shit. The likes of Dom Thomas should be given a run out but really anyone carrying a niggle or a booking away from a suspension should be rested. Stephen Pearson should be playing to get his match fitness up as he's been CRAP for us and even the happiest of clappers some who have given me dogs abuse must realise that. Erwin and Moore also should be given a run out as we're seriously weakened with Scott Mac being suspended now and i've lost faith in old concrete boots now too.

As a support we have taken the constant shite this season far too meekly. The players have been given fantastic backing at the last 3 "must win" games and have responded with frankly disgusting levels of apathy. The club is now on the brink of dropping out of the top flight for the first time in over 30 years and too many folk seem to be accepting this too easily for my liking.

The time to let them know what they have delivered on a weekly basis stinks is surely here?

Protests? Walk out? Backs turned as the teams walk out?

Our should we just turn up, pay our money and shuffle in our seats?

They'll be taking the piss if they even think about having a lap of honour at the end!

Why not go along and boo like fuck then? See how many other fans actually join in with you in turning your back?

As for the end of season lap of honour, if the players don't take the time to actually applaud the fans who've backed them this season (primarily one end of the east if we're honest. The rest tend to shift between hurling abuse at our youngsters or sitting in silence) then they'll likely get a right bollocking.

The game itself is nothing more than an inconvenience before the two major games that lay in wait.

The club have mentioned that a few players are a booking away from picking up a suspension, from what I can gather that relates to McManus, Lasley and Pearson so I would imagine they would be three that won't be risked here. You can argue about McManus fair enough but we'll definitely need Pearson and Lasley at their absolute best to have any chance in the play-offs so giving their ageing limbs a rest here might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Wouldn't make wholesale changes, although I admit it is tempting but I'm not sure how beneficial it would actually be, however I would like to see the likes of Dom Thomas and Moore get a start to show Baraclough that they might actually be useful players to have on the pitch instead of just warming the bench. Would probably give Sutton and Ainsworth a start as well to stake a claim for a place in the team ahead of the play-offs.

Im not sure , but do accumulated yellow cards suspensions not take a couple of games to kick in ?

Why not go along and boo like fuck then? See how many other fans actually join in with you in turning your back?

As for the end of season lap of honour, if the players don't take the time to actually applaud the fans who've backed them this season (primarily one end of the east if we're honest. The rest tend to shift between hurling abuse at our youngsters or sitting in silence) then they'll likely get a right bollocking.

The game itself is nothing more than an inconvenience before the two major games that lay in wait.

The thing is david we have another game at fir park after partick .Im hoping an end of season lap of honour means we are staying up .

The thing is david we have another game at fir park after partick .Im hoping an end of season lap of honour means we are staying up .

That's a good point actually. Still, whenever we play our last game at Fir Park this season the players should be showing some appreciation to the fans who've cheered them on this season. Not to do so would be a bit off.

• Like 1

Dan; Straker, Ferguson, Watt (at CB where he's done well with 20's), Law; Thomas, Leitch, Grant, Cadden; Moore and Mackin.

No point risking Erwin when he's been our best player in last few months. Mackin has looked a handful for the 20's so why not try him.

Ben Hall, at the back, and Brett Long, in goal, should come on at half time too. All been offered new deals, perfect time to see how they do with literally nothing at stake. Might even give a little optimism for next season if a few of them look the part.

Reality check time. Success is cyclical, three seasons as best of the rest has been brilliant. At the risk of sounding like an old codger, this is part and parcel of following the 'Well. Anyone expecting us to continue to produce miracles on an ever shrinking budget year in year out needs to lay off the happy pills. The Les Hitchison-led era sounds refreshingly like a structured plan that will shape the club into ongoing viability . A man who has looked at putting in place a business model that doesn't smell of hand to mouth survival with a very few people doing a host of jobs.

A focus on signing up youth prospects and generating transfer revenue and every other conceivable source of earning? What better time to have a massive clear out and start to build.

Meantime yes I'll be there for the Jags game, and the play offs AND whatever/wherever that takes us to

'Well Fan For Life? Too right I am...

• Like 3

Reality check time. Success is cyclical, three seasons as best of the rest has been brilliant. At the risk of sounding like an old codger, this is part and parcel of following the 'Well. Anyone expecting us to continue to produce miracles on an ever shrinking budget year in year out needs to lay off the happy pills. The Les Hitchison-led era sounds refreshingly like a structured plan that will shape the club into ongoing viability . A man who has looked at putting in place a business model that doesn't smell of hand to mouth survival with a very few people doing a host of jobs.

A focus on signing up youth prospects and generating transfer revenue and every other conceivable source of earning? What better time to have a massive clear out and start to build.

Meantime yes I'll be there for the Jags game, and the play offs AND whatever/wherever that takes us to

'Well Fan For Life? Too right I am...

Success can't go on and we are overdue a poor season. However, this isn't due to financial constraints. No miracles have been achieved and no budget has shrunk. McCall had the same budget at his disposal throughout his tenure.

Meanwhile the total spend this year will be as high as it's been since Administration. Ojamaa, Skippy and Pearson among the top earners in what is one of the biggest squads in Scottish football. Relegation is underpinned by sheer incompetence and a lack of leadership.

• Like 1

Success can't go on and we are overdue a poor season. However, this isn't due to financial constraints. No miracles have been achieved and no budget has shrunk. McCall had the same budget at his disposal throughout his tenure.

Meanwhile the total spend this year will be as high as it's been since Administration. Ojamaa, Skippy and Pearson among the top earners in what is one of the biggest squads in Scottish football. Relegation is underpinned by sheer incompetence and a lack of leadership.

Not sure who mentioned miracle. I think the leadership problem was more down to the hiatus between McCall baling out and the ownership issue being resolved, KB took the helm and carried on doing exactly the same fruitless stuff As SMC.By the time Baraclough got the job the malaise was even more entrenched and the injury list was even longer. I'm still to be convinced that the new guy is the right man, but I think he was dealt a properly shit opening hand. His transfer dealings give me cause for concern though, and loan players are not what I would pin my last hopes on. They mostly look as if their tools have already been put away.

See that Barraclough has said there be a few changes for today. He's going to give some of those knocking on his door for a game a chance to prove themselves............

I take it I'm not getting a game as I haven't heard from him....... Anyone here get a shout? :biggrin:

Seriously though I'd imagine Dan may get a shot, Sutton will probably start along with Moore, Hammell needs to play just to keep give him game.

As for the rest open for debate

Dan

Law. Kerr, McManus, Hammell

Ainsworth, Grant, Lasley, Johnson

Moore, Sutton

In my opinion we don't want to lose our good record at home. Need to keep the impetus up and not have players going down a gear.

We shouldn't need to rest players with the format of the play offs.

Our biggest worry about putting out more or less a first team is player discipline which has been absolutely shocking and something that has to be addressed big time.

• Like 1