Long Out Twardzik In

Big Higdon

Guy's been dropped since January. What makes anyone think he has a future at Fir Park other than as back up?

If we take the drop there's a good chance that he'll be the best 'keeper we have at the club! How many other better 'keepers than him will be interested in playing Championship football?

Not sure the keeper did much wrong on Saturday. The equaliser was as a result of him and O'Brien going for the same ball, better communication would have helped but either would probably have cleared the ball if the other wasn't there.

Other than that the keeper did fine, I have seen comments about him slowing the play down but I saw him rushing to the 18 yard line with no-one looking for the ball.

Not sure the keeper did much wrong on Saturday. The equaliser was as a result of him and O'Brien going for the same ball, better communication would have helped but either would probably have cleared the ball if the other wasn't there.

Thought lessons would have been learned from the Pittodrie calamity. Looks like to me like either Long doesn't communicate well with his defenders, or they don't communicate well with him. Don't mind him but for a guy that 'looks' like a keeper, he doesn't dominate in the way he should. Either way, it's cost us points more than once this season.

If we take the drop there's a good chance that he'll be the best 'keeper we have at the club! How many other better 'keepers than him will be interested in playing Championship football?

I'd imagine, given the choice between sitting on the bench at a better team, or playing every week with us, quite a few would choose the latter.

I had the following confirmed to me yesterday....The only reason Sheffield United let George Long come on loan to us was that we had to guarantee that if he was fit he would play. So unless we can send him back, Long will be our keeper for the next 3 matches

A number of people told me this when Long was signed.